Hulk was an Avenger?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Hulk was an Avenger?

Post by Superman »

I read an article that made reference to Hulk as once being an Avenger. When was this? Did they kick him off the team? Did he ever duke it out with Thor?
Dizzy D
Youngling

Post by Dizzy D »

He was one of the founding members, but left after some time. He later was officialy kicked off the team (this was during the time of Savage Hulk) and Captain America gained founder-status in his place.

Hulk and Thor have duked it out at several times.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

He was founding member as well as part of their first mission.

He quit after issue #2...and Cap took the founding position.

And yeah him and Thor have clashed a few times.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Superman

Post by Superman »

Did you notice that the author of that page lied and said Hulk kicked Superman's ass? Isn't that libel? :wink:
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Re: Hulk was an Avenger?

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Superman wrote:I read an article that made reference to Hulk as once being an Avenger. When was this? Did they kick him off the team? Did he ever duke it out with Thor?
What is this doing in OSF? Silly comic book man, this belongs in the Comics, Anime, and Magic forum.
Superman

Post by Superman »

:oops:
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

HULK vs. THOR! Woohoo!! Not only was this a good fight between two classic Marvel characters but we got to see the big green guy kick Goldylocks's smelly yellow butt in the end!!
I guess that disproves the popular idea that Thor would be a challenge for Superman.
delicious pies
Superman

Post by Superman »

Provided the author is not lying about that too.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Superman wrote:Provided the author is not lying about that too.
The guy is just a hulk freak. It seems to me that he is just talking out of his ass alot
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

Superman wrote:Did you notice that the author of that page lied and said Hulk kicked Superman's ass? Isn't that libel? :wink:
Yeah, I was wondering when the Hulk beat Superman, because I don't remember that ever happening.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Death from the Sea wrote:
Superman wrote:Did you notice that the author of that page lied and said Hulk kicked Superman's ass? Isn't that libel? :wink:
Yeah, I was wondering when the Hulk beat Superman, because I don't remember that ever happening.
Well you can kick the crap out of someone and still lose...
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Superman wrote:Provided the author is not lying about that too.
That was their fight in Heroes Reborn. Hulk didn't really win, but he had the upper hand. But anyway, it was Heroes Reborn and not worth much.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Here's a much better account of Hulk vs. Thor fights:

http://leaderslair.crosswinds.net/gamma ... ashes.html

It's also got a ton of other fights. The guy who made the site is a Hulk fan, but it's got a ton of stuff on the entire MU, and he seems to have been fair in his account of the fights, at least with the ones I've read. He doesn't just claim the Hulk won them all, at least.
Superman

Post by Superman »

That's a good site, KK.

Just for the record, Hulk fought Supes a total of three times. The first was the Pre Crisis Superman, while the other two were somewhat more recent.

Yeah, I suspect that Thor has beaten Hulk at some point. Depends on who is writing the comic.
Superman

Post by Superman »

The links for Hulk VS Iron Man are not up. Has Iron Man ever taken Hulk? Damn, Iron Man is cool!
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Iron Man once knocked the Hulk out by routing all of his suit's energy into a single punch, but it also left him defenseless since he used up all his power.

I think I can find a scan of that.
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

I had no idea Wolverine has fought the Hulk that many times. He didn't do to badly, either.
delicious pies
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Stark created two very special armors. Hulkbuster and Thorbuster. Hulkbuster is this bigass armor that's probably the same size as the Hulk. It's actually just an exo frame, because Iron Man just gets inside of it. The Thorbuster was either made from magical Asgardian metals or powered by Asgardian magic. Stark built it incase Thor ever went loco.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

KK wrote:Iron Man once knocked the Hulk out by routing all of his suit's energy into a single punch, but it also left him defenseless since he used up all his power.

I think I can find a scan of that.

I have the issue of Iron Man. Basically they'd implanted a device in Banner that was supposed to keep his adrenaline level down so he'd never change into the Hulk again. Unfortunately the gamma radiation in his body messed the thing up so his aggitation level slowly crept up. He turned into the Hulk and with that device in him he was never going to calm down and revert to Banner so Iron Man had to go absolutely all out to stop him.

Iron Man put absolutely all of the energy of his suit into one bunch and knocked the Hulk out (he'd already been dazed by a big explosion). The Hulk was unconsious in this big crater and Iron Man's suit was totally dead. When someone touched him he just fell over stiff as a board.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Keep in mind the armors chestplate contained a pacemaker that kept Stark alive. So, using all the power his armor had would've put him at deaths door.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Skelron
Jedi Master

Post by Skelron »

I'd disagree with the second sites view on the Wolvie as Death fight, Wolvie had Hulk down and could have killed him, but the Wolvie side gained enough control to stop himself. Victory to Wolvie as it dosn't matter after that what happens Wolvie would have killed the Hulk after that he deafted himself.
From a review of the two Towers.... 'As for Gimli being comic relief, what if your comic relief had a huge axe and fells dozens of Orcs? That's a pretty cool comic relief. '
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Aya wrote:Keep in mind the armors chestplate contained a pacemaker that kept Stark alive. So, using all the power his armor had would've put him at deaths door.
Exactly, the next issue largely dealt with trying to save Tony Stark by getting the armor opened or charged, and make sure the Hulk was secured.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.