Eric Haller vs. WOD or Hellsing

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Eric Haller vs. WOD or Hellsing

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Ok, my attempt at writing something interesting I created the werewolf Eric Haller.
Flashbacks: Haller seemse to have dreams that aren't normal, or flashbacks to other times, or he's simply insane.

Not effected by Silver: Part of his ties with Loki, Haller instead of being harmed by silver can only be harmed by Holly/Mistletoe (Motly in Gaes and binding)

Fire manipulation: Seems to be able to manipulate / control all forms of combustion. Particular good at making a supernatural hunter's guns jam

The holly thing seems to be tied to what happened to Baldar, (Which is where I got the idea from.) However in Haller's case it also works like circe and molly (He can't harm someone who has it one their person)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Waitaminute: he can only be harmed by mistletoe? Does touching mistletoe kill him? What if someone tears off his head and roasts his corpse?
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Alucard would still rip him into tiny, tiny peices. There's nothing to suggest he'd be more than a diversion to Alurcard.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Smiling Bandit wrote:Waitaminute: he can only be harmed by mistletoe? Does touching mistletoe kill him? What if someone tears off his head and roasts his corpse?
If my memory of what happened to Baldir is correct, then he must be dealt a mortal blow with the mistletoe.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

No, Baldur was poked by Mistletoe and died.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Smiling Bandit wrote:No, Baldur was poked by Mistletoe and died.
Really? The way I read it, the gods were throwing stuff at Baldur, and Hödur wanted to play. So Loki got him a bow with a arrow made of mistletoe. He fired and mortally wounded Baldur.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

the latter point is correct

Shot through the heart by mistletoe

In haller's case it works more like a celtic gaes.

All silver does is piss him off.

If you know about him and mistletoe, you can make weapons out of it, poison him with it, or use it to command/protect yourself from him.

Of course the other half of being able to manipulate/control/dampen/intensify fire & combustion works into the more AD&D interpretation of Loki.

Christine's guns never work when Haller isn't supprised, when someone needs to drive really fast he can enhance the combustion within an engine.... (of course blowing the head gasket off doesn't help very often), and if concentrating he can reach C. Magee level pyrokenisis.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

He's still no match for Alucard.

For that matter any WoD vampire besides a neonate should be able to give him a run for his money.