Tenchi Muyo! OVA3 Episode 1 Preview...

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Humans are just an offshoot from Juraians.
Where did they mention this? is it in GXP? If so, do they bother to explain why everyone in the Galaxy speaks whatever language is convenient? I'm pretty sure we have a very good line of evolutionary descent on this planet. AN di didn't know Yosho had a Juraian wife; this was not mentioned in the OAV. Is it also from GXP?
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Yeah apparently she lived on Earth for a while and had Achika((Kiyone was shown in the Mihoshi Special,also means that at least 1 UFO sighting in the 50`s was real)) and a second dauhter He married her after he left Jurai and they are still married I think remember the Old mnan disguise is just a disguise Yosho is easily over 800 years old.
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Kiyone was shown in the Mihoshi Special
Yeah, but that Kiyone is not related to Yosho or Tenchi, right?

And where was this information published? I never saw the Mihoshi or Sasami special, but I haven't head anyone mention this info being in them. I can believe he had a Jurai wife, but I thought someone said she was human? If so, where has she been all these years?
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Mihoshi special is Mihoshi talking about her last mission with Kiyone its out on DVD. GXP has details of Yoshos wife who works for Lady Seto
Black Mage,

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

There are notes called "secret files" on the OVA DVD set. That is where I got my information, although it is also on the net if you look for it.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Agh, for some reason when I was refering to Koike as a former wife because I had thought he had another wife on Earth for some reason (probably mixing up the OVA with the first TV series).

In reality, OVA Yosho has only had one wife, Koike, who probably went back into space after Kiyone (OVA ver. Achika) was born.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

There are notes called "secret files" on the OVA DVD set. That is where I got my information, although it is also on the net if you look for it.
I've gotta get those sometime.
In reality, OVA Yosho has only had one wife, Koike, who probably went back into space after Kiyone (OVA ver. Achika) was born.
1) I think OVA Yosho does have more than one wife (or did, at any rate). Remember, Nobuyuki is his great-grandson or something, who married Yosho's daughter.

PS: What I really want to see is for Tenchi and Ayeka to get in horrible trouble, and then for Ryoko, Nobuyuki, and Yosho to have to go rescue them! Yeah, Nobuyuki with the lighthawk sword! Yeah!

2) So, basically, there are two Kiyone's, right?

3) Do Yosho and Koiko have some family troubles? I mean, she's never mentioned in the OVA, so I can only assume Yosho wasn't really keen on her. Ok, the actual reason is that the makers didn't know what they were going to write back then, but...
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

1. Nobuyuki is actually distantly related to Yosho, by at least several hundred years (something that Yosho knew but Nobuyuki didn't, but they're being related was just a coincidence and didn't factor into his marrying Kiyone).

2. Yes, as far as I know, there are two Kiyones in the OVA: Kiyone Masaki - Tenchi's mother, and Kiyone Makibi - the GP detective. Also as far as I know, Kiyone Masaki has not been retroactively renamed Achika.

3. Actually, now I've run into a problem. I'm checking character profiles on Little Washu's "Cute" Homepage (www.washu.org), which I picked because it was the most professional site that I could remember, and I can't find a character named Koike. The GXP character that's part of the Galaxy Police Academy is named Airi, but she is described as Tenchi's MATERNAL grandmother!! :?

I'm throwing my hands up right now, as this all seems to get more complicated as I go deeper... :|

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

ADDITIONAL TO THE ABOVE:

I've found a profile to a GXP character named Noike, who is a Juraian living with the Masaki family. It doesn't appear that she's related to them, but she is indeed the character that's been shown in images for OVA3.

So, at least we've solved the identity of the GXP character that will appear in OVA3... :)

Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

NO!!!!!!!

Not about tenchi muyo!

Spany, give us a cute girl profile image. ;)
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

This is Airi, Kiyone's mother and Tenchi's maternal grandmother from GXP:

This is Noike, the Juraian living with the Masaki family from GXP and AFAIK, OVA3:

And here's a picture from the Official Tenchi site, which I think has been used for OVA3 advertising:

Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Nah, I meant for your avatar pic. The current one is all artistic. Give us CUTENESS! :)
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Oh, alright...

In case you can't tell, it's Asuka:
http://ironmouse.za.org/dragon/asuka/054/032804.jpg

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Someone should just build a plain and simple family tree of the Masaki family. My head's already spinning. Image
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I made one for the OVA back in high school in my episode summary/time line notes, but that was back when it was damn simple.

Recently I tried to make one using a geneology programme I downloaded from a site, but I didn't finish it and had to do some cheating to work somewhat right. Unfortunately, I lost it during Sarah's format last Winter (although I could always go look for it).

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Shinova wrote:Someone should just build a plain and simple family tree of the Masaki family. My head's already spinning. Image
Here you go, but you're head's still going to hurt. :mrgreen:

Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

If you can't see it, here's the URL:

http://tmau.fateback.com/articles/family_tree.gif

From this site:

http://tmau.cjb.net/

Notables and facts:

Washu is Mihoshi's Great-Great Grandmother!

Fuku(the other cabbit) is from GXP.

Lady Seto is descended from the woman Kagato was cloned from. That explains a lot. :D
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Thanks for the link, Samus. Both the tree and the site as a whole are proving to be very informative.

The tree isn't really that confusing, just really complicated since it's a lot of information to take in. :)

(by the way, could a mod remove the image tags for that pic, please? It's in my cache, so I can see it. I'd rather not have the format messed up and besides, bandwidth theft of that size is very naughty... ;) )

How can the generation gap between Mihoshi and Washu be that small? I thought her liason happened between 5000 and 20000 years ago... :?

Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Well they never really explained what the ife expectancy of people was in the series also Washu copuld have passed on long life genes or something
Black Mage,

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

But there is no indication that the Kuramitsus do live long, and 20000 years is a very long time for 20-60 year olds to have so few generational gaps.

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Link doesn't work for me. Where can I find it manually on the site?
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Front page in updates, or in Articles.