Yoda vs The Hulk

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Crossover_Maniac wrote:
Comparing a pissed off Hulk to a six-year old with a temper is like comparing a rabid pit bull to an angry Chihuahua.
In terms of mental state its accurate, and that was the point.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Omega-13 wrote:
Durran Korr wrote:I wonder how Hulk's flesh would hold up against a lightsabre?
I'm not sure Yoda would really be able to hit him, the Hulk isn't a slow moving lurch.
He was fast enough to catch a hellfire missle in his hands, and his reactions were very quick in hand to hand against the dogs.

I can see Yoda trying to attack him, and then getting flattened after his lightsabre slashed him. I don't think he can do the "hit and run" tactic, he woudln't be able to keep ahead of Hulk,
I know that this isn't movie, but the original topic didn't explicitily say which.

In the comics, there have been a few times Wolverine cut the Hulk with his adamantium claws. However each instance was different. As Each comic showed the Hulk with different kinds of durability. At one point he was just really durable (at which Wolverine alone couldn't cut the Hulk, but he had to use the Hulks own body weight and momentum to get the strength to cut him), another is that the Hulk just heals really fast (at which point Wolverine can cut him, however he healed so fast that it healed during the cut. Aka by the time Wolverine finished the swipe, the Hulk was already completely healed), and there are times that he has both.

So basiclly if we're talking about the comic book, the effects of the lightsaber would differ with each writer of the Hulk. One would be that he heals from the cut of the lightsaber, as fast as the lightsaber goes through him.

Another where he has a lot of resistence and it'd take some effort to cut through him.

As for speed, the Hulk has caught up to nuclear missles that were traveling 25,000 mph with one leap, after the missles already had a few mile lead. Is it superspeed on par with the Flash or superman? no, but thats faster 1000m/s, actually greater than 10,000 m/s As the Hulk would have to move faster than the missles to catch up to it. So its greater than 25,000 mph, and converting 25,000mph to m/s is 11,111 m/s. so the the comic book Hulk also as the speed advantage.

He also did a Thunder clap as Gladiator flew his body close to outspace.

But since its movie Hulk, we haven't seen him do any of that. But that isn't something that should be out of his reach as it was based on the comic book.
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Also for the intelligence of the Hulk, that also depends on which version. There are versions of him where he still has the intelligence of banner, others where he's a child, and others where he's completely mindless.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Superman wrote:Dude, come on. You lost. You already demonstrated your arrogance, and ignorance, when you stated (OBVIOUSLY without reading the comic crossovers) that Hulk is stronger than Superman.

Give it up, fanboy.
So? comic crossovers are discounted in versus debates on most comic boards. Though I'll give you that supes baseline strenght is over the Hulks baseline strenght. He could get stronger than superman however.

But I don't see why he should give it up when we've gone over everything thrown at us so far.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ah yes...the same Superman who's newest feat is moving a planet vs Hulk who best feat was destroying a large asteriod(and before you go twice the size of earth read Tales to Astonish #52......that is the issue where Hulk performs this feat...but manages never to duplicate it, or Thanos should be a blood splotch)
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Ghost Rider wrote:Ah yes...the same Superman who's newest feat is moving a planet vs Hulk who best feat was destroying a large asteriod(and before you go twice the size of earth read Tales to Astonish #52......that is the issue where Hulk performs this feat...but manages never to duplicate it, or Thanos should be a blood splotch)
Yes an asteriod twice the size of earth I've been told.
And why would Thanos(I've destroied planets in my fights too) be suddenly overwhelmed by a planet destroyer? He is one! It goes with the general power-level hulk fights with.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Ghost Rider wrote:Ah yes...the same Superman who's newest feat is moving a planet vs Hulk who best feat was destroying a large asteriod(and before you go twice the size of earth read Tales to Astonish #52......that is the issue where Hulk performs this feat...but manages never to duplicate it, or Thanos should be a blood splotch)
Superman was massively powered up with a sundip and a boost froma cosmic being when he did that, and the planet was the exact size and density as Pluto.

Pluto compared to twice the size of Earth is quite a difference.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

*sigh*....did you READ Tales to Astonish #52?

I am really starting to hate that it's being bandied about as the mantra of Hulk power, by people who haven't read it.

It's not twice the size of earth and the panel where they show him do the deed makes it seem even smaller then the caption exposition.

