TNG vs. 8BT

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

TNG vs. 8BT

Post by Drooling Iguana »

The senior staff of the Enterprise-D has beamed down onto the planet on which the webcomic 8-Bit Theater takes place, encountering the Light Warriors as they are in episode 301. Naturally, they fight (wouldn't be much of a vs. thread otherwise.) Due to the presence of quantum meta-gravitic tricaesium particles in the planet's crust, the Enterprise's transporters aren't able to get a lock on the away team, nor can it fire phasers on the planet or otherwise influence the battle in any way. The TNG crew carries their usual away mission equipment. Who wins?
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Mutant Headcrab
Jedi Knight

Post by Mutant Headcrab »

As soon as the landing party beams down, a mighty voice echoes through the forest.

Hadoken!

Black Mage had intended to finally blast fighter into eternity. Fighter however, ducked to pick up something shiny ("It looked like a sword!") and the blast missed. The massive blast of pure destructive magic hits and obliterates the landing party. Red Mage notices that they suddenly received an increase in Exp. and Thief lays claim to a strange "ray o' doom" emitting object that was blown into their general direction.

The Enterprise itself is destroyed when the Elf Kingdom launches a tactical Smart Ogre at it.
Mutant Headcrab
Jedi Knight

Post by Mutant Headcrab »

Shouldn't this be in the Anime, Magic forum? I don't think that 8-Bit Theatre counts as a tech based Sci-Fi, unless you count making it as the tech part.
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

The ST might be, but then that's might as well be magic, I say it gets moved.
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Fuck the hadoken, BM gives them a taste of his shiny new EYE BEAMS!!!!!
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Mutant Headcrab wrote:Shouldn't this be in the Anime, Magic forum? I don't think that 8-Bit Theatre counts as a tech based Sci-Fi, unless you count making it as the tech part.
Yeah, you're probably right. I didn't think of that when I made the topic. Hopefully a mod'll notice this soon and move it.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I say 8 Bit until theBlack Mage gets distracted by more bobbies...but eh by then he'll destroyed everything else on the Enterprise

Moved
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

I have to go with the landing party, unfortunately. You forget that White Mage is stalking Black Mage.
Alright, so that's not the best way to put it. Regardless, the White Mage's Oath means she's obligated to help the suffering. She'll heal the landing party and then bash Black Mage's head in.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

anarchistbunny wrote:Fuck the hadoken, BM gives them a taste of his shiny new EYE BEAMS!!!!!
Hehehe, note new sig. :D

Yeah, I'd say the first scenario works perfectly, after all. White Mage can't bring back what no longer exists.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator