Smallville-your opinion?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Smallville-your opinion?

Post by FaxModem1 »

I think its okay and fun for Superman fans and keep hoping that Lex will turn out all right even though I know he won't.

What is your opinion of the show?
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I am not a regular watcher, but the times I do catch it, I keep asking myself why I don't watch more often :)

The interaction between the Kents feels very genuine, as does the troubled friendship between Clark and Lex. I also like seeing the boy behind the Corporate Despot that we all love to hate. Lex is a very complex, wonderfully built character on this show, and I find myself watching him sometimes more than Clark! :D

My Opinion: I should really watch it more, it's a great show deserving of my support.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

I think it's pretty good. And it does seem to have a few nods to comics which was pretty cool.

Though the krypto-mutant of the week got a bit trite after a while.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Only one word I can think for it: meh.

It's ok, but ehhh, I can't stand some parts.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

I like it alright.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Post by Admiral Johnason »

It is only getting better, but I am still waiting for him to head to the north pole.
Liberals for Nixon in 3000: Nixon... with carisma and a shiny robot body.

never negoiate out of fear, but never fear to negoiate.

Captian America- Justice League

HAB submarine commander-
"We'll break you of your fear of water."
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

I can't stand it. It just seems like a typical WB drama for the most part. The only good part is Lex.
delicious pies
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

I like it, think its very well done. It will only get better, especially if Jeph Loeb starts to take a more active role in it, him being the incredible writer that he is. That, and Bruce Wayne may make an appearance later on, which would be great.

The Christopher Reeve cameo was nicely done, especially with the Superman them teasing in the background. And as mentioned, the Lex/Clark friendship is excellently pulled off as believable.

Again as someone else mentioned, the kryptonite-powered villains every week got crap after the first seven or eight times. Bring on Brainiac or something, dammit! He doesn't have to be shown explicitly, just moving behind the scenes.
Falkenhorst
Jedi Knight

Post by Falkenhorst »

I started writing a fanfic called WELCOME TO SMALLVILLE about 6 months ago, it was where LT. Hit-Man somehow ends up in Smallville, :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Falkenhorst

BOTM 15.Nov.02

Post #114 @ Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:44 pm

"I've had all that I wanted of a lot of things I've had
And a lot more than I needed of some things that turned out bad"

-Johnny Cash, "Wanted Man"

UPF: CARNIVAL OF RETARDS
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

I'm waiting for angst-filled teen Zod, his goth-chick girlfriend, and her retarded brother to come to town and make everyone kneel before them. Gimme that, and I'll watch. :wink:
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Damn good show...
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Good show although I think dropping that annoying Kent kid and focusing more on the Luthors would be a good idea. :D