So read the bloody fucking thing first before flinging it about...especially when this is usually consider both out of place for that version of Hulk(he NEVER repeated the deed or came close to it again) and when considered is an absolute upper limit.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Laird
Friendly Neighbourhood Asshole

Post by Laird »

Seeing as how I have only read a few of the hulk comics,Based on the movie whats stopping the hulk from taking a deep breathe and blowing yoda away? It worked with that moron in the movie.
"LairdCorp, where total dominion is our number one goal!"-LairdCorp's Motto
Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Post by Steven Snyder »

Something that crossed my mind...

We are talking about Jedi here right??? Those that can walk through a high-security death star, teeming with guards, and pass completely unnoticed until he got to the tractor beam control. Then walk right back to his ship with the only person that noticed him being another Jedi?

If Obi-Wan is powerful enough so that he isn't even noticed by mundanes in a military installation, I have a feeling Yoda is even stronger.

With this in mind, how can we even be sure that the Hulk will even notice Yoda without the Jedi Master allowing it? Then the little guy simply relaxes until the Hulk calms down and becomes Banner.

Even with all of his strength and regeneration, the Hulk is still just a stupid, impulsive, creature. Everything I have seen here that shows that Yoda would be defeated, assumes that the little guy is fighting on the Hulks terms. But logic would dictate that Yoda would have the advantage of terms because he is smart and patient enough to manipulate the situation to his liking, whereas the Hulk could not.
David Deas
Redshirt

Post by David Deas »

Ghost Rider wrote:*sigh*....did you READ Tales to Astonish #52?

I am really starting to hate that it's being bandied about as the mantra of Hulk power, by people who haven't read it.

It's not twice the size of earth and the panel where they show him do the deed makes it seem even smaller then the caption exposition.

So read the bloody fucking thing first before flinging it about...especially when this is usually consider both out of place for that version of Hulk(he NEVER repeated the deed or came close to it again) and when considered is an absolute upper limit.
If you're going to pose as an authority, you could at least get the issue # correct GR.
Do you know what I hate most about humans? Nature...war...God...you think you can control it all...I don't know what's larger. Your arrogance or your stupidity. -- Megatron
David Deas
Redshirt

Post by David Deas »

When did Superman move a planet?

.......Oh. And if you're going to *pretend* to be some kinda Incredible Hulk authority, you should probably at least have your issue numbers and facts somewhat *remotely* correct. Not only do you have your issue number screwed all up and down, but your bold statement about that being his maximum display of strength is way off base as well.
Do you know what I hate most about humans? Nature...war...God...you think you can control it all...I don't know what's larger. Your arrogance or your stupidity. -- Megatron
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

You know, I'd almost mention the word "calculations" in this thread, but I doubt it would only result in a bunch of puzzled expressions. I'm almost reminded of the DBZ-related debates. :roll:
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

First off GR I'm looking for the words of that strip that were posted in another forum I was on. I'm preety sure the number 2x the size of earth was posted. And also what "it looked like" has to be taken with a grain of salt cuase scale and size are often smudged in comics becuase of the limits of the meduim. How often has Supes moved a planet that looked like a planetary mass? That you couldn't actaully see him moving the planet?

And Steven Snyder, the problem with that is that Yoda would have to be invisisble before he actaully see's the Hulk becuase if the Hulk see's him than stops seeing him Banner might relise whats going on and take over and his will acting against Yoda. And Hulk himself has enhanced seanses, in the movie novelation he is able to track betty to her cabin by smelling her scent still around his house hours after she leaved. And comic version's seanses are so enhanced he can seanse magic and ghosts.

David Deas
Redshirt

Post by David Deas »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is quite possibly the *only* board on the entire internet where a one and a half foot green dude with limited TK and a hot sword would cream the Incredible Hulk.
David Deas
Redshirt

Post by David Deas »

Darth_Shinji wrote:First off GR I'm looking for the words of that strip that were posted in another forum I was on. I'm preety sure the number 2x the size of earth was posted. And also what "it looked like" has to be taken with a grain of salt cuase scale and size are often smudged in comics becuase of the limits of the meduim. How often has Supes moved a planet that looked like a planetary mass? That you couldn't actaully see him moving the planet?

