1st Level Wizard vs Hogwards Student

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

How about a Mage from Mage the AScension :D
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Actually, Mage: the Ascension characters are pretty pathetic compared to - either DnD or Hogwarts students, and would perform much worse in a party.

Power: Mage: the Ascension theoretically wins, but in practice there are far too many limitations on it. Real winner: DnD wizard.

Flexibility: Mage: the Ascension theoretically wins, but in practice there are far too many limitations on it. real Winner: Hogwarts.

Mages suck, by and large. They are very good if they can do anything, but they simply have no staying power in a fight, and their abilities are much to small and too limited except at *very* advanced levels. They are extrordinary ily cheap, and sometimes extremely effective, but far too limited.

Interestingly, while at level 1 a Hogwarts student might be better, the difference isn't really all that great. Later on, I'd probably take the DnD Wizard. He wins in sheer power (I'd like to see the Death Eaters take Disintegrate spells, Finger of Death, Power Word: Kill, Wierd, Delayed Blast Fireball, Flame Arrow, Chain Lightening, Summon Balor/ Couatl/Nalfashee/Archon, Wail of the Basnhee, Black Tentacles, Incendiaery Cloud, Teleport [Apparate THIS!], etc.)
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!