Batman-esque Characters

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Tsyroc wrote: After that I just had to write him off and hope that no one screwed up Captain Britain too much. :D
Captain Britain Rocks! And I'll hear nothing said against him. The Alan davis run in excalibur was brilliant and the Alan Moore/Alan Davis run of Captain Britain that introduced The Fury was nothing short of excellent.

I must find the mini-series that documents how Black Knight, Psylocke and Brain go to Otherworld and Brain becomes the ruler.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Mr Zorro and Mr. Shadow would like to point out that Batman is a rip off of them. Although Lamont has some powers he can do limited TK, Total Control of his own body, and medium grade telepathy (Makes everyone in a good size erea ignore or not see him)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Mr Zorro and Mr. Shadow would like to point out that Batman is a rip off of them. Although Lamont has some powers he can do limited TK, Total Control of his own body, and medium grade telepathy (Makes everyone in a good size erea ignore or not see him)
Well if we can have Zorro, what about Tintin? :twisted:
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Or Terry Ryan?

Hmm, evil thoughts....

Terry Ryan's arch Nemisis meets Catwoman.....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Black Widow only has spy-gadgets.

The Phantom's only super-stuff are his rings...:D
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

What about Elektra and Bullseye?
I realize the latter is a badguy, but other than being extremely accurate does he have any super qualities?
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Dizzy D
Youngling

Post by Dizzy D »

Death from the Sea wrote:What about Elektra and Bullseye?
I realize the latter is a badguy, but other than being extremely accurate does he have any super qualities?
Bullseye has an adamantium spine IIRC. (Courtesy of getting his back broken by Daredevil.)

Non-superpowered:
Grifter of Wildstorm had superpowers once, but supposedly lost all of them due to abuse.
For the Marvel-side:
Prowler (friend of Spider-Man) has some gadgets on his costume but no powers, Nick Fury, Shang-Chi, the Black Knight, the Swordsman, Night Trasher, Turbo (though she has an enhancement suit) and
technically in Marvel almost every mage has no superhuman powers, since everybody could learn to be a mage.
Joe Momma
Jedi Knight

Post by Joe Momma »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Demiurge wrote:Iron Man, Hawkeye and Black Panther do not have any superpowers.
Iron man uses a Powersuit and Black Panther has enhanced Senses and Strength (plus an special suit that protects him).
Like Cap, Black Panther's powers are also derived from drugs (in BP's case the heart-shaped herb). The herb also apparently boosts his relfexes and agility.
You're right about Hawkeye though. Also before he got entangled in the Captain Marvel identity, Rick Jones fought crime as a normal person.
Hawkeye has extraordinary vision, but not enough to qualify as a superpower IIRC. Does this mean the various Green Arrows and Speedy qualify as well?

Nick Fury does have an increased lifespan due to the Infinity Formula, but I don't know if that qualifies as a significant superpower for the purposes of this thread.

Agent Liberty and Adam Strange of DC were both normal humans, but they had jetpacks and other gadgets.

The Black Widow's non-superhuman, as was Black Canary II for a while when she lost her sonic scream (she got it back recently).

-- Joe Momma
It's okay to kiss a nun; just don't get into the habit.
Dizzy D
Youngling

Post by Dizzy D »

Nick Fury's increased lifespan requires him to take a drug every year. I don't think that would qualify as superpower.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Joe Momma wrote: Does this mean the various Green Arrows and Speedy qualify as well?
-- Joe Momma
Oliver Queen does, but didn't Speedy take experimental drugs (as well as the other kind :twisted: )?

Image Image
Dizzy D
Youngling

Post by Dizzy D »

Doesn't Oliver Queen have the meta-gene or did that get retconned by Kevin Smith ?
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Dizzy D wrote:Doesn't Oliver Queen have the meta-gene or did that get retconned by Kevin Smith ?
Haven't gotten hold of that, But I'm sure that his gene is recessive and doesn't provide him with any powers. I think it was a plot point to bring him closer to Black Canary and never went any further.

Image Image
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Dizzy D wrote:Doesn't Oliver Queen have the meta-gene or did that get retconned by Kevin Smith ?
Haven't gotten hold of that, But I'm sure that his gene is recessive and doesn't provide him with any powers. I think it was a plot point to bring him closer to Black Canary and never went any further.
Nah it was brought up...but like Hawkeye and his son he's just gifted.

So far nothing brought up that he has it active.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete