Differences between movie and comic Hulk

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Differences between movie and comic Hulk

Post by Superman »

Just a couple I noticed.

1. In the comics, Hulk hates Bruce Banner. In the movie, the girl called him "Bruce" and he didn't seem to care.

2. In the comics, Hulk is quite vulnerable to gas. He has frequently been knocked out because of it. In the movie, it did not appear to bother him too much.

Any more you noticed?
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Well, in the hallucination, the Hulk did call Bruce a puny human after grabbing him.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

True, maybe Hulk will start hating Banner more after Banner tries to cure himself.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

You have to remember that there are a couple dozen different incarnations of the Hulk, each based on one of Bruce Banner's various multiple personalities.
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

• In the comics, the first incarnation of the Hulk was gray and he came out at night. The Green, anger spawned incarnation only came later.
  • In the comics, Bruce Banner was a Nuclear Physicist, not a Biologist, and it was being caught in the Nuclear blast that caused the Hulk, it was not passed down by his father in any way.
  • The Hulk was 15 feet tall in the movie as opposed to the comics where he was usually stated to be about 7 feet tall (even though he did appear a lot taller somtimes.
  • The movie Hulk seemed weaker, as he was having trouble lifting that giant spherical thing in the lab, however later when he was mad he was mad enough he lifted a tank. That probably just means he's weaker when he's calm than the comic Hulk is when he's calm.
  • No "Hulk Smash!" :evil:
  • The movie Hulk seems to actually grow larger when he's angry, which AFAIK he never does in the comics. (Or maybe he does, perhaps that's why he appeared taller sometimes?)
That's all I can think of right now, perhaps I'll post more later.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

There was all that origin stuff that was changed.

No Rick Jones, or Gargoyle. Etc.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Though as a amusing side note...the frog in the Gamma thingamajig that Bruce gets zapped by is named Rick.

So in someways Rick is in the origin...but yeah like neo pointed out, no Rick Jones, definitly no Gargoyle(which was really the whole evil opposite of the time...he was a gamma irradiated genius, a precursor to the Leader)
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

In the comics he sometimes looks like a midget, and sometimes looks about 10 feet tall.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Ghost Rider wrote:Though as a amusing side note...the frog in the Gamma thingamajig that Bruce gets zapped by is named Rick.

So in someways Rick is in the origin...but yeah like neo pointed out, no Rick Jones, definitly no Gargoyle(which was really the whole evil opposite of the time...he was a gamma irradiated genius, a precursor to the Leader)
Uh, wasn't it called Freddie?
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

neoolong wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:Though as a amusing side note...the frog in the Gamma thingamajig that Bruce gets zapped by is named Rick.

Uh, wasn't it called Freddie?
I can't honestly remember from the movie...but could've been. :?

I know the novelization it's Rick.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

I'm pretty sure in the movie the frog was named Freddie. Or else I'm imagining things again.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The frog was Freddie....
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ah...okay.

Damn no Rick...sigh.

Debate over Frog is over :P

Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

1. In the comics, Hulk hates Bruce Banner. In the movie, the girl called him "Bruce" and he didn't seem to care.
Well, there was that one dream sequence where Hulk grabbed Bruce and called him "puny human." Maybe this is what they were hinting at.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Durran Korr wrote:
Well, there was that one dream sequence where Hulk grabbed Bruce and called him "puny human." Maybe this is what they were hinting at.
Deja vu.