Is the Superman movie ever going to be made?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Is the Superman movie ever going to be made?

Post by Superman »

What do you think? Are they ever going to make this movie? This would be a great time for DC to put out a kick ass movie, since Marvel is releasing some good ones.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Doubtful since they are always arguing about a script.

I'm closer to expecting Smallville: The Movie before seeing a new Superman flick.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

The made the movie a couple of decades ago. :roll:
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Yeah but their is a rumor that's been circulating since 1995 about a new one...this is the one we're talking about...not the 1978 one.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Superman

Post by Superman »

Right. You can read about it on superhomepage.com.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

I would like to see a new good Superman movie but unfortunately all I keep hearing is crap. Either the script totally sucks ass or they come up with the absolutely stupidest casting choices possible for Clark/Superman.

Christopher Reeve worked because he was an unknown and he looked like Superman, for the most part.

At this point I'd rather that DC go for something different. They have a lot of characters that would be pretty good. Unfortunately Wonder Woman seems to keep going through some of the same problems that the Superman movie does. I think Green Lantern would work and I'd like to see Captain Marvel as long as they didn't screw it up like they've been trying to do with Superman.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Yeah either Captain Marvel(I mean the only real needed special effect change would be a Thunder bolt...and hell he has a different and interesting backstory to boot) could work well.

GL would be CGI fest, but wouldn't mind seeing it...since it would be a nice out of this world type film rather then Earth Based.

neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Didn't Brett Ratner already decide to use the Abrams script?
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

neoolong wrote:Didn't Brett Ratner already decide to use the Abrams script?
No, I believe that one is still in debate.

Mostly because DC/WB is real antsy to get a movie, but want to make it basically the next Spiderman.

Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

Possible SPOILERS

The WB has been planning this movie for years now, but they're stuck in developmental hell. I don't think it's coming any time soon, if at all. However, given all the awful rumors, I'd rather the movie not be made at all if it's gonna be crap. I'm talking about things like Krypton/Naboo not being destroyed, alien Lex, gay Jimmy Olsen, and freaking Ashton Kutcher in the costume. Even if some of these ideas were discarded, and I hear that they were, the fact that they even showed up in a possible script shows how off track things are going. Besides, these stupid ideas keep getting replaced by more stupid ideas.

It's really sad if you think about it. Marvel's making hundreds of millions of dollars off their characters, even second and third tier guys like Daredevil and Blade, but DC can't even come up with decent ideas for their flagship character. Spider-man showed that sticking with the source material (I know there's a few changes, but the movie was mostly faithful to the comics) works. Yet all DC/WB wants to do is completely butcher their own stories.

Another example is the upcoming Catwoman (yes, they are planning to do a Catwoman movie before properly reviving the Batman franchise, read on and you'll see why), starring Halle Berry. Since when is Catwoman black, except for a few episodes of that campy 60's show? In all likelihood they probably got Halle only because she's become a famous, A-list star, gettting critical praise with her Oscar and commercial success by becoming a Bond girl. From what I hear, Catwoman will NOT be Selina Kyle, and this movie won't have ANYTHING to do with Batman or Gotham City. Instead, she's going to some completely new character named "Patience Price". She'll also have superhuman, cat-like powers, sorta like the Huntress did in the Birds of Prey tv show, another example of comic-butchery.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I knew about the Superman...but Catwoman no...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
:shock: :wtf: :shock:

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Ghost Rider wrote:I knew about the Superman...but Catwoman no...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
:shock: :wtf: :shock:

Ashton Kurchner as Superman is one of the worst suggestions I've heard them use. Josh Hartnet was a better try and even it was bad.

I'd heard about Halle Berry being attached but not the stuff about changing everything. I was kind of hoping that Catwoman based on the comics would get made with Ashley Judd but it doesn't look like it.

Halle Berry is a good actress but she's not as good as she thinks she is now that she's got that statue.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

They have been taking about a superman movie for years and i think that they will make it but not for another 5 years... i'd say do something else. Green lantern movie
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

I would love to see "Green Arrow" in the style of Longbow Hunters. I loved that series of Graphic Novels
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Kitsune wrote:I would love to see "Green Arrow" in the style of Longbow Hunters. I loved that series of Graphic Novels
Yeah if Holloywood would ever get that ballsy with a comic book character I'd be amazed.

Maybe if they do it the style of Blade 1 they might make a good GA movie. And it wouldn't need that much SE cost.

Bug-Eyed Earl
Jedi Master

Post by Bug-Eyed Earl »

I hate Halle Berry.
BotM Cybertronian
Superman

Post by Superman »

Flash would probably make a good movie. Anyone remember that series?
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Flash was a pretty decent series. With Mark Hamill as the Trickster ;)

I think the muscle suit was stupid. At least they made some silly explanation like a cooling system that bulked it up, but making it a muscle suit was sooo trying to be as good as the Batman movies that were produced back then. (which innovated with the whole no-spandex thing). At least Batman's looked more like decorated armor rather than a thin guy trying to look pumped up.
Equinox2003
Jedi Knight

Post by Equinox2003 »

As a big fan of the Superman movies, I would welcome a fresh movie.
What I wonder is, using computer graphics, could Reeve star in the
next movie? Can they take clips from the old movies and use computers
to make it seem as though he were a part of the new film?
Is this possible?

That Catwoman thing has no interest for me though.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Jim Raynor wrote:Possible SPOILERS
Well I now very much hope the whole project dies.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Wasn't David Boreanaz supposed to be up for that role/

Or am I thinking of this Batman: Year One thing?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Superman I think.

But then again, everybody and his evil twin has been up for that role.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@