X-Men (original Fox cartoon) Vs. X-men Evolution(Kids WB)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Dennis Toy
BANNED

X-Men (original Fox cartoon) Vs. X-men Evolution(Kids WB)

Post by Dennis Toy »

who would win the cast of X-men from Fox cartoon or Cast from X-Men Evolution?
You wanna set an example Garak....Use him, Let him Die!!
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Re: X-Men (original Fox cartoon) Vs. X-men Evolution(Kids WB

Post by fgalkin »

Dennis Toy wrote:who would win the cast of X-men from Fox cartoon or Cast from X-Men Evolution?
The original X men would massacre the wussified WB X-men.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Uts and I used to watch the Fox cartoon back during it's original broadcast. I really liked it, but I hated that every so often they'd just switch storylines and I'd always end up having no idea what the hell was going on (I never did (and still don't) keep track of the comics story arcs).

I've never seen the WB cartoon, though. None of the recent WB series have succeeded in catching my interest.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Seconded.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Bug-Eyed Earl
Jedi Master

Post by Bug-Eyed Earl »

The X-Men from Evolution have a numbers advantage,but I don't think that will tip the scales in their favor.
BotM Cybertronian
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Evo gets squished in very fun ways.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

I would say the X-men win :P J/K the original x-men would win
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

I always liked the old xmen - tho the sentinals were silly.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Enforcer Talen wrote:I always liked the old xmen - tho the sentinals were silly.
As a kid they scared the shit out of me. Their cold endless eyes and their grim face...oy. :lol:~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Clone Sergeant
Padawan Learner

Post by Clone Sergeant »

The Fox cartoon Cyclops alone would completely own the Evolution tykes.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Rogue alone would mop up the Evo gang...let alone that entire team vs team.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

Gee let me think about that for a few minutes(10 seconds later)
The Fox X-men would massacre the Evo's :roll:
Brotherhood of the Monkey: Rabid Sith Monkey from hell.
Mad scribbler of the Writer's Guild Headquarters
Grand Inquisitor of ASVS (ret) ASVS Vets Assc.

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Evolution is probably the best of the series so far.

And theoretically, at least, Evo Rogue is a little more powerful than her classic self, even without the strength and flight.

Evo also has the advantage of a Jean Grey who is actually pretty useful 24-7, not just in the Phoenix series'.

But the classic team has a lot more experience than most of the Evo team, but Evo Magneto would possibly wipe the floor with his Fox counterpart.

But Evo has X23, so they win. :mrgreen:
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Fox X-Men's version of Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister romp the entire cast of Evo, including Magneto.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Perhaps you should hold off on that one.

At least until we get to see what Evo's Apocalypse can do.

But you do have a point. Fox's Bluelips seems to be stronger than his canon self.

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

SAMAS wrote:
But you do have a point. Fox's Bluelips seems to be stronger than his canon self.
Confronted by all the X-Men together? Grew to ten stories and wiped them all out. Ship turned on him, he blew the crap out of it. In the end it took all the Marvel U's psionics combined to beat him, and he still survived.

And I thought Evolution got canned?
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Nah, they just took a while. Last saturday was the first of the new episodes.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

I actually *hated* the Evolution series at first, I mean the whole 'high-school' scene, I mean yeah sure! Whatever! :wink:

But it's actually grown on me. In terms of vs, well the Fox X-Men easily, except the Evo's Sentinels would wipe the floor with Fox's Sentinels, I mean wow, that's what a Sentinel should have looked like.

I also like the fact that we see Magneto's children, Wanda is a hottie patotie :mrgreen:

And En Sabah Nur (Apocalypse for all those not keeping up), while only seen for a few seconds in the last episode, wow! I never read the comics, so I wasn't a big fan when in the Fox series it all became extra-galactic stuff, and god like powers, it just pissed me off too much so I like the fact that they took a 'power down' in the Evo series.

Also the animation its self is, in my mind, better once you dump your memories of the old one. I especially like how TK isn't some blue line coming out of the head to the target (very annoying).

And Nightcrawler, for someone who had never read the comics like me, all I can say is why wasn't he in the Fox version (besides that one (?) episode)?

So yeah, there's my two cents.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Sam Or I
Jedi Council Member

Post by Sam Or I »

No Gambit in the EVO series, wtf?
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Sam Or I wrote:No Gambit in the EVO series, wtf?
He's there, but he's teamed with Magneto.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Crown wrote:
And En Sabah Nur (Apocalypse for all those not keeping up), while only seen for a few seconds in the last episode, wow! I never read the comics, so I wasn't a big fan when in the Fox series it all became extra-galactic stuff, and god like powers, it just pissed me off too much so I like the fact that they took a 'power down' in the Evo series.
This is something I'm finding very interesting with the WB Evolution. They've found a very interesting way to slowly introduce Apocalypse into the show. IIRC Apocalypse was the very first mutant or did they change that in the comics? He seems to have access to technology equivalent to Dr. Doom, as per the Four Horseman story arc. He's able to change his mass, growing larger at will. There also seems to be a rivalry with Mr Sinister. That's about all I know of Apocalypse.

Could someone fill in Apocalypse's background?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

LadyTevar wrote:

This is something I'm finding very interesting with the WB Evolution. They've found a very interesting way to slowly introduce Apocalypse into the show. IIRC Apocalypse was the very first mutant or did they change that in the comics? He seems to have access to technology equivalent to Dr. Doom, as per the Four Horseman story arc. He's able to change his mass, growing larger at will. There also seems to be a rivalry with Mr Sinister. That's about all I know of Apocalypse.

Could someone fill in Apocalypse's background?
Apocalypse had technology well beyond that of Dr. Doom. He aquired a ship built by Celestials, which is pretty much as high-tech as you can get in the Marvel U. He was indeed the first mutant, but he didn't have all the powers he had before his death. He used the power of Celestial tech to augment his own powers (and jumpstart his secondary mutations I guess), which is why he can do all the shape-shifting/mass increasing stuff now.

And about Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse created him. Sinister used to be a normal human researching mutants in the 1800's, and Apocalypse transformed him into an immortal to continue his research for Apocalypse. Sinister rebelled and infected Apocalypse with some virus, wanting to be his own master.

Apocalypse also "created" Exodus in the middle ages and fought the first Black Knight, if you want to know.
-Agent Kay
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Wow.... having watched the first two parts to Dark Horizons, I must confess that the show is getting quite close to the Fox X-Men series.

That, and.... Rogue kicks more ass in this one than the last even without permanent Ms. Marvel powers. :shock:
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Steve wrote:Wow.... having watched the first two parts to Dark Horizons, I must confess that the show is getting quite close to the Fox X-Men series.

That, and.... Rogue kicks more ass in this one than the last even without permanent Ms. Marvel powers. :shock:
Didn't I tell you? :mrgreen: