Capturing Buffy the Vampire Slayer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Capturing Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Post by Solauren »

Scenario
It's Season 7, and THE FIRST has decided he doesn't want the Scoobies and potientals (note: Faith is a scooby for this discussion) dead, he wants them captured and turned into Vampires, or as sex-slave gifts for powerful loyal followers. (THE FIRST strikes me as the type to reward loyalty, if only to prove he can). Your background connection to the first is up to you.

You command a group of human and controlled vampire mercanaries. You have the following resources: (and only have access to resources that you'd find in sunnydale. This does NOT include the old initative headquarters)
6 Humans (Males)
4 Humans (Females), one of them in her late teens, and could pass as a potential slayer.
6 Vampire Males, 6 Vampire Females

Each member has
Ranger Body Armor Suits (2 per member)
2 Uzi's or similair weapons
1 9mm Beretta or similair weapon
1 Assault Rifle
Ammo is limited to 3000 rounds each, 1/3 hollow, 1/3 armor piercering 1/3 non-lethal

Each Vampire couple has a motorcycle
The group has 3 Jeeps

Heavy weapons your group has
1 Assault Cannon (ala T-2, I forget it's model number)
1 Grenade Launcher (ala T-2)
1 Gas Grenade Launcher, 50 gas grenades (ala T-2)

All members also have 4 smoke grenades, nightvision goggles, biohazard suits.

Allowed fatalities: Giles, the Principal, Andrew, Xander, Spike. No female casualities allowed except by there own actions
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Simple. Walk into a crowded public facility, preferably Sunnydale High or something and demand Buffy and the Scoobies turn themselves in or I start wasting people. Give her a timetable of a half hour. After that I kill one hostage every five minutes. If any of my people disappear, I waste everyone. And if necessary I start killing people.

Repeat till I run out of hostagable locations or they surrender.

Buffy's too much a goody-goddy to let me kill everyone so I just sit back wait for her to come to me. All I have to do is make sure she knows I'm not bluffing.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Stormbringer wrote:Simple. Walk into a crowded public facility, preferably Sunnydale High or something and demand Buffy and the Scoobies turn themselves in or I start wasting people. Give her a timetable of a half hour. After that I kill one hostage every five minutes. If any of my people disappear, I waste everyone. And if necessary I start killing people.

Repeat till I run out of hostagable locations or they surrender.

Buffy's too much a goody-goddy to let me kill everyone so I just sit back wait for her to come to me. All I have to do is make sure she knows I'm not bluffing.
And having the smoke grenades ready when she surrenders would help too...
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Post by Stormin »

To prove your serious, don't bother with the time limit. if you got a lot of spare hostages, just start wasting them. If you have a smaller number, extend the time with torture.
Be sure to prepare a non-retarded ambush designed for the local conditions because they would probably come charging in without thinking.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Stormin wrote:To prove your serious, don't bother with the time limit. if you got a lot of spare hostages, just start wasting them. If you have a smaller number, extend the time with torture.
Why piss her off more than necessary? If did that she might try something ridiculous that would cost me her capture. Better to adopt tactics that'll stand the best chance of working.
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Post by Stormin »

How about grabbing a bunch of tranq guns from the local animal control center and use them?
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

I was thinking kidnap a bunch of people and lure her into an excavated cave, and when she gets there, flood it with enough concreate to burry the shortest potiental up to there armpits.

If that didn't work, go in firing with the non-lethal rounds (never said they can't be bruised)

However, I love the 'take the high school hostage' idea. However, considering she was working there at the time, it might prove problematic. However, if ya knew... storm the office, blast everyone with non-lethal amo, chain her up nice and good (and I don't mean cheap stuff, I mean as in steel restraints and then inject her with sleeping drugs), and then go storm her house
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

First of all, I'd stake all my vamps. Buffyverse vampires are incredibly idiotic and would likely do more harm than good. The stupidity of Buffy's villains is probably the only thing that's kept her from dying even more often than she did, since it certainly wasn't her superior tactics and dicipline that saw her through. After that, I'd do the basic hostage plan that's been outlined in previous posts.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
namdoolb
Padawan Learner

Post by namdoolb »

Well, I find that fairly simple plans are the best - less to go wrong.

Before I begin I would want to procure the following in addition to what we already have (although much of the equipment you've given is really overkill)

Simple gas masks (or even swimming goggles for the vampires) would be infinitely preferable to full biohazard suits.
As many tranquilizer guns as possible
or failing tranquilizer guns, hypos containing the appropriate tranquilizer will suffice.
pepper spray
tazers and stun guns if available.
A large vehicle with sufficient transport capacity for all subjects. (HGV or removal van should do)
Sturdy rope, handcuffs, chains.

Our potential slayer infiltrates a few days beforehand, armed with a small selection of tranquilisers and drugs in various forms. She'll know down to within half an hour when the planned strike is, and under the simple and open ended instructions to do whatever she can to make our job easier. (oh, and not to panic when the shit does go down.(she will be well compensated for whatever she has to go through in the attack))

When the time comes for the attack, which will be at night; A perimiter is formed by the rest of the humans. Each human carries a tranquiliser gun and their glock, and has their gas mask and night vision goggles.

Gas grenades will be fired and thrown into the house. Tear gas should incapacitate more or less everyone in there. Anyone coming out of the house will be shot with a tranquiliser, then shot with a glock (in a non-lethal location) if they don't go down.

Almost immediatly following the grenades going in, the vampires will go in, wearing swimming goggles (to protect their eyes) with whatever tranquilising/subduing equipment we have available. Most people should be down already because of the tear gas, requiring only to be tranquilised and relocated to the vehicle where they can be chained/cuffed/tied up. Anyone still in a condition to resist will be subdued and tranquilised. (This includes our infiltrator, which is why she will get especialy well paid)
The males can be disposed of on the spot.
Willow, Buffy, and Faith will be turned as soon as it is safe to do so, and our infiltrator will be found and untied at this time (if that hasn't already happened).

And then they'll be driven to wherever the first would like to take delivery of them.

The jeeps (not the motorcycles) will be on standby in case we get any runners. The keys will not be in the ignition... instead I will cut sufficient copies that every human will have the keys to at least one jeep.
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

After carfully tracking the movements of al the targets, go and steal/buy a bunch of powerfull tranqualizes. Also need tear gas too. And a bunch of pepper spray & tasers

For Willow:
While she is outside & alone, hit with her with tear gas 1st (this should prevent any magic relying on verbal skills) and then in quick succession shot her with the tranqualizes.

For containment, physically restain her, and drug her with powerful seditives.

Then kill Giles, Principal, Andrew, Xander by drive by shootings in daylight, or use sniper attacks. These people are valuable support personal(never notice it how Buffy acts), and might be able to be captured, but if they cant be captured with in the same day, settle for killing them all in the same day.

When Spike is outside during the night, get all the vamps and have them attack him. With guns, with hollow point ammo. Or when he is in an inclosed space it it with a grenade.

Cut the phone lines going out of sunnydale.

Then pick off the potentials 1 by 1 (they have to go out of the house at some point during the day).

To capture the potentials, hit them with a few tranqs and and a taser. Then cart each potenitial away, to a different safe house. In there they will be physically restrained and then drugged out of thier minds and kept in complete darkness.

Probable can do this to capture most of the potenitials.

At some point Buffy & Faith have to leave the house. When they do, have the vamps show a heavilly drugged potential to the slayers(while in a jeep with guns + hollowpoints). Draw the slayers into an ambush. This will be the rest of the team, using traq guns & tasers. With guns as backup.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Bah! You are all over thinking things.

Just announce that you have a sale on stylish, yet affordable clothing and attire, and lock the shop when they come in.

Make sure that it is 'escape proof' and flood the room with sleeping gas.

Easy as 1,2,3.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Graeme Dice
Jedi Master

Post by Graeme Dice »

ggs wrote:For Willow:
While she is outside & alone, hit with her with tear gas 1st (this should prevent any magic relying on verbal skills) and then in quick succession shot her with the tranqualizes.
I don't think she's cast more than a couple of spells using words since the beginning of season six.
"I have also a paper afloat, with an electromagnetic theory of light, which, till I am convinced to the contrary, I hold to be great guns."
-- James Clerk Maxwell (1831-1879) Scottish physicist. In a letter to C. H. Cay, 5 January 1865.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Why not just wait until she's going through one of her "my life sucks....blah blah blah" cry fests that she constantly seems to have.

I have super powers and a definate reason for being on the Earth but I'd rather be a dumb-assed teeny bopper that thinks of nothing but boys, clothes and what's hip. Waaaaaaaaaaaa, it sucks to be the slayer.

My life sucks so bad that I've only come back from the dead twice. One of those times I was pulled out of heaven (wouldn't want to get over this too soon now that I know that there really is a heaven.

Couldn't we just capture Faith? She had a shitty life before becoming a slayer so she at least appreciated the gig some.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

*cough* SPOILERS *cough*

Could people please respect the Brits amongst us and put warnings on threads dealing with series that haven't been shown on the BBC yet, please?
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Graeme Dice wrote:
ggs wrote:For Willow:
I don't think she's cast more than a couple of spells using words since the beginning of season six.
Tear gas isnt going to help concentration :wink: , and its just a distraction s you can hit here with a few traq darts from multipule angles.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Step one build giant Hyperbalic chamber as an office building.....

place obvious hostage scoobies must rescue in aformentioned pressurized level 4 sealed complex.

begin raising atmospheres...

watch as buffy and co get tired.

That doesn't work or she tries getting too pysical with the place theirs always into ducing her to nitrogen narcosis...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

innerbrat wrote:*cough* SPOILERS *cough*

Could people please respect the Brits amongst us and put warnings on threads dealing with series that haven't been shown on the BBC yet, please?
Sorry Innerbrat.

Most of my friends in England have seen all of Season 7 including the finale.

(please note, I just mentioned the villan and the usual goal of kill the slayer, so I hope that's no too much of a spoiler, never mentioned the ending)