Newest Neil Gaiman story...1602

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Newest Neil Gaiman story...1602

Post by Ghost Rider »

Looks pretty good...but I'm really hoping it turns put well...and is Gaiman doing something for mainstream in quite a few years.

Funkier still it's not an elseworlds/what if

Preview of it
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

Confusing. How could this not be an elseworlds? How could it have any effect on the Marvel universe?
delicious pies
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Only Gaiman knows...apparently it's going to be some odd time FUBAR from what it seems...though I gotta give him, it takes balls regardless to do a story like this.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Wow the artwork...

Story sounds cool, too, curious on how Gaiman is gonna do the "howdunit", hope it's not in a routine way.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Re: Newest Neil Gaiman story...1602

Post by Rob Wilson »

Ghost Rider wrote:Looks pretty good...but I'm really hoping it turns put well...and is Gaiman doing something for mainstream in quite a few years.

Funkier still it's not an elseworlds/what if

Preview of it
Dammit, a British Comic writer and it's still nearly impossible to get it in the UK. That does it, I can see myself getting a Forbidden Planet subscription when I get back home. Maybe a trip to London to do a little back issue and TPB shopping as well. Ho hum, who needs money anyway. :wink:
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Ghost Rider wrote:Only Gaiman knows...apparently it's going to be some odd time FUBAR from what it seems...though I gotta give him, it takes balls regardless to do a story like this.
The most annoying thing about it? That he has to use the profits from this to fund reclaiming the rights of Miracleman, something that the Law courts awarded him unequivocably and which Mcfarlane is still appealing and acting as if it didn't happen. :evil:

Why a nice guy like Meil Gaiman should get treated like this is beyond me. He agree's to help out the start of Spawn by writing some incredible issues at the very start and giving it a boost (as did Alan Grant and Alan Moore) and he gets shafted time and again by McFarlane. :evil:
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back