Wolverine vs. Marv.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Who wins

Wolverine (Adamantium is unbreakable)
No votes
Marv (Distance is a great equalizer)
14%
Hell they both go to a topless bar and REALLY test their regeneration skills
86%

Total votes: 7

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Wolverine vs. Marv.

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Sin City's unkillable juggernaught

vs.

The Mad Mutant

Both have regeneration up the (ahem)

Marv has a pair of .45's, piano wire, and an arsenel of hardware store goodies.

Wolverine has adamantium bones/claws.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Marvin the Martian will use his Acme disintegrating pistol :lol:

Seriously.... I dunno who this Marv is... but since they have regen powers and I can see what weapons this guy is using.... I'll just assume he is basically just a less muscled, no extra sharp senses, no clawed version of Wolverine.

Wolvie can shrug off the .45 blasts, and when he goes near enough, that Marv guy is dead, unless Marv is a great marksman and emties his guns into Wolverine's eyes and the bullets all go through the eyeballs and into his brain.....
The Yosemite Bear

I see you forgetting that Hulk, Deathstryke and Mistique have killed Wolverine in alternates with simple jugular and heart hits.

Adamantium skeletons don't protect all your vitals (like the space between ribs, your neck, guts (His ex-wife's dad proved that), etc.

Wolverine can be taken down.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:I see you forgetting that Hulk, Deathstryke and Mistique have killed Wolverine in alternates with simple jugular and heart hits.

Adamantium skeletons don't protect all your vitals (like the space between ribs, your neck, guts (His ex-wife's dad proved that), etc.

Wolverine can be taken down.
But Wolverine has a kick ass healing healing factor!

Mystique kill Wolvie? Using what?

I mean, in the movie Deathstryke stabbed him, and did he die? No.

He has the healing factor.....

But... I'm no comic man... I don't know how extensive his healing will go...

So if I shoot his heart, he's dead?

What about Marv, how good is his healing?
The Yosemite Bear

1 just how long have you been reading comics?

Future Imperfect: Hulk stabbed him with a sharp pointy stick through the heart.=No ticker Blood stops pumping, wolverine dies

Pheonix the Untold story: Imperial Guard electrocutes him, later revived with Shiar tech.

Gaurdian's of the Galaxy: (alternate future): His own daughter murder's him with a knife to the neck

Wolverine(LS) 1-4: Stabbed in the gut by a Katana, falls into a coma, only months of help with Yuriko saves him

Murderworld/Xavier files: The suggested method for killing wolverine is partial decapitation as his healing factor will not be able to stop the rapid blood loss.

The post siege peralus(spelling): Cruicfied (would have died except for "Gateway" and a brat's interferance.

Epic Comics Meltdown: Wolverine get's his guts disintergrated by Havok, get's buried in a toxic waste dump, and only because of the additional boost to his healing factor from being buried in irradated ground survives (sort of )

Deathstryke keeps trying to perform the classic rip open neck manuver because it is one of the KNOWN ways to kill him. (She's been trying this since her intoduction)

Wolverine & Kitty Pryde (LS): Kitty lodges sword into Logan's chest, he turns at the last second loosing a lung which regenerates, he says a hit to his heart would have killed him.

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Hay u forget Daye of futur past: Sentinal Power vapes him down to the bones
The Yosemite Bear

Marv

Ungodly big, blonde (close shaved), guy who goes to nudie bars, saves little girls from pediphiles, and crams Nazi's in hiding into their own ovens, or gives sadistic fratboys their fatal comuppance.)

has been stabbed, repeatbly, had more lead pumped into him then Chow Yun-Fat in a John Woo movie, and had an axe imbedded in his left lung. And still was kicking ass.

He got strapped into an electric chair and they still couldn't kill him.

The running discussion on Sin City fans is that he's the Nazi Genetic experiment that worked.....

The Yosemite Bear

Crazedwraith wrote:Hay u forget Daye of futur past: Sentinal Power vapes him down to the bones
True I was just establishing low end kills

we have also seen the M'kron crystal regenerate him from a single cell, (Adamantium and all)

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Correction to the above: Hay! You forgot Days of Future past: A sentinal vaporises all of logan Except his invincible metal skeleton

On-topic i have no-dea who Marv his but if he only has pistols well he unless hes very good with them...
I direct your attention to wolverine isues 119-123 the not dead yet story. Here wolvie was pumped full of admatium poisen bullets specific satated that they were aimig for the upper bodies and this still barely slowed him down.
The Yosemite Bear

Which was of course one of the more poorly reasoned set ups, if your going to make a hollowpoint bullet, it needs to be able to de form, a softer material is better. Adamantium bullets would just go right through the body, and why bother with poison since unless you were using them with like traquilizer darts your never getting enough toxin in him. Given the adaption of his immune system poison is not the smartest trick to use on him.

Also I said he primarily had .45's, he also has Piano wire and a whole hardware store arsenal. As for accuracy (He's a pulp/John Woo inspired superhero what do you think his accuracy is?)

Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Marvin would be too depressed to care.

"Brain the size of a planet and you expect me to fight this Logan guy? And me with this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side. I asked to have them replaced but nobody ever listens..."
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Then... Marv takes it then......

Like I said... I'm no comic man.