Hulk

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Okay.

But does he say "Hulk smash?"
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Dark Hellion wrote:Don't overthink a Hulk movie.
You will enjoy the movie if all you want is to see someone get angry, turn green, then smash shit.
No you won't. The Large Green One barely gets any screentime. If it was just about someone who gets angry, turns green and smashes shit I would probably have enjoyed it a lot more than I did. Trouble is, it tried to be more than that and failed miserably.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

neoolong wrote:Okay.

But does he say "Hulk smash?"
No. Other than one or two lines, he doesn't talk when he's the Hulk.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Crazy Goji
Padawan Learner

Post by Crazy Goji »

I don't see what your beef is. The Hulk was pretty good. Or atleast I thought it was.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

No "Hulk smash?" But that's like his thing, the thing that he says. :(
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I know I wanted a "HULK SMASH!!!" as well but... you can't get it all. It was enjoyable for 1 watching. See a matinee, its not worth the full ticket price.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I thought it was stupid. I now have a new saying since all these comic book movies are coming out.

'You can't make Spiderman twice'

Tell me if ya'll agree.
Adelfi
Youngling

Post by Adelfi »

I thought it was beautifully shot. Ang Lee did a wonderful job of setting up scenic and beautiful shots that will last with me forever. I Lved the "timecode" like multiple-camera-angle-for-a-single-shot thing. I really really enjoyed all scenes with the Hulk and god damn if Jennifer Connelly is not one of the most physically perfect women I've seen. I was fond of the art house approach in depicting the Gamma incident itself. The whole Beast behind the door thing was cool. so was the iso frame shot of that dickhead getting done in by his own grenade.

That being said I thought the movie itself was horrible. That whole Papa Banner doing the Crusher Creel routine 3/4 of the way into the movie killed it for me. The dialogue was the most overwritten and melodramatic pile of ass crap I've heard in a while (well since reloaded anyway) Ergo thus Vis a vi those 3 screenwriters totally shat on Peter David's entire 12 year run on the Hulk. Even now the stiff and forced dialogue still rings in my ear painfully.

As far as the acting goes I have to say that I'm proud of the entire cast for doing such a good job (Particularly Nolte and Connelly) in spite of a totally tras makies screenplay.

I also think Bana would've made a better Clark Kent than Bruce Banner.

Though I doubt it's gonna happen I'd love to see a sequel directed again by Lee but this time with a script written by a team of Joss Whedon, David Hayter, Peter David and (god we should be so lucky) Straczynski himself.

I give it a C+.
Honest Effort , Bad Script, Even worse Screenplay, Beautifully shot.
G'kar's a real pimp
Good for him
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Review

Post by thecreech »

I saw it. Thought it was great. I like the way ang lee had it done in a comic style presentation (panel like camera work). The CGI was amazing for the most part. All the actors did a great job. Stan lee and the original hulk (sorry i forget his name) walking out of the building together was funny. Overall i give the movie a -A
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

I didn't find there was enough action and way too many scenes leading to nothing.

Also, that fucking split screen bullshit was seriously pissing me off.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

here is an interview with the Lou F.

Interview
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

It was incredibly well done, well cast and scenic views were awesome. However, I thought there needed to be a lot more "Hulk" time. Hopefully if they make a sequel there'll be a lot more Hulk and action.

I did think the battles between the Hulk and the military in the desert were excellent. They just needed more.

As for Nolte's David Banner. I think that in a way they set him up to be like a variety of Hulk villans. After his deal with the gamma whositt he did seem like the Absorbing Man. Then when he absorbed all that electricity he remineded me of Zzzax. I kept waiting for him to leach off some of the Hulk's powers so he'd end up slugging it out with him.

I really hope that if they decide to make another one that we'll get the Abomination as an adversary for the Hulk.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Silly question "How long does the movie last 2h or 1h and 30min"
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

2 and a half believe