HUGE Big O *SPOILER* Do not read!

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

LordShaithis
Redshirt

HUGE Big O *SPOILER* Do not read!

Post by LordShaithis »

Roger defeats the rebuilt Big Duo, piloted by Alan Gabriel in Act 24. It's headless body flies straight up under it's own power...

And in Act 25, we see it reach the sky, which consits of... stage lights! Giant fucking STAGE LIGHTS!
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

PS - And looking more closely at the clip I downloaded...

It's hard to get a sense of scale, but...

It looks like the lights aren't huge...

It looks like Big Duo is... twelve inches tall?!?!

*head explodes*
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Post by Cosmic Average »

Heh. That would totally kick ass, while also sucking. :lol:
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

On a less insanity-inducing note, I've also seen some sweet clips of Norman the butler kicking mad amounts of ass with everything from twin 9mm's, to a Batman-style grapple, to a tripod-mounted machine gun. :twisted:
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Is there a point to this?
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Is there a point to this?
I dunno, maybe people want to discuss Big O?

Calm down.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

More looks like Prawn's just using it to ramble to me...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:More looks like Prawn's just using it to ramble to me...
Rambling that remains on topic is allowed. That's what most threads are, anyway.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Prawn?

If they were fighting in a dome, yes, the lights (even the 'sun') are huge stage lights.

This is one of the 'perks' of being rich enough to live in a dome.

Otherwise, I'll wait and watch myself.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

I see I was unclear. Big Duo has to pass through clouds before reaching these lights, the "bulbs" of which dwarf the robot itself.
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

GrandAdmiralPrawn wrote:I see I was unclear. Big Duo has to pass through clouds before reaching these lights, the "bulbs" of which dwarf the robot itself.
Forgive me if I'm skeptical. Prawn, I do have a small request, though. Can the spoilers be keep down in future? I know you want to share, but I have to read the threads as Mod, and I like the mystery. I want to emphasize I'm asking as a poster here, not a mod, so feel free to tell me to fuck off.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

SirNitram wrote:
GrandAdmiralPrawn wrote:I see I was unclear. Big Duo has to pass through clouds before reaching these lights, the "bulbs" of which dwarf the robot itself.
Forgive me if I'm skeptical. Prawn, I do have a small request, though. Can the spoilers be keep down in future? I know you want to share, but I have to read the threads as Mod, and I like the mystery. I want to emphasize I'm asking as a poster here, not a mod, so feel free to tell me to fuck off.
I can keep an eye on any future Big O threads if you'd like. That way prawn can share and you'll be safe from spoilers.
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Stormbringer wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
I can keep an eye on any future Big O threads if you'd like. That way prawn can share and you'll be safe from spoilers.
Works for this Black Mage. Thanks, Storm.

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

SirNitram wrote:Works for this Black Mage. Thanks, Storm.
No problem.
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

I dunno man

That sounds awefully weird
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

You and Storm seem to have this worked out, but nevertheless: If you'd like me to start posting spoilers in a text size and color that will force one to copy/paste before being able to read them, just say the word.

That said, if anyone would like to see the clips in question, just go HERE.

Okay, here's the ultimate spoiler. I can't help but want to post it, but it's just so goddamn shocking: At the climax of the final episode, we cut away to Roger, Dorothy, and Angel watching the whole thing themselves on a monitor. Think "The Truman Show".
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

GrandAdmiralPrawn wrote: At the climax of the final episode, we cut away to Roger, Dorothy, and Angel watching the whole thing themselves on a monitor. Think "The Truman Show".
So it's going back to the "actors on a stage" metaphor from episode 14? Hmm...that would also explain why the episodes are called "Acts."
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Since it's marked spoilers there's no need for the text. Especially since the copy and paste thing's really annoying.
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

And there's even a Big O promo poster visibile over Roger's shoulder during the studio scene. I want him to wake up in season 3 and realize this little bit of madness was a dream or some shit. This sucks.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

GrandAdmiralPrawn wrote:And there's even a Big O promo poster visibile over Roger's shoulder during the studio scene. I want him to wake up in season 3 and realize this little bit of madness was a dream or some shit. This sucks.
Maybe...only one problem Season 2 is the finishing touch to season 1.

We may not see a season 3 unless there is a larger outcry for it then there was for finishing up season 1.

Though as it stands this somewhat sucks because having it be basically a "Truman Show" is a cop-out ending basically going "Everything you liked or gave a damn about is nothing more then an elaborate sham!"
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Cartoon Network has an option on up to 26 more episodes, so if this season draws ratings, they'll think of something. Hopefully.
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

so which lady is it Angel or Dorothy?
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

The next episode has an interesting little Roger/Dorothy/Angel scene, but I won't spoil it this close to airtime. All I'll say is this: Watch for Dorothy's smirk. :wink:

I haven't seen many spoiler clips dealing with relationships. (The clips are all in Japanese, so the poster puts up mostly action scenes.) My gut tells me Dorothy is the one for Roger, though. She's carried off during one of the spoiler clips, and Roger's reaction is the most frantic and out of control I've ever seen the character. (He's full-on screaming "Dorothyyyyyy!!!" while reaching dramatically after her.) If you want to see it, hit the link I posted a few posts above and dowload "Clip 28 Part C".
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

Stormbringer wrote:Since it's marked spoilers there's no need for the text. Especially since the copy and paste thing's really annoying.
Oh, okay.

I was thinking about this, and now I see this "stage" thing makes even more sense than before. It ties in with the question of the lost memories, too; just as in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead the characters have no memory of what happens before the play's beginning, because they don't exist outside the play.

Of course, there are some differences between Big O and a play; problems aren't resolved by a deus ex machina but by a machina ex deus. :wink:
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Unconfirmed: Last thing Roger says in the series is "stay tuned" while watching the climax of the "show" on the monitor. Goddamit, there better be a season 3....