Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Major Spoilers!)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Sothis
Jedi Knight

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Major Spoilers!)

Post by Sothis »

Well, I finished book five, and it struck me as the most political of the books so far.

The Ministry of Magic is terrified at the idea of Voldemort being back, but they are even more terrified of the magical public believing he's back, and so label Harry and Dumbledore crankpots. Miss Umbridge is an interfering crone, and it's not long before she's regulating everything at Hogwarts in accordance to the Ministry's instructions. We see her try to restrict the flow of information by banning The Quibbler, a move that of course, backfires, since it reveals to the students that the Ministry has something to hide.

All of it motivated because Fudge is scared that Dumbledore will use hysteria over Voldemort to take over at the Ministry. Is the man stupid? If Dumbledore's never shown the slightest inkling of taking over before, why not simply trust him? After all, surely Dumbledore's proven he is trustworthy more than once?

Another interesting note is how angry Harry is. He's seething at the start with Ron, Herminone, Sirus and Dumbledore, and maintains a temper throughout the whole book, constantly snapping at Rone and Herminone. Later revelations about his father's conduct toward Snape don't help, and neither does Umbridge's medling. Of course, losing Sirus at the end, and discovering it's his destiny to either kill, or be killed by, Voldemort... one can only imagine how he'll be in book six.
Hakuna Matata
The Forums of Sothis! http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/sothis.html
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Re: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Major Spoiler

Post by Captain Cyran »

Sothis wrote:Of course, losing Sirus at the end, and discovering it's his destiny to either kill, or be killed by, Voldemort... one can only imagine how he'll be in book six.
I can imagine that he will be very removed from everyone, we got plenty of hints of this from the end of the 5th book.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

moved to CAM (we really must do something about this name :?). And next time check for similar active threads.