Sam & Max vs. Kei & Yuri

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

What?

Girls with Copious Amounts of Firepower
40%
Creepy Anthromorphic Dog & Rabbity-Thing
60%

Total votes: 15

Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Sam & Max vs. Kei & Yuri

Post by Bob McDob »

Dirty Pair vs. Freelance Police! This one doesn't suck because I made a poll.
That's the wrong way to tickle Mary, that's the wrong way to kiss!
Don't you know that, over here lad, they like it best like this!
Hooray, pour les français! Farewell, Angleterre!
We didn't know how to tickle Mary, but we learnt how, over there!
Arthur_Tuxedo
Sith Acolyte

Post by Arthur_Tuxedo »

Never heard of the anime stuff, but you just can't knock Sam & Max.
"Sam, how could you? Gratuitous violence is my forte!" - Max
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

"Dating is not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a heart-pounding, stomach-wrenching, gut-churning exercise in pitting your fear of rejection and public humiliation against your desire to find a mate. Enjoy." - Darth Wong
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Arthur_Tuxedo wrote:Never heard of the anime stuff, but you just can't knock Sam & Max.
"Sam, how could you? Gratuitous violence is my forte!" - Max
Yes, but hte Dirty Pair accidently blow everything into tiny-tiny piecies, while acting as an ambiguously lesbien duop in the process. Hwo can you beat that?
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Sam and Max are unstoppable forces of nature, spreading chaos where ever they go. They cannot be stopped, only delayed in humorous and outlandish manners.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Sam and Max are unstoppable forces of nature, spreading chaos where ever they go. They cannot be stopped, only delayed in humorous and outlandish manners.
Lesbians sound like a good way to do that.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Cthulhu-chan
Padawan Learner

Post by Cthulhu-chan »

Much as I hate to say it, the Freelance Police are our of their league.

While Sam & Max's exploits are legendary and they sow chaos with vigor and aplomb, they are strictly a terrestrial level threat. Well yes, they did inadvertently destroy that giant cockroach kingdom on the moon, but that was an exeptional case.

The Lovely Angels are an interstellar level threat, univerally feared and reviled on a galactic level, and rightly so. They have yet to fail a mission, but it is guaranteed to leave the affected planet with one less city, a shattered economy, a devastated enviroment, or any combination thereof. In some cases, the planet itself is destroyed, and in one rather extreme example an entire solar system was destroyed due to a artificially triggered supernova. Which caused the stars of a few neighboring systems to also nova. This one was actually Yuri's fault, though she believed she was in a simulation at the time. The only reason the WWWA keeps them in service is because of their flawless (though dirty) record, and the fact that the threats they faced were of a far grander scale that the resultant destruction they inadvertantly cause.

Sam and Max would be fair competitors if given the same resources and sphere of influence, however.
"Heaven is an American salary, a Chinese cook, an English house, and a Japanese wife. Hell is defined as having a Chinese salary, an English cook, a Japanese apartment, and an American wife." -- James H. Kabbler III.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

They took out most of the West Coast with a spontaniously-growing forest using only their wits and assorted junk they picked up on their travels in Sam & Max Hit the Road.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

The Angels already have the super genious cat...

Figure they would join forces and destroy Galaxy level threats....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Post by Bob McDob »

The Yosemite Bear wrote: Figure they would join forces and destroy Galaxy level threats....
Isn't that like against the law?
That's the wrong way to tickle Mary, that's the wrong way to kiss!
Don't you know that, over here lad, they like it best like this!
Hooray, pour les français! Farewell, Angleterre!
We didn't know how to tickle Mary, but we learnt how, over there!
Damaramu
Jedi Master

Post by Damaramu »

I give this one to Kei and Yuri. As said before, they frequently level cities, destroy planets, shatter ecosystems, etc.

Sam and Max, while having a cool game (and a new one on the way, mind you) just can't match the raw firepower and the sexiness of the Lovely Angels. 8)
Cthulhu-chan
Padawan Learner

Post by Cthulhu-chan »

What are you saying? Max is one SEXXXAY lagomorph!

"Heaven is an American salary, a Chinese cook, an English house, and a Japanese wife. Hell is defined as having a Chinese salary, an English cook, a Japanese apartment, and an American wife." -- James H. Kabbler III.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

The two of them Teaming up is probably against several sector on higher laws....

I feel very sorry for the Yuzzum Vong Invasion Fleet. (Not really)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin