Anime

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

There are white elements like the gloves, boots, and belt, but the majority that covers her body is clear.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:There are white elements like the gloves, boots, and belt, but the majority that covers her body is clear.
XaLEv must have watched a censored version or something, with "digital swimsuits" and the like.

That's too bad, because GitS had some great tit shots. :teeth:
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

I find it unlikely that it has been censored in that way every time I've seen it.

I distinctly remember the entire suit being white, though I admit it's been a few years since I last saw it.

Guess I'll have to go rent it or something.
「かかっ―」
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I have the soundtrack CD right here, and the label shows her before she cloaked. It's transparent, and you can see the white of her boots.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I should add that it's not an image drawn for the CD, but a still from the movie.

Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

A clearer scene would be near the end when she is attempting to remove the lid of the tank. She looks almost completely naked (mighty big nipples and all), but she in fact has a very thin film coating on her skin, which is the thermoptic suit. When her skin and limbs begin to tear, the suit tears as well, iirc, revealing her skin to be clearer and slightly darker than how it looks with the suit over it.

She's clearly wearing a see-through suit in the movie, while in the manga it's typically a thick black outfit. The manga has so much more depth and explanation to its much deeper story (plus :luv: Fuchikomas! :luv: ).
By His Word...
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

Durran Korr wrote:I do like Oshii's take on the GiTS universe.
An universe made excessively dreary in comparison to the manga. But then again I prefer his work on Urusei Yatsura over nearly everything else he directed.
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

XaLEv wrote: I distinctly remember the entire suit being white, though I admit it's been a few years since I last saw it.
Only her stockings (right name???) and gloves were opaque white.
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

Darth Utsanomiko wrote:The manga has so much more depth and explanation to its much deeper story (plus :luv: Fuchikomas! :luv: ).
Now if only they'd kept the Fuchikoma's for GitS:SAS. The Tachikoma's get on my nerves.
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

Archaic` wrote:
Now if only they'd kept the Fuchikoma's for GitS:SAS. The Tachikoma's get on my nerves.
The Fuchikomas probably would have stage a revolt after being talk down to like children and Tachikomas in SAC.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

The Tachikomas are incredibly kawaii. So what if they don't look as cool as the Fuchikomas?
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

I've only watched one episode of that series. Is there any big differences between Fuchikomas and Tachikomas?
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

Shinova wrote:I've only watched one episode of that series. Is there any big differences between Fuchikomas and Tachikomas?
I would recommand looking for a copy of the GitS game openning to give you an idea what the Fuchikomas are capable of in combat.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Rubberanvil wrote:
Shinova wrote:I've only watched one episode of that series. Is there any big differences between Fuchikomas and Tachikomas?
I would recommand looking for a copy of the GitS game openning to give you an idea what the Fuchikomas are capable of in combat.
*ahem* A video game is not a good judge of damage capability.

Refer to the manga instead.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Rubberanvil wrote:
Heh, good luck. That game is quite rare and from what I've heard extremely hard.

It would be far easier to just read the manga, assuming that Shin hasn't already (which I think he has, IIRC).

Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

It's not THAT rare. You can probably find it on eBay for a decent price.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:
*ahem* A video game is not a good judge of damage capability.
I only mention the openning video of the game to see a Fuchikoma would look animated and in a fight. BTW anyone interested in the video PM me.
Refer to the manga instead.
It just proves Fuchikomas superior, Tachikomas inferior. :)
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Heh, good luck. That game is quite rare and from what I've heard extremely hard.
Only if you're trying to get the picture of Motoko Kusanagi at the end of the game without using continues.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

I read the manga first and was quite disappointed with GitS plotwise. Also found the transparent thermoptic camo suit to be too gratuitous.
If you thought the film was gratuitous, wait till you read Man-Machine Interface. He lays on the fanservice pretty thick, and that's not even in the uncensored version.

Not to mention the lesbian orgy in the original Japanese manga. The very definition of gratuity.

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Symmetry
Jedi Master

Post by Symmetry »

Darth Utsanomiko wrote:The manga has so much more depth and explanation to its much deeper story
The movie still had quite a lot of depth for being only 2 hours long. I thought it worked very well, and would have suffered if the director had tried to reach for too much.

(plus :luv: Fuchikomas! :luv: ).
Fuchikomas rock.
SDN Rangers: Gunnery Officer

They may have claymores and Dragons, but we have Bolos and Ogres.
Symmetry
Jedi Master

Post by Symmetry »

Durran Korr wrote:If you thought the film was gratuitous, wait till you read Man-Machine Interface. He lays on the fanservice pretty thick, and that's not even in the uncensored version.
It seems like all of Shirow's art has been getting gratiutous lately.
SDN Rangers: Gunnery Officer

They may have claymores and Dragons, but we have Bolos and Ogres.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

The film was actually only around 80 minutes long.