And Steven Snyder, the problem with that is that Yoda would have to be invisisble before he actaully see's the Hulk becuase if the Hulk see's him than stops seeing him Banner might relise whats going on and take over and his will acting against Yoda. And Hulk himself has enhanced seanses, in the movie novelation he is able to track betty to her cabin by smelling her scent still around his house hours after she leaved. And comic version's seanses are so enhanced he can seanse magic and ghosts.
Twice the size of the Earth is correct, my friend.

(You had to actually read the comic to know that)

Hmm.
--Leia--
Youngling

Post by --Leia-- »

[fanboy] Yoda would destroy the Hulk! [/fanboy] 8)
Reading: Shatterpoint
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Just as a small reminder.

Most of the Yoda people are using the low end of Yoda...

If you want high end...he can stop ISD coming out of Hyperspace and fling them aside...given KJA allowed regular JEDI doing this.

So let's go high end...and we'll see who ends up dead.

Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Post by Steven Snyder »

Darth_Shinji wrote:And Steven Snyder, the problem with that is that Yoda would have to be invisisble before he actaully see's the Hulk becuase if the Hulk see's him than stops seeing him Banner might relise whats going on and take over and his will acting against Yoda.
Exactly why do you think Bruce Banner would be able to resist Yoda any more than the average human? The simple fact is that Banner hasn't even the will to control his own anger, this display of his inability to control even his own feelings leads me to believe he would be easy to manipulate.
And Hulk himself has enhanced seanses
And so did every Stormtrooper onboard the Death Star whom Kenobi walked right past.
in the movie novelation he is able to track betty to her cabin by smelling her scent still around his house hours after she leaved
Your average dog can smell a fingerprint for up to six weeks, this feat that the Hulk did (though superhuman) is really not that impressive.
And comic version's seanses are so enhanced he can seanse magic and ghosts.
Irrelevant to this case, Yoda did not attend Hogwarts and he is not a ghost (at least not in this scenario).
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Steven Snyder wrote:Exactly why do you think Bruce Banner would be able to resist Yoda any more than the average human? The simple fact is that Banner hasn't even the will to control his own anger, this display of his inability to control even his own feelings leads me to believe he would be easy to manipulate.
Wrong, Banner contolled his anger and the transformation it brought on for most of his life before the events of the Hulk took place. It was only after the gamma experiment (where he threw himself on it to save a coworkers life) did it imblanced him enought for the transformation to begin. Even then he took control enought to stop from transforming when being beaten and eltrocuted by Talbot. And then took back control when needed to. All this is showing is that prehaps the Hulks will is usaully stronger then Banners..... Which is quite strong from examples.
And Hulk himself has enhanced seanses
And so did every Stormtrooper onboard the Death Star whom Kenobi walked right past. [/quote] Mechaincal seanses which you have no proof off how good they are.
Your average dog can smell a fingerprint for up to six weeks, this feat that the Hulk did (though superhuman) is really not that impressive.
Prehaps enought to know Yoda's there. Plus this really comes down to Hulks will. If he
Irrelevant to this case, Yoda did not attend Hogwarts and he is not a ghost (at least not in this scenario).
But he is using a very simarly energy. Its more than enought to belive he might be able to seanse Yoda.

Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Scenario: The Hulk sees Yoda. The Hulk runs at his maximum speed toward Yoda. Yoda already knows he's coming because of Force precog. Yoda uses the Force to lift him up, but doesn't bother stopping his forward momentum, allowing the Hulk to sail over top of him. Yoda holds him up with his Force TK, keeping the Hulk from making contact with the ground so that he can't move or turn to thunderclap. Yoda TKs his lightsabre over to the Hulk and slices off his head. I doubt he'd be able to regenerate after that.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Zod
Redshirt

Post by Zod »

The Maestro, a future version of The Hulk, has regenerated from his entire body being turned into ashes.

Make of that what you will.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Ghost Rider wrote:*sigh*....did you READ Tales to Astonish #52?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... 427d5b.gif

Astronomer: "My god... If my calculations are correct, this asteroid is twice the size of Earth."
David Deas
Redshirt

Post by David Deas »

Butt he sed ef hiz calcue-lashons wur currect n' wee hav no pruuf thate they wur currect so ha I wen.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

oopse almost posted something dumb. But according to the threads beginning (excuse me for not wanting to read 4 pages of fan wanking) it is movie versus movie. So yoda wins. using the force yoda should be able to lift the hulk up and while the hulk is suspended use the force to calm him down and revert him to Banner. Then Yoda goes thwack thwack and wins.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!