Comic book fans, lend me your ears!

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

I'm still pissed that Colossus is dead. I realize that they wanted to end the Legacy Virus with a bang, but Colossus was the shit.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

His death was fitting though. It had meaning and wasn't just some shitty end for him. He died so no one else would have to feel the pain of losing a loved one to the Legacy Virus, like he did.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Meh. Would have been better if Gambit had died; he sucks more. Colossus is just way too cool.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Kelly Antilles wrote: And from what I read on a couple of Psylock websites last night, they actually might really ressurect her... maybe.
Wow, yet another "Comic resurrection" - if only the real world was
like that :lol:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Aya wrote:They killed Mags? Sonofabitches...
It was about time. The man was a mass murdering son of a bitch
who deserved to have been put down like a rabid dog a long time ago...

however, this is the 3rd or 4th death for Mags...so he'll probably be
back :roll:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Stravo wrote:I'm more than happy to be Hal Jordan (before his meltdown and stupidity of his death)
Actually, was I the only one who liked the new, evil, Hal Jordan as
Parallax? I so wanted him to bitchslap that new GL idiot around like the
fool he was

Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

How did Mags die?
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Aya wrote:How did Mags die?
After the Wolverine debacle...a giant sentinel/nuke killed him while he was in a wheelchair.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Ghost Rider wrote:
After the Wolverine debacle...a giant sentinel/nuke killed him while he was in a wheelchair.
Actually, IIRC, he was buried alive and he recorded his last words. Some Mutants built a huge Statue of Libertyesque Statue of him that keeps blaring his last words.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Lonestar wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
Actually, IIRC, he was buried alive and he recorded his last words. Some Mutants built a huge Statue of Libertyesque Statue of him that keeps blaring his last words.
Which were?
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

How can he be killed by a nuke? He could simply redirect the damn thing or fuck it's guidence system up. Gah, I have no idea whats going on with the X-Men. :x

Someone care to give me a basic run down of what's happen recently? I know there's some shit going on with Scott and Emma, said chick was killed apparently and there was some sort of riot at the institute.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Aya wrote:How can he be killed by a nuke? He could simply redirect the damn thing or fuck it's guidence system up. Gah, I have no idea whats going on with the X-Men. :x
Actually, it's canon he can be killed by a nuke :twisted:

After all, if Frank Castle could do that, then anyone can :twisted:

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Killed by Nuke...when surprised and in a bit of lesser form Shep :P

But Ennis wasn't too far off.

The crappy part of this...was he sorta sat there.

We can all thank Grant Morrison for that one(course Beast thinking he was possibly gay was another grand thing)

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Marvel has just gone to shit since Onslaught. (worse than before). They've actually killed heros before and left them dead, but it's as if they're trying to weed out the entire mutant population now.

I happend to have LIKED GenerationX the way it was!
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

MKSheppard wrote:
Aya wrote:How can he be killed by a nuke? He could simply redirect the damn thing or fuck it's guidence system up. Gah, I have no idea whats going on with the X-Men. :x
Actually, it's canon he can be killed by a nuke :twisted:

After all, if Frank Castle could do that, then anyone can :twisted:
Canon proof that he could? He let the nukes hit in AOA.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Kelly Antilles wrote:Marvel has just gone to shit since Onslaught. (worse than before). They've actually killed heros before and left them dead, but it's as if they're trying to weed out the entire mutant population now.
Meh, come on, think about it logically for once: Basically, the only people
who could actually survive the amount of firepower that ends up getting
thrown around in a typical superhero fight were Colossus and Wolverine
(thanks to his healing factor), meanwhile everyone else only suffers from
ripped spandex and a few surface cuts? :roll:

I want to see Cyclops in bed for a month all bandaged up after he falls
through a floor and breaks his legs :twisted:

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

MKSheppard wrote:
Stravo wrote:I'm more than happy to be Hal Jordan (before his meltdown and stupidity of his death)
Actually, was I the only one who liked the new, evil, Hal Jordan as
Parallax? I so wanted him to bitchslap that new GL idiot around like the
fool he was
He was annoying to say the least but I never really disliked him, its just that there was no way he was going to fill in Hal's shoes. Hal was THE GL and always will be in my mind, he was a seasoned veteran with a willpower second to none that had learned to stand up for himself and question the guardians every now and then, I just thought that his meltdown was way too contrived and went against his character.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Stravo wrote: I just thought that his meltdown was way too contrived and went against his character.
Actually, wasn't it more over a long period of time? IE, Coast City gets nuked
in the "Reign of the Supermen" storyline by the Cyborg, and Hal's breakdown
doesn't come for a year or two later?

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Stravo wrote:I just thought that his meltdown was way too contrived and went against his character.
He's probably the best villain we could emphasize with: he saw everything
he loved destroyed in an instant at Coast City, and he went on a quest
to restore Coast City, basically opening a whole can of whup-ass onto everyone
from Killowog to Sinestro :twisted:

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

MKSheppard wrote:
Stravo wrote: I just thought that his meltdown was way too contrived and went against his character.
Nope Hal breaks down right after Coast city gets nuked. He stays in the crater and loses it when he tries to resuurect the city with his ring. I also thought that the Guardians were incredibly stupid for coming down on him for that infrqaction since he hurt no one with his attempt to live in a fanatsy world and we have plenty of instances where the Guardians turned a blind ete to ring misuse by other GL's as long as the job got done.

Haln saved their world countless of times and rebuilt the Corps, the least they could do was let the man grieve. BUt at the same time, it went against his character to just lose it like that, here's a guy who has seen planets die and he loses it over this city? No fucking way.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Stravo wrote:But at the same time, it went against his character to just lose it like that, here's a guy who has seen planets die and he loses it over this city? No fucking way.
Meh. the difference I think was, he really didn't know anyone on those
planets, while he knew a lot of people in Coast City - Plus, Coast City was
his HOME...big difference I think

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Stravo wrote:
MKSheppard wrote:
Nope Hal breaks down right after Coast city gets nuked. He stays in the crater and loses it when he tries to resuurect the city with his ring. I also thought that the Guardians were incredibly stupid for coming down on him for that infrqaction since he hurt no one with his attempt to live in a fanatsy world and we have plenty of instances where the Guardians turned a blind ete to ring misuse by other GL's as long as the job got done.

Haln saved their world countless of times and rebuilt the Corps, the least they could do was let the man grieve. BUt at the same time, it went against his character to just lose it like that, here's a guy who has seen planets die and he loses it over this city? No fucking way.
Sadly the entire Hal=Whacko was an editorial descion. And honestly poorly handled since he beat Mongul in Engine City/Coast City...next three issues zilch/zero/nada.

The Issue #48 he goes bonkers.

Literally from Ron Marz...asked him once...since he's stated he loved Hal.

They bring Ron Marz and the first thing they tell him is his first story arc has to be the destruction of the GL corps...to coincide with Zero Hour(which in many ways was Legion of Super heroes re-boot).

So Ron Marz has to in in three issues destroy Hal/corps/and create new GL...then have said new GL in mini series.

Sadly this wasn't the last time DC screwed with him...Donna Try/Kyle was another of DC favoring another writer over another(or more specifically John Byrne[in his truly worst piece of work....seriously his WW was his lowest point and made me wonder is this the same man who wrote Man of Steel])

Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Yeah, the alternate storyline that was going to happen before this whole melt down crap was cooler. Basically, the GLs and the Guardians are faced with a group claiming to be the real Guardians. End result: Hal finds out that the Guardians somehow arranged for his fathers death, they wanted him to be a Lantern. Also, he ends up becoming an uber GL, because his ring is destroyed and he absorbs all the energy in the battery.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

MKSheppard wrote: I want to see Cyclops in bed for a month all bandaged up after he falls
through a floor and breaks his legs :twisted:
Oh, I agree with you wholeheartedly here. I despise ol' "Stick-up-my-ass".

But, I have to say that the artwork on the X-series comics has gone so far downhill. It's like they just slap something together to get the book out.
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Not too bad. It could have been worse. He could have been beated to death by Jubilee, or something.