Which Tenchi Girl For You!?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Which one for you?

Ryoko (Hakubi)
23%
Washu (Hakubi)
13%
Ayeka Jurai
15%
Sasami Jurai
13%
Ryo-Ohki
3%
Mihoshi
10%
Other
23%

Total votes: 39

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Nah if Wassu is more likely to agree with Kei of the dirty pair

Yuri: Wait are you telling me your into artificial men <Boinking robots>
Kei: Have you known any other kind.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Re: Which Tenchi Girl For You!?

Post by Kuja »

Smiling Bandit wrote:No Tv-only characters! OAV it is!
Fuck you!

KIYONE RULES!
JADAFETWA
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Reminds me of the thread I started in SB a couple of years ago.

Kei & Yuri + Mihoshi and Ki-yoni must apprehend a criminal........

wait for it...

wait for it.....

How much of Jurai, and Tenchi Earth is left standing......

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Kiyone was in the Tenchi OVAs Mihoshi spcial so she counts as an OVA char
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Datana
Jedi Master

Post by Datana »

I'd pick Tsunami myself, but I was curious -- does Manatsu no Eve count as OAV or TV? It doesn't seem to belong to either (Kiyone is in it, but it otherwise is OAV-ish), while the other two movies (Tenchi in Love and Harukanaru Omoi) are clearly TV continuity. That might give an out to Kiyone voters.
Member of the Anti-PETA Anti-Fascist League
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Fuck you!

KIYONE RULES!
She was in the OAV, if only in the Mihoshi special.
I'd pick Tsunami myself, but I was curious -- does Manatsu no Eve count as OAV or TV? It doesn't seem to belong to either (Kiyone is in it, but it otherwise is OAV-ish), while the other two movies (Tenchi in Love and Harukanaru Omoi) are clearly TV continuity. That might give an out to Kiyone voters.
Manatsu no Ebu is more like the TV show: otherwise they probably would have introduced kyone then; she wasn't a character Tenchi knew. If they introduce Kiyone in the new OAV, then we can cal it an OAV movie as well.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

Kiyone
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Darth_Shinji wrote:Actaully outside of the very begin of Tenchi ova Ryoko has never actaully tried to hurt Tenchi (IIRC of course). However not only has she shown that she is willing to sacrifice her life for him.....
I'm not sure that really counts. I'm fairly certain Ryoko is skilled enough to kill Tenchi without breaking a sweat, even with character shielding.

Incidentally, I think she was trying to kiss him when she was still in her frozen mummy form.

I pick Sasami, because it technically counts as dating Tsunami. Who wouldn't date a goddess?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
CelesKnight
Padawan Learner

Post by CelesKnight »

Datana wrote:I'd pick Tsunami myself, but I was curious -- does Manatsu no Eve count as OAV or TV? It doesn't seem to belong to either (Kiyone is in it, but it otherwise is OAV-ish), while the other two movies (Tenchi in Love and Harukanaru Omoi) are clearly TV continuity. That might give an out to Kiyone voters.
I think that MnE is supposed to be based on the OVAs. Presumably, the third OVA series will introduce Kione and move them to the house seen in the movie.

Ryoko is my fav. of the main characters. I think that she would be the most "fun", hence I choose her. Washu is also fun, but too dangerous to be around. Ryoko is going to protect you from harm, Washu is going to create a freak clone from you. Aeka is just too stuck up, and and Mihosi is too much of an airhead. Tsunami is the most beautiful, but she only shows human emotions rarely, so it would have hard to have her for a long term relationship. Ryo-ohki would only be fun for the spaceship feature. When Sasami grows up, I think that she would be the best choice. She'll be as beautiful as Tsunami (literally), and is by far the most stable of the bunch.

If we can reach into other universes, I choose Lafial from Crest of the Stars. Cute, strong, powerful family, and you get to hang out on a ship that doesn't violate any more physical laws than ST or SW.
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

Ryoko [Spike]I love a woman who can kick my ass[/spike]
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

After some thought, I decided on Mihoshi.

First of all, she has an almost perfect combination of cuteness and sexiness. The best part is, much of her sexiness is unintentional. She just is.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers