Sadism: The Most Appropriate Punishment for Gor

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

Not quite as satisfying as a flying WW2-style battleship systematically pounding a Gorean city to rubble with its guns. ;)
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Iceberg wrote:Not quite as satisfying as a flying WW2-style battleship systematically pounding a Gorean city to rubble with its guns. ;)
Too indiscriminate.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Steve wrote:Yeah, but my version can include possibilities like Marina putting an arrow into Tarl Calbot's heart.... or perhaps a short sword. :twisted:
Funny that you mentioned Tarl - one thing has made me wonder.

In Chronicles of Gor, our "hero" is called Tarl.
In Battlefield Earth, the "villain" is called Terl.

also, John Norman, author of the Gor series, was a psychologist. And we all know that L. Ron Hubbard, author of Battlefield Earth, hated psychologists....

Hmmm... am I seeing a pattern? :wink:
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

Quite possibly...

I like the idea of the battleship because I'd like to imagine the look of sickened awe on the Goreans' faces when they return fire, only to watch their Roman-era siege weaponry glance harmlessly off the ship's sides. "Sweepers, man your brooms!"
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Simon H.Johansen wrote: Funny that you mentioned Tarl - one thing has made me wonder.

In Chronicles of Gor, our "hero" is called Tarl.
In Battlefield Earth, the "villain" is called Terl.

also, John Norman, author of the Gor series, was a psychologist. And we all know that L. Ron Hubbard, author of Battlefield Earth, hated psychologists....

Hmmm... am I seeing a pattern? :wink:
In fact, can we go out on a limb here and extropolate the "psyclos" as standing for "psychologists" instead of "psychos"?
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Steve wrote: Or Tevar, with Magic Bard powers, nuking an entire city by singing Ultima or Flare.
*DIES*
What's really funny is that 'Tevar' is the name of my character in the game Nitram and I met through online.. and she *is* a Bard, and can cast magic! :lol: :lol:
She's also Red Irish, with the temper to match :twisted:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

figured that with a name like "Tevar Firehair"

Dranlin Quickfire and his Signifigant other would just cause unholy terror.

Then again, what else can you say about two shapeshifting, non metallic, non-coloured dragons that like to walk around in human form most of the time.

Ok, they would be eating Tarns for breakfast....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote: In fact, can we go out on a limb here and extropolate the "psyclos" as standing for "psychologists" instead of "psychos"?
Also, there's a Psychlo religious could called the Katrists.... Katrists.... Psychiatrists??

Damn, Hubbard's at least as fucked-up as Norman.

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:figured that with a name like "Tevar Firehair"
Teamhair Iomhair (Gaelic: Te-a-var N-Geye-var)
She's never been a "Firehair" :)
Dranlin Quickfire and his Signifigant other would just cause unholy terror.

Then again, what else can you say about two shapeshifting, non metallic, non-coloured dragons that like to walk around in human form most of the time.

Ok, they would be eating Tarns for breakfast....
heheheeheh... Ask Sir Nitram about Aereon and Tormantintalith.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Screw the dragons... If we're using our own characters, Nitram Tahalshia can handle it...

Master of shapechanging, can induce insanity with a glance, tosses fireballs left and right, has complete control over shadows...
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Or perhaps Lu Tze of Pratchett's Thief of Time would like to have a crack at it. In a day the entire male population would have felt the pain of having to deal with objects thrown at them at several times the speed of sound.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

LadyTevar wrote:
Steve wrote: Or Tevar, with Magic Bard powers, nuking an entire city by singing Ultima or Flare.
*DIES*
What's really funny is that 'Tevar' is the name of my character in the game Nitram and I met through online.. and she *is* a Bard, and can cast magic! :lol: :lol:
She's also Red Irish, with the temper to match :twisted:
No wonder Nitram said Bard.

I actually came up with a better idea today, though.

And some sweet revenge, considering someone has to kill that great "protagonist" of the books.... :twisted:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Post by Stormin »

Why the hell did I forget Alpha Centauri? Some mind control probes and nerve staples and no more problem. Maybe even start a mass production of punishment spheres :twisted:
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

As I speak, Marina, myself, and a couple other dedicated individuals are planning our battle strategy to destroy Gor.

Gorea delenda est!
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
The Yosemite Bear

SirNitram wrote:Screw the dragons... If we're using our own characters, Nitram Tahalshia can handle it...

Master of shapechanging, can induce insanity with a glance, tosses fireballs left and right, has complete control over shadows...
You haven't seen Quickfire and Seloriana screwing yet, it usually involves a two mile freefall, and breaking off only a few hundred feet from the ground...

Of couse Seloriana is the larger of the two (By about a third), and they are equal partners....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Prisoner KSC2-303 would also probably have a fun time.

"I hate guys who disrespect women." *BLAM*

Though that is kind of ironic considering his usual solution to stopping the damsel in distress from spending the entire upcoming fight protesting his behavior is to knock her unconcious...
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Oh and looking at the Barsoon vs. Gore thread made the idea of sending Dolores (Zone of the Enders: Dolores, i) pop into my head.
Rathark
Padawan Learner

Post by Rathark »

Get Betty to sit on them.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Rathark wrote:Get Betty to sit on them.
Betty who?? :? :? :?

The Yosemite Bear

I have no idea,,,

still say it's a planet ripe for Bene Gesserit conquest..

They would never know what hit them.

Of course since it's a counter Earth, It can be invaded by H. Rider Haggard's SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED

Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

I have a better idea!

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:I have a better idea!

http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/a/a ... _woman.jpg
That would be a fitting punishment for GOR. In many, many, many respects.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
The Yosemite Bear

How about a 1 on 1 duel between Talbot and Sonja, using their AD&D stats?

lance
Jedi Master

Post by lance »

How about we sick FGA(a gay tentacle monster) on that main character person
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:How about a 1 on 1 duel between Talbot and Sonja, using their AD&D stats?
Isn't he called Cabot??