Highlander Question

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Highlander Question

Post by Darth Fanboy »

What would happen if a highlander beheaded himself?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Re: Highlander Question

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Darth Fanboy wrote:What would happen if a highlander beheaded himself?
Bah, What I meant to say was, what if THE highlander beheaded himself. What would happen to all that power?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Massive power surges all over the place, lots and lots of busted windows, and no more people on the planet who can breathe underwater.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

One did behead himself. It was a 'tard Immortal who committed suicide by placing his head onto some train tracks in the path of a ....train!

Lots of lighning, not much else.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

The question is what would happen if the LAST immortal did that.

*Fuck this Prize*

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Once there's one, he becomes mortal. So, nothing would really happen.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

wait, they spend 4000 yrs slaughtering each other, and the last one gets to die?

what kind of reward is that?
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Enforcer Talen wrote:wait, they spend 4000 yrs slaughtering each other, and the last one gets to die?

what kind of reward is that?
After centuries of living, watching their loved ones grow old and die, watching humanity discover new technology, only to find ways to use it as weapons against each other? I'd be tired. I'd be bored. Death would be new, different... a chance to stop all the fighting and just rest, without waking up to do it all over again.

To someone that lives forever, final death is a release.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

LadyTevar wrote:
To someone that lives forever, final death is a release.
Not to go off topic, but I recall reading somewhere in the Warhammer 40K rulebook: "Life is a prison, death is a release."

Of course, this refers to the hopelessness of life in the setting of WH40K - but it can just as well be applied to eternal life...
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"