Daredevil

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

Iirc didn't Wonder Woman killed a bunch of Amazons during one of their civil wars?

Wolervine has killed a plenty of people mostly grunt ninjas, soldiers, hired goons, and every other large group of cannon fodder he comes across. Larger the group, the more people he kills.

Didn't Batman already had a Year One book done about ten ago?
Seele
Padawan Learner

Post by Seele »

No, by his logic, someone who has the on-screen prescense of Peter Parker should have been cast as Spider-Man. Someone who is geeky, something of a loser, but with the potential for coolness.

Brando doesn't have the screen prescense for Kingpin. He's a grossly overweight old man. Maybe he could have done it thirty or fourty years ago, but not now.
Thank you, that was the point I was trying to get across. I really thought Michael Clark Duncan played the part of the Kingpin very well and rather close to the comics, if one get's past the video game'ish "final boss fight" at the end of the movie.
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

I, too, am on the dislike side. The fight scenes sucked mostly, either do dark, or handled in a rpg style(DD doing apparently nothing so Bullseye and set up an attack, the stained glass scene). We never really get to see Kingpin be evil, he just frams Nachos, and puts a hit on him and Elektra, and help carry out a hit on DD's father. Bullseye was more obnoxious then evil. They casted Kingpin utterly horribly, Fisk isn't suppose to look like this huge mucle bound business man, he's suppose to be a big fat criminal tycoon, then when confronted by the hero, he reveals that he is accualy 4% body fat and can trade blows with Spiderman(I always thought that was a cool scene, ofcourse I'm basing this off the Fox cartoon so the comic Kingpin could have been different, but I don't think so). Someone like Wil Sasso when he was fatter(not will sasso, he would have been a horrible Kingpin, but someone with his build) would have been a good Kingpin in my eyes. The acting wasn't too good and there were a lot of scene where I was just waiting for the final battle to start so I could get the hell out of here.

I really did like how they did his shadow world, and how they showed how some of his other sense contributed to it(at the party mostly, with the smoking people). I also liked that they made a point to show that he wasn't super tough, and that he could be wounded too. But I didn't like his super catholic healing powers right before the final fight with Bullseye.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

I liked the film but didn't think it was very well done. I couldn't see why Kingpin was the bad guy through the movie. Bullseyes scenes were ridiculous in the beginning but not bad later. I disliked the CTHD style roof jumping of Elektra but the fighting scenes were good. The explanations of DD's and Elektra's fighting was a bit weak. The radar sense scenes of Elektra were good. The whole movie had the feeling of an urban wuxia film added my interest but like I said, it should've been done better.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

I've noticed something. The fans of the comic seem to be obsessed over the differences, even minor and neccessary ones (I don't care what you like, Bullseye's comic costume looks like crap and audiences would have laughed him out of the theater.). On the other hand, others enjoyed the action, energy, and play-off between Electra, Bullseye, and DD.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!