Sadism: The Most Appropriate Punishment for Gor

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Sadism: The Most Appropriate Punishment for Gor

Post by SirNitram »

For those who have the blessed ignorance of Gor, it's basically a sexist wank. Gor-ians are 'strong, mighty, because they do not let themselves be ruled by women!'. There are, of course, the Priest-Kings and their orbital lasers, but I'm sure the creative members of our board can figure some way to get around that. Basically, think up the cruelest, most appropriate punishment for this world.

My entries:

#1: Lady Polaris of the Netherese. Stunningly beautiful, insanely powerful. A few mountain-projectiles, Pulses, and indiscriminate opening of portals to Hell.

#2: A Nova from Aberrant. There is alot of wanking about how strong and mighty Gorians are because they don't submit, but a female Nova is a God Incarnate. Those familiar with Aberrant are free to list powers they'd like to see used.

#3: LT. HIT-MAN. Those of you who have never seen the Cluthoid insanity of ASVS won't understand, but the good ole LT is all the punishment you'll ever need to throw at a bad person.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
SHODAN
Padawan Learner

Post by SHODAN »

Me. Give gorians to me and I'll turn them into something productive.
In my talons, I shape clay, crafting life forms as I please. If I wish, I can smash it all. Around me is a burgeoning empire of steel. From my throne room, lines of power careen into the skies of Earth. My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity. Out of chaos, they will run and whimper, praying for me to end their tedious anarchy. I am drunk with this vision. God: the title suits me well.
Shadowhawk
Jedi Knight

Post by Shadowhawk »

Oh, that's simple. The Lady of Pain from Planescape: Torment.

Those Gor-ians will get a very long taste of their own medicine in no time.
Shadowhawk
Eric from ASVS
"Sufficiently advanced technology is often indistinguishable from magic." -- Clarke's Third Law
"Then, from sea to shining sea, the God-King sang the praises of teflon, and with his face to the sunshine, he churned lots of butter." -- Body of a pharmacy spam email

Here's my avatar, full-sized (Yoshitoshi ABe's autograph in my Lain: Omnipresence artbook)
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

My friend Steve's wife "Francine" hmm, multipal black belts, mastery of Di-Mak style pressurepoint arts, skilled in taditional CHinese medicine and in western medicine, skilled in sports medicine, very skilled in all kinds of poisons and herbs. not above making it so that men can't get their little gorian to stand up....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Have as many male Goreans as possible trapped in the torture chambers of the SSD Lusankya. Wait how shocked they'll be when they find out it's all run by Ysanne Isard.... :twisted:
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

I've had the "pleasure" of having an encounter with one of the Gor novels. Basically, I wanted to see whether it is really what it is made out to be. In a word: YES! :x

I've downloaded a Russian translation of "Prisoner of Gor" (that's the one that is written from the perspective of an Earth woman abducted to Gor). Not surprisingly, she had learnt her place by the thrid chapter, and began to enjoy her role as a slave (and I mean truly enjoy) :shock: . I've deleted the file after that.

The only thing that I can say is that I pity the translator. To think that someone had to read the book over and over and over again makes me sad. The translator also tried to make the book readable by working on the prose, but, unfortunately, it was unsalvageable.

So, my punishment for John Norman(or whatever the author is) is to have him tied up and locked in a room with the translator(s) with baseball bats. :twisted:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

fgalkin wrote:So, my punishment for John Norman(or whatever the author is) is to have him tied up and locked in a room with the translator(s) with baseball bats. :twisted:
What about putting him on fire?

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:
fgalkin wrote:So, my punishment for John Norman(or whatever the author is) is to have him tied up and locked in a room with the translator(s) with baseball bats. :twisted:
What about putting him on fire?
That would work, too.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

My mom....

great Hippie, expert in botanical poisons, expert in genetic engineering. expert in unarmed combat, one of the deadlyest shots I know....

She would just start her little secret society/cult, and it would be over....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

the Mord'Sith
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

A Horde of Dolem.. every one I've seen so far is at least vaguely female.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:Have as many male Goreans as possible trapped in the torture chambers of the SSD Lusankya. Wait how shocked they'll be when they find out it's all run by Ysanne Isard.... :twisted:
That would completely redeem my estimation of Ysanne Isard.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Also, what about unleashing a Dark Eldar wych-cult from Warhammer 40k upon unsuspecting Gor?? Most of the Wych Cult leaders (succubi, dracites and archites) are female.... and practicaly every Dark Eldar - especially the wych cults - are sadomasochists.

What a poetic justice....

:twisted:

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Just send Shkai'ra against them and her forces from Snowbrother. It's not like the Goreans have anything that could really stop their entire society from being destroyed, given enough time... And the Priest-Kings wouldn't stop her, considering she's at the same tech-level the Goreans are.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

Bind them all as Warders to Aes Sedai.
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Alex Moon wrote:Bind them all as Warders to Aes Sedai.
Bah. Nothing could be worse, nor more fitting, than a Kommanz invasion of Gor.

Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
Simon H.Johansen wrote:Have as many male Goreans as possible trapped in the torture chambers of the SSD Lusankya. Wait how shocked they'll be when they find out it's all run by Ysanne Isard.... :twisted:
That would completely redeem my estimation of Ysanne Isard.
Too bad Isard's dead - anyway, there's always those Kommanz of yours, whatever they are.

Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

BTW, what's your current estimation of Isard for that matter?

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Simon H.Johansen wrote:
Too bad Isard's dead - anyway, there's always those Kommanz of yours, whatever they are.
They're from a post-apocalyptic society on the American continent. Live a bit like Mongols in terms of how their survive. Socially, however, they're organized in a way that even Nietzsche would think excessive. They rape their own children whenever they feel like, for example, and have a society built totally on sheer power and brutality on every level. They are completely without remorse, every single one of them, male or female, basically raised as a neurotic sociopath. They are not, however, sexist persay.

They do have some social cohesiveness--built around the need to raid for plunder and slaves--and women of exceptional talent can rise to positions of comparative power in their society, simply because, well, if you get that far, you earned it. Shkai'ra is a Kommanz warlord (lady?) who led raids against a comparatively peaceful agrarian people on the far edge of the steppe, sacking and burning cities and committing various atrocities worthy of "The Scourge of God" against the populaces, and who would rape pretty much anything she could pin down when she felt like it, male or female.

The Kommanz make the Goreans look like a bunch of cheap pikers, and a much more convincing villain--who in the Fifth Millenium series actually are the villains, for that matter, instead of the heroes. Unsurprising, Snowbrother also happens to be the first novel that S.M. Stirling wrote, if you notice any Draka parallels there.

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Simon H.Johansen wrote:BTW, what's your current estimation of Isard for that matter?
She couldn't have been anything more than a scheming bureaucratic, really, skilled at inter-office backstabbing. She was totally out of her depth actually trying to command a military force, or, for that matter, an intelligence operation, though she might have been efficient at organizing Intelligence in terms of its bureaucracy. That's how I see her.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ahh.. the fun things that come out of casual conversation....

I say let a few packs of BlackFury werewolves loose on Gor.
Nothing like a militant gang of Feminazis with permanent PMS and the ability to grow into a 9ft+ raging monster that can't be killed by anything but Silver or Fire.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Is this the actaul veiw presented in the books?

http://www.counter-urth.com/CF/gor_basics.html

Sounds like a retarded version of Barsoom (Edgar Rice Burroghs). Which is definatly a good cause for destruction.

A) A Barsoom Green Men horde. Not only are they actaully morally better (Consider that these are supposed to be very cruel beings), they will slaughter the Gorains easly.

B) A Sister of Battle Army. :twisted:

C) The Realm from Exalted (With Empress)

D) The Keldains from the magic the gathering novels....Once again a cruel race with better treatment of thier slaves, expacly the women.

E) Shodan as already mentioned.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

I QUOTE:
GOREAN FANATIC wrote:John Norman created the world of Gor in the late 1960's and early 1970's in a series of 25 books. These books were written on a level for adults to be able to understand the phylosophy he was trying to convey. Many people became infatuated with the phylosophy and began to develope and insert many of the Gorean ways and beliefs into their daily lives.

Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

Setting Nuku-Nuku loose on them, somehow, seems appropriate. Or perhaps a loose alliance of Iczer-One, Tendou Akane and Sailor Uranus/Ten'ou Haruka.
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Iceberg wrote:Setting Nuku-Nuku loose on them, somehow, seems appropriate. Or perhaps a loose alliance of Iczer-One, Tendou Akane and Sailor Uranus/Ten'ou Haruka.
Akane Tendo would be awesome!

Gorian: I take you as slave.

*Akane picks up the "Not restricted on a man's abilities and strengths" male and throws him very, very, far.*
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"