Best/Worst Comic Book Movies

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

LMAO...I remember seeing that in some reruns...it's a bad memory similar to Star Wars Christmas special.

But whew...there be another stinker
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Ghost Rider wrote:
LMAO...I remember seeing that in some reruns...it's a bad memory similar to Star Wars Christmas special.

But whew...there be another stinker
:lol: I remember those.

I remember GL blasting Sinestro (I think) with his power ring.

Captain Marvel defeated Solomon Grundy by tricking him into a contest of tire throwing, I think. Basically they both threw and then CM told SG to go and see whose went further.

I think this wasn't too long after the Shazam! and Mighty Issis shows had been on during Saturday morning tv.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Best : Spiderman.

Worst : FF, if that's not allowed then Punisher with Dolph Lundgren (yes it's worse that the Cap A film! :shock: )

Can we have any Hulk discussion kept to a seperate thread please, it doesn't get to the Uk until 18th July and the rest of the world isn't much earlier. :(
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Either David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury, or that Dr. Strange Movie that you had to be stoned to under stand....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Either David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury, or that Dr. Strange Movie that you had to be stoned to under stand....
Hasselhoff as Fury?? :shock: Damn, am I glad I've never seen that!

I vaguely recall the DR Strange movie from when i was younger, very weird.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
SHODAN
Padawan Learner

Post by SHODAN »

Rob Wilson wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:Either David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury, or that Dr. Strange Movie that you had to be stoned to under stand....
Hasselhoff as Fury?? :shock: Damn, am I glad I've never seen that!
You should, it was marvelous piece of (unintentional?) comedy.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

My vote goes to the Punisher (Dolph Lungdren- though he personally didn't ruin the movie).
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Of what I've seen, I think my favorite was X2, the worst would have to be Batman & Robin.
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Best:
Spider-Man

Worst:
Captain America
Batman & Robin
Superman III
Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (I have it taped off of tv...ugh)
The Fantastic Four (1994)

IIRC, in Captain America, he gets shot a few times throughout the movie, always in the same place, because they apparantly only wanted to rip the costume once.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Favorite:
Spider-Man, Superman II, Batman, X2, Hulk, Crying Freeman

Worse:
Batman & Robin, Nick Fury, The Storm Riders, Generation X

B&R was a disaster, nowadays I only watch it for Silverstone.

Nick fury was....just wrong, I even disliked the design of the Helicarrier.

The Storm Riders really disappointed me mainly because I hate Hsu Chi and the main characters were chosen poorly.

Generation X was too plain.

OMG, WTF, Kuso:
Justice League, Captain America, Vampirella

Justice League is a plain time waste.

When I saw that Captain America couldn't take down 3 biker henchmen I began to force myself not to turn off the TV

Vampi....I'd rather not mention it.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

What did people think of the X-Men tv movie that aired in the ninety's? It had Banshee and the White Queen as teachers at Xavier's school and a bunch of nobody kid characters. It wasn't complete shit but I don't know how many people actuall saw it.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

Mark S wrote:What did people think of the X-Men tv movie that aired in the ninety's? It had Banshee and the White Queen as teachers at Xavier's school and a bunch of nobody kid characters. It wasn't complete shit but I don't know how many people actuall saw it.
Wha?
delicious pies
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Demiurge wrote:
Mark S wrote:What did people think of the X-Men tv movie that aired in the ninety's? It had Banshee and the White Queen as teachers at Xavier's school and a bunch of nobody kid characters. It wasn't complete shit but I don't know how many people actuall saw it.
Wha?
He's talking about Gen -X :P
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Demiurge wrote:
Wha?
He's talking about Gen -X :P
That was what it was called? Sure.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

Never even heard of that. I checked imdb and apparently it starred Emma Frost, Jubilee, Banshee, and artist Jim Lee. Great idea, make an X-men show about the most obscure and boring members you can think of. :roll:
delicious pies
Crazy Goji
Padawan Learner

Post by Crazy Goji »

Durran Korr wrote:I seem to be in the minority about Hulk. I loved it. A lot of people have complained about the long periods of talk and no action in the film, but these scenes had me completely engaged in the film just as much as the action scenes did.
You are not alone. I too tink the same way. I think Hulk is up there with X2 and Spidey. Hell, I liked Hulk more than X2.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

'Mystery Men'

If you balance a tac hammer on your head, then you can launch a balanced attack!

If you do not master your rage-

-your rage will master you. Right? That's what you were going to say wasn't it?
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

HemlockGrey wrote:'Mystery Men'
Now that should have been so much better. A great melding of various idea's but poor execution. Some moments were excellent, others pathetic. A good film but it's ending left you unsatisfied. Shame really.

Image Image
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

HemlockGrey wrote:
-your rage will master you. Right? That's what you were going to say wasn't it?
"Not necessarily"
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Demiurge wrote:Never even heard of that. I checked imdb and apparently it starred Emma Frost, Jubilee, Banshee, and artist Jim Lee. Great idea, make an X-men show about the most obscure and boring members you can think of. :roll:
The plot is about a partner of Emma's using a machine that goes to an astral plane, Emma has a machine like it and one day it's discovered by Skin, he uses it to get a girl, unfortunately Emma's partner is using it for IIRC mutant powers....

Lots of plotholes, boring pace, plain acting...etc.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Best: Batman, 1967
Worst: Batman, 1989
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Worst: The Original Spider-man.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Best: Dark City, followed by X2.
Worst: Superman, any of them.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

Tsyroc wrote:Dang. I was just looking at the cast for the second Cap telefilm and
it had Christopher Lee in it.

Plus, Alex Hyde-White had a part as some kid. (As an adult he played Reed Richards in the never released Fantastic Four movie).
How the mighty have fallen :shock:
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Best for me: Batman Mask of the Phantasm, X2, X-Men, Spiderman

Worst for me: The Batman TV Series Movie...I saw it once, didn't like it.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight