The Laws of Anime

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

The Laws of Anime

Post by Singular Quartet »

Came across this on another board, figured it might be a good thing...

http://www.bright.net/~nyla/animelaw.html
FOG3
Jedi Knight

Post by FOG3 »

http://www.abcb.com/laws/index.htm Is another site where its hosted.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

This has been posted before a few times, I believe...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Law of Americanthropomorphism

Americans in Anime appear in one of two roles, either as a really nasty skinny 'Bad Guy' or a big stupid 'Good Guy'.
It's quite fascinating that Japanese pop culture often depicts Americans the same way that American pop culture depicted Russians during the Cold War...
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

#19 - Law of Demonic Consistency

Demons and other supernatural creatures have at least three eyes, loads of fangs, tend to be yellow-green or brown, but black is not unknown, and can only be hurt bladed weapons.
First Corollary:

Hentai demons will always posess multiple, indedpendently manipulable appendages to commit tentacle-rape on a large scale; said appendages growing not only in size but number when prey is nearby.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

I personally like this one....
#29 - Law of Melee Luminescence
(from Tom Williams) Any being displaying extremely high levels of martial arts prowess and/or violent emotions emits light in the form of a glowing aura. This aura is usually blue for 'good guys' and red for 'bad guys'. This is attributed to Good being higher in the electromagnetic spectrum than Evil.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

My personal favorite, however is this:
Law of Inverse Accuracy

The accuracy of a 'Good Guy' when operating any form of fire-arm increases as the difficulty of the shot increases. The accuracy of the 'Bad Guys' when operating fire-arms decreases when the difficulty of the shot decreases. (Also known as the Stormtrooper Effect)
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Hehehe, I liked that and the Ranma 1/2 drinking game.

Isn't there a drinking game for Star Wars? I think I heard one of my siblings talking about a Star Wars drinking game once.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

I don't get this one:
#43 - Law of Triscaquadrodecophobia
There is no Law #43.
There is another law unmentioned, the Law of Love and Peace:

When bragging about Love and Peace the user has teratons of energy, high-G action and enemy moronity.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Patrick Degan wrote:
#19 - Law of Demonic Consistency

Demons and other supernatural creatures have at least three eyes, loads of fangs, tend to be yellow-green or brown, but black is not unknown, and can only be hurt bladed weapons.
First Corollary:

Hentai demons will always posess multiple, indedpendently manipulable appendages to commit tentacle-rape on a large scale; said appendages growing not only in size but number when prey is nearby.
Also known as the "Chojin Rule"....
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

posted MANY times incluuded by me. So quotes copied and added to the stickie.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin