Stupid anime fights piss me off...

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

lgot
Jedi Knight

Post by lgot »

Does not make much difference also - the first episodes of the TV series are badly adapted in the opinion of Watsuki and there is a lot of changes and stories that did not happened in the manga.
The OAV exists after the best part of the TV series - which is when they do the most faithful adaptation - the Shishio story and after it ends , they did also a lot of stories that are not published in the manga (very bad) and then they made the series with the past - that was something present in the manga at least.
if I was you, would give a try at least in the Shishio story - The TV series is lighter- but so is the manga, Watsuki is very playful around. It would not hurt the sequence of happening anyways.
Muffin is food. Food is good. I am a Muffin. I am good.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

How about the movies?

Sorry, it's just that I was absolutely blown away by the OAV. Is there anything in the Kenshin canon as good?

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
lgot
Jedi Knight

Post by lgot »

The movie is ok. Nothing special or anything

I would say that the manga is better than both the TV series and the OAV.
The difference is the OAV is more darker - the manga and the TV series have a taste for some comedy and the fights sometimes go to a superhuman leavel easily.
For the TV series , in the level of the OAV only the Shishio story (which is very good, much better in the manga) but the animation of the tv series is overall worse than the animation of the OAV. But the Shishio series is everything - villains and heroes and plus some of the best extras of Kenshin universe are there: Saitou, Seta, Shishio plus Aoshi.
Again the manga have the advantage of dealing with the historical context (lots of things are of course basead on real events - in the manga, the autor explains or use it a bit more), so it is worthwhile.
But i think the overall feeling among Kenshin's fans is that of the animations, the OAV is the better one.
Muffin is food. Food is good. I am a Muffin. I am good.