Jason vs T-800

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Lord_Xerxes
Jedi Knight

Jason vs T-800

Post by Lord_Xerxes »

Typical vs. Thread. Who would win, and your reasons why/why not.

Jason (Vorhees) vs the T-800.

How about Jason X? Would this make any difference? (Jason X being the upgraded version from the movie of the same name.
"And as I promised, I said I would read from the bible..." "...And if we could turn our bible to Pslams..."Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Pslams 137:9) So let me ask you a question? Who is the worst influence, God or Marilyn Manson?" "God!" "And if that's not the best fucking example, God HIMSELF killed his own MOTHER FUCKING SON!"-Marilyn Manson

"Don't fuck with a Jedi Master, son..." -M.H in J.A.S.B.S.B
Achieved ultimate Doom (post 666) on Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:38 pm
Lord_Xerxes
Jedi Knight

Post by Lord_Xerxes »

Agh, why was this moved? The Terminator series is Sci-Fi, and Jason X is also a Sci-Fi movie (although regular Jason's aren't.)
"And as I promised, I said I would read from the bible..." "...And if we could turn our bible to Pslams..."Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Pslams 137:9) So let me ask you a question? Who is the worst influence, God or Marilyn Manson?" "God!" "And if that's not the best fucking example, God HIMSELF killed his own MOTHER FUCKING SON!"-Marilyn Manson

haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Lord_Xerxes wrote:Agh, why was this moved? The Terminator series is Sci-Fi, and Jason X is also a Sci-Fi movie (although regular Jason's aren't.)
First off, twin posties. Second, Jason is NOT sci-fi; it's slasher. Third, I have no idea.

~ver
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Mostly because while the T-800 could be determined as Sci-Fi...the Jason X introduces distinct Slasher elements that relate to more of a Fantastical nature...and abide by very few hard Sci-Fi rules.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Some coherent rules on what we do with crossovers of this kind must be established...
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Lord_Xerxes
Jedi Knight

Post by Lord_Xerxes »

Yeah, sorry bout the double post Ver, my Aohell is being laggy.

Meh, I get the slasher thing. I can understand about moving Wolv vs Jason, but the Terminator? Jason X is a Sci-Fi movie... It's in fucking space for christ's sake.

Sektor31
Padawan Learner

Post by Sektor31 »

Jason X wins.

Anyway, I believe the SF forum is for Sci-Fi with physical rules clearly established, like in ST vs SW debates where the multi-teraton SW lasers would fry ST ships like cooked cheese.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Setting does not determine of it's credentials of hard sci-fi vs fantasy...especially for versus contests.

Reason I set it here is we can establish definitive upper and lower means of the Terminator. Of Jason there is relative little hard data gathered or that can be established that wouldn't meet some illogical end.

I may have been hasty but I would need some sort of proof that Jason X is not just a slasher in space and has a some ability to differentiate itself from the other Jason flicks(nanites aside).

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Lord_Xerxes
Jedi Knight

Post by Lord_Xerxes »

Ah. Well, now that that's been clarified, then I get the move. Sorry for the bitching, guys.

Sektor, reaons for why you say X wins? (just curious)

Lord_Xerxes
Jedi Knight

Post by Lord_Xerxes »

Ghost Rider wrote:Setting does not determine of it's credentials of hard sci-fi vs fantasy...especially for versus contests.

Reason I set it here is we can establish definitive upper and lower means of the Terminator. Of Jason there is relative little hard data gathered or that can be established that wouldn't meet some illogical end.

I may have been hasty but I would need some sort of proof that Jason X is not just a slasher in space and has a some ability to differentiate itself from the other Jason flicks(nanites aside).
You'd be hard pressed to find it. That's pretty much what it is. But now that I understand that quantative data is required, I understand the move. I guess you really can't gauge Jason's abilities, or example them other than the BS the movie mentions as "His amazing ability to regenerate lost and damaged tissue".

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

No sweat...just wanted to make sure you didn't think I just moved it because I thought what the hell...I feel evil today.

Lord_Xerxes
Jedi Knight

Post by Lord_Xerxes »

Ghost Rider wrote:No sweat...just wanted to make sure you didn't think I just moved it because I thought what the hell...I feel evil today.
Nah, I figured there was probably a good reason. It's just that one wasn't directly posted, so I was confused, cause I've seen other vs. threads in the Sci-Fi forum with Anime or Comic Character/s vs. Sci-Fi character/s. I just suppose you guys are keeping a lid on posts going where they are supposed to.

Sektor31
Padawan Learner

Post by Sektor31 »

Lord_Xerxes wrote:Ah. Well, now that that's been clarified, then I get the move. Sorry for the bitching, guys.

Sektor, reaons for why you say X wins? (just curious)
X has the nanites, but the T-800 is just a skeleton. Jason would grab one of them futuristic plasma guns and melt the Terminator.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Lord_Xerxes wrote:Yeah, sorry bout the double post Ver, my Aohell is being laggy.
It happens. :P And besides, it's something I say about all double posts in general. ;) As well, I wouldn't be able to say, given I never saw Jason X and it's been so long since I've seen any of the Terminator movies.

~ver
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Equinox2003
Jedi Knight

Post by Equinox2003 »

T-800 wins. Because I like the T movies better
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Wow Equinox, so glad to see such a non fanboy and reasoned out opinion.
Lord_Xerxes
Jedi Knight

Post by Lord_Xerxes »

Equinox2003 wrote:T-800 wins. Because I like the T movies better
:roll: Such a logical reason...
X has the nanites, but the T-800 is just a skeleton. Jason would grab one of them futuristic plasma guns and melt the Terminator.
I suppose that depends on the setting. In any case, couldn't the T-800 being using it against him?

Arthur_Tuxedo
Sith Acolyte

Post by Arthur_Tuxedo »

I don't see how the T-800 could deliver enough firepower to Jason to stop him before he twists said robot's head off.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

"Dating is not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a heart-pounding, stomach-wrenching, gut-churning exercise in pitting your fear of rejection and public humiliation against your desire to find a mate. Enjoy." - Darth Wong