FLCL on Adult Swim

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

FLCL on Adult Swim

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Sweeeeet.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Yeah. I still can't make heads or tails of it. From what I can tell the guitar biker chick is an agent of some sort and the kid is the Chosen One who can make robots grow out of his head. And the chick with the earlobe fetish is just out of fuckin' left field.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Dalton wrote:Yeah. I still can't make heads or tails of it. From what I can tell the guitar biker chick is an agent of some sort and the kid is the Chosen One who can make robots grow out of his head. And the chick with the earlobe fetish is just out of fuckin' left field.
She's and alien, and who cares if its all silly. Its entertainment!
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Mutant Headcrab
Jedi Knight

Post by Mutant Headcrab »

Watched the last episode last night and can say only one thing. What the Fuck? Don't get me wrong, I do like it, but it was completely off the wall! It was sort of funny in an incredibly bizzare kind of way, but that was probably the whole point.
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Alien biker woman's hot. I'd hit that shit twice.
「かかっ―」
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Since FLCL (as I understand it) has little to do with mecha, I am considering moving this to FAN...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

XaLEv wrote:Alien biker woman's hot. I'd hit that shit twice.
You can have her, any woman who cleans out her ears with her big toe is beyond my libido.

Spanky 'tis probably a good idea to move this to FAN, though I though hat the Mech maniax forum was also the default Anime forum here.

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

TOPIC MOVED

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

Can we please get all of the FLCL topics merged?
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Post by Admiral Johnason »

I'm still trying not to beat my head against a wall in an attempt to figure it out. Hey, i don't do drugs, so that the best I can do.
Liberals for Nixon in 3000: Nixon... with carisma and a shiny robot body.

never negoiate out of fear, but never fear to negoiate.

Captian America- Justice League

HAB submarine commander-
"We'll break you of your fear of water."
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Well, it's supposed to be weird, Johansen.

If that helps any...

Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Admiral Johnason wrote:I'm still trying not to beat my head against a wall in an attempt to figure it out. Hey, i don't do drugs, so that the best I can do.
It never asks you to figure it out. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Don't think about it too much, and maybe you'll get it when it's over.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

XaLEv wrote:Alien biker woman's hot. I'd hit that shit twice.
She isn't that hot. She looks like Edward from Cowboy Bebop only 6 years old and on crack.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Gil Hamilton wrote: She isn't that hot. She looks like Edward from Cowboy Bebop only 6 years old and on crack.
What makes you think I was talking solely about appearance?
「かかっ―」
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Post by Admiral Johnason »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Well, it's supposed to be weird, Johansen.

If that helps any...
WTF is wrong this the Japanese! Ohh wait, this was their response to reality TV. At least this isn't stupid, just weird.
Liberals for Nixon in 3000: Nixon... with carisma and a shiny robot body.

never negoiate out of fear, but never fear to negoiate.

Captian America- Justice League

HAB submarine commander-
"We'll break you of your fear of water."
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

No, this kind of shotgun blast to the brain skullfuckery predated reality TV (see Eva and Lain).

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

WTF is wrong with Gainax would be more accurate. Fucking nutters, the lot of them.
「かかっ―」
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Admiral Johnason wrote:

If that helps any...
WTF is wrong this the Japanese! Ohh wait, this was their response to reality TV. At least this isn't stupid, just weird.
Well Im glad you've taken the time to let people know how you feel about this sort of program. now fuck off and quit trying to antagonize people, when you go into a topic like this with an intent to make antagonizing comments about Anime then you are asking for a flame or two.

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Admiral Johnason wrote:

If that helps any...
I do hope I don't need to deal with a thread hijack.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

I didn't care for this series, to put it lightly.

I'm starting to like Gonzo's work anyway. Last decent thing I've seen from Gainax was Ebichu.
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Admiral Johnason wrote:

If that helps any...
I'm going to see it that you get prescribed arsenic as behavioural medication. I swear it.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I saw her and I thought, by god Edward's got a new job...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Connor MacLeod wrote:
Admiral Johnason wrote:

If that helps any...
I'm going to see it that you get prescribed arsenic as behavioural medication. I swear it.
Did you honestly expect much else from AJ? ;)

Sheesh, either he's humping your leg or he's pissing on the carpet... :roll:

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:I saw her and I thought, by god Edward's got a new job...
Is it the same voice actor? ever since her first few lines i've been suspicious.

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Sounds like it...

Also looks simular to the set ip in mushroom stanza when ed had a motobike.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin