Dean Cain Superman show

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Dean Cain Superman show

Post by Superman »

I have been watching this lately on TBS and I have to say that it really sucks major ass. Talk about a cheesy ass show. God! Horrible!

Dean Cain was horrible as Supes! He is too short and baby faced! His voice doesn't cut it either! Eyeee...

Does anyone like this?
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I thought it was passible.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Re: Dean Cain Superman show

Post by Dahak »

Superman wrote:I have been watching this lately on TBS and I have to say that it really sucks major ass. Talk about a cheesy ass show. God! Horrible!

Dean Cain was horrible as Supes! He is too short and baby faced! His voice doesn't cut it either! Eyeee...

Does anyone like this?
Well, he's hot, so who cares? :mrgreen:
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Pamela Anderson is hot but that didn't make "Baywatch" any good.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

No she's not.

*barf*

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

The honorable Spanky is correct. She's nasty.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I rather liked Louis & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. Sure it was a little cheesy, but I think it was well done anyway.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Alyeska wrote:I rather liked Louis & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. Sure it was a little cheesy, but I think it was well done anyway.
Budget coulda used some work, yes?
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:No she's not.

*barf*
Yeah pam anderson is pretty gross.

(smells spanky's barf... proceeds to barf as well)
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

I think most of those who watched Lois & Clark,were more interested in Lois Lane. :wink:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Yeah, Teri Hatcher wasn't hard on the eyes.

For the most part it was a rather campy series...but I didn't mind Lex and Lois was that bad either as a character.....at times.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Campy up the yinyang.
Scifi as hard as wet noodles.
But pretty good considering.
And Dean Cain isn't all that bad an actor.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

I like how superman had the fucking superspeed in that series. It was like WHOOSH that would make sonic booms big enough to topple buildings and shit. :D
Sì! Abbiamo un' anima! Ma è fatta di tanti piccoli robot.
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

I used to watch it when it was in production a few years ago, I always liked it, but I was younger back then, and was a much bigger Super Man fan. When I think back about it though, it still doesn't seem like it was that bad.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Tis was a good show. I loved this scene in the first episode:

Guy #1: Look, up in the sky, it's a bird!
Guy#2: No, it's a plane!
Guy#3: Naw, it's just a guy in blue tights.

I swear, the first time I heard that, I fell over laughing.

The whole Kryptonian survivors coming to Earth inorder to make Kal El their King, and ending up attacking Smallsville was pretty good.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

Saw it years ago. I agree that Dean Cain was a terrible Superman, and that Pamela Anderson is not hot.
delicious pies
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Montcalm wrote:I think most of those who watched Lois & Clark,were more interested in Lois Lane. :wink:
Not exactly. While I wouldn't kick Hatcher out of bed, I kind of think she's so-so...

She was okay as Lois, in my opinion.

I watched the show occasionally during the original ABC run and some of the early morning reruns on TNT. It was okay, and while Cain might not have been the very best choice to play Clark Kent, I think he certainly did a charming job with what he was given.

Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Pamela Anderson may have been hot once. Sure as hell she's not hot now.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

I liked the show the first two seasons. It was meant to be about the relationship side of Superman's life. Primarilly between him and Lois but the interactions with his parents were good. There was also him dealing with his co-workers. Basically the Superman aspect was a complication to the rest of his life that we got to see him trying to deal with.

After Lois new Clark was Superman the show tried to make it more about Superman and ended up being really cheesy most of the time. The thing with the Kryptonians was okay as was the alternate reality where Lois had died and Clark had grown up in the foster care system.

The ones with supervillans sucked. Antonio Sabbatto Junior as "Deathstroke", with some sort of lame death touch power. Roger Daltry played some other weak ass super villan as well.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I never watched that show on a regular basis, but what I saw of it wasn't that bad.
What really irked me were the visuals of Cain in Supes' costume:wrong shade of blue, wrong shade of red, no yellow S on the back of the cape IIRC, and DON'T remind me of the hairdo...

The Christopher Reeves movies did that MUCH better.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Batman wrote:I never watched that show on a regular basis, but what I saw of it wasn't that bad.
What really irked me were the visuals of Cain in Supes' costume:wrong shade of blue, wrong shade of red, no yellow S on the back of the cape IIRC, and DON'T remind me of the hairdo...

The Christopher Reeves movies did that MUCH better.
:lol: I read something about this where they specifically went with "electric blue" instead of the powder blue. I hadn't noticed the S missing from the back of his cape on the show. It's missing on the cartoon version too because they said it was a pain in the ass to animate in mass. I don't know why they missed dropped it on L&C.

His hair is slicked back so he'll look different than Clark. The show was supposed to be more about Clark and less about Superman so they had to give Clark more leeway on the hair so he'd look good for the romantic stuff. :)
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I remember that show, in one ep, didn't he boil the entire Ocean or something?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

That's one of the few shows that I just had to watch ever. Yeah, it's campy, and I probably couldn't go back and watch it now, but hey, it was pretty awesome then. I liked the blue though. Much better than the lighter blue.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am