Cuendillar vs. Star Wars

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Eframepilot
Jedi Master

Cuendillar vs. Star Wars

Post by Eframepilot »

In the spirit of the One Ring vs. Plasma Torch debate, would anything in the Star Wars universe be able to damage or destroy heartstone from WOT? Say the Emperor has ahold of the seals of the Dark One's prison and wants to release Shaitan. Can he do it? From my admittedly scanty knowledge of WOT, cuendillar is unbreakable by any force and indeed becomes stronger as force is applied to it. The upper limit of its tolerance is implied (unlike the One Ring) to be infinite; only the Dark One can weaken it over a period of millenia, and the Dark One has access to unimaginable reality warping abilities.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

a blackhole or deathstar beam would do *something* to it.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Well, since it seems to get stronger the more force is applied to it, a mega-death star blast might, if nothing else, make it so strong it can't exist anymore and annilates itself since it requires more energy than is possible to exist.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Unknown since Jordan has basically gone only the prophecies can break it...whatever that really means.

Essentially this is asking whether or not could the Tooth Fairy be killed by the Death Star.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
dworkin
Jedi Master

Post by dworkin »

IMEO anyone sent by the Emperor would suicide after meeting the native characters. A few days of the whining, bitching, moaning, petulance, complaining, angst and rhapsodising how they're god's gift to the world would crack even the most disciplined and dedicated of souls.

Eventually, what's happening will filter back to the Emperor who will superlaser the entire pustulant planet into dust bunnies. Amongst the scraps will be a few indestructable odds and ends which would then be scooped up in a tractor beam and deposited into the nearest stellar object.

So, no. But there's a happy ending nevertheless.
Don't abandon democracy folks, or an alien star-god may replace your ruler. - NecronLord