Galvatron vs Apocalypse

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Galvatron vs Apocalypse

Post by Dark Primus »

The comic version of Galvatron vs one of the most powerful mutants in X-Men universe. Who do you think will win?
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

I don't know too much about the comic version of galvatron... does he have anything outstanding that i should know of
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

theheap wrote:I don't know too much about the comic version of galvatron... does he have anything outstanding that i should know of
Firepower, brute strength. Nearly wiped out the entire Autobot race in one TF timeline. Took combined ranks of Autobots and Decepticons trying to defeat him and barely succeeded. But as long Unicron is around then more powerful he becomes.

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Unless it's the UK version of Galvatron, where, as far as I can tell, he's invincible unless Unicron goes down.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

SirNitram wrote:Unless it's the UK version of Galvatron, where, as far as I can tell, he's invincible unless Unicron goes down.
Holy crap. He can't be THAT powerful? :shock:

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Dark Primus wrote:
SirNitram wrote:Unless it's the UK version of Galvatron, where, as far as I can tell, he's invincible unless Unicron goes down.
Holy crap. He can't be THAT powerful? :shock:
Well, maybe I spoke hastily. Here's how I remember the mechanism:

Galvatron is often hit with weapons that blow lesser Transformers down and make holes, laughs it off. This indicates a shield.

He makes several comments that he gains power from Unicron.

Unicron, at least in the UK comics, IS A GOD. A supreme being. Kill his body, he comes back.

I cannot recall an instance where Galvatron actually was harmed. He expresses fear of death, HOWEVER, this is only when Megatron's life is threatened(Paradox!).

I may have been hasty in declaring him fully invincible, but he's proven impervious to anything the Autobots and Decepticons can throw together in the UK edition.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

SirNitram wrote:
Dark Primus wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
I cannot recall an instance where Galvatron actually was harmed. He expresses fear of death, HOWEVER, this is only when Megatron's life is threatened(Paradox!).
Thats interesting... so how did they beat him?
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

theheap wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
Dark Primus wrote: Thats interesting... so how did they beat him?
I can't actually remember. I think they eventually either tricked him away, or the fucking with the fact Megatron wasn't going to be leader of Decepticons, therefore Galvatron would not be made finally hit a critical point and Galvatron had to flee.

Keep in mind, in that continuity, fucking with time creates a fissue, not a paradox. And fissures EAT PEOPLE.

ZShade
Jedi Knight

Post by ZShade »

Uh, Galvatron did take damage during the UK run. Roadbuster used an experiment Decepticon weapon to blast off half of Galvy's face during the Time Wars, remember? He wasn't invincible, just very tough.
Twist the World and Ride the Wind

Cybertron's Finest - Justice League - Mecha Maniacs
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

ZShade wrote:Uh, Galvatron did take damage during the UK run. Roadbuster used an experiment Decepticon weapon to blast off half of Galvy's face during the Time Wars, remember? He wasn't invincible, just very tough.
I remember that. But then the weapon exploded and killed Roadbuster?

ZShade
Jedi Knight

Post by ZShade »

Dark Primus wrote:I remember that. But then the weapon exploded and killed Roadbuster?
Yep. Still, at least he died after smacking Galvy a good one, unlike most of the rest of the Wreckers and the Mayhem Squad.

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

ZShade wrote:
Dark Primus wrote:I remember that. But then the weapon exploded and killed Roadbuster?
Yep. Still, at least he died after smacking Galvy a good one, unlike most of the rest of the Wreckers and the Mayhem Squad.
I never saw that issue, apparantly. Don't suppose you know which number it was?

ZShade
Jedi Knight

Post by ZShade »

SirNitram wrote:I never saw that issue, apparantly. Don't suppose you know which number it was?
It's UK issue 203. :)

Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

He still couldn't kill Apocalypse.

I know Galvatron is impressive, but Apocalypse is a demigod himself. He's a truly, truly awesome warrior, and he's nigh invulnerable to anything short of super-psionic attacks (hence Cable and Stryfe are his real foes - no one else ever killed him). He also has access to Celestial technology, which totally blows away anything the transformer had.

This is not to say Glavatron couldn't kill Apocalypse, simply that the battle would be on no less than even grounds.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

ZShade wrote:
SirNitram wrote:I never saw that issue, apparantly. Don't suppose you know which number it was?
*reads*

Damn, that looks like it hurt. But that Galvatron's in a bit of a pickle: Unicron, at that time, is out of comission. I might be alone in saying this, but it strikes me as logical that if one's source of power is gone, one might be a tiny bit more vunerable than before.

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Fools!! I would destroy Apocalypse with my bare hands!

Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

SirNitram wrote:
ZShade wrote:
*reads*

Damn, that looks like it hurt. But that Galvatron's in a bit of a pickle: Unicron, at that time, is out of comission. I might be alone in saying this, but it strikes me as logical that if one's source of power is gone, one might be a tiny bit more vunerable than before.
I don't think so. Time Wars is suppose to be prior to the Underbase Saga if my memory serves me correct. Than Unicron would be fully funtional. And UK TF is suppose to take place in between the American comics.

David Deas
Redshirt

Galvatron *should* win, I would guess

Post by David Deas »

Galvatron had an *extremely* powerful antimatter cannon (positrons) capable of wiping out entire planets.

He destroyed two planets (Goo and Torkulon) just by shooting them.
Do you know what I hate most about humans? Nature...war...God...you think you can control it all...I don't know what's larger. Your arrogance or your stupidity. -- Megatron
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Dark Primus wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
ZShade wrote: It's UK issue 203. :)
*reads*

I don't think so. Time Wars is suppose to be prior to the Underbase Saga if my memory serves me correct. Than Unicron would be fully funtional. And UK TF is suppose to take place in between the American comics.
I've never seen any UK comics which involved the Underbase. As for the UK and US comics being together? Uh, are you on crack? Galvatron only appears near the end of the 80-issue G1 run, while Galvatron appears multiple times in the UK run. And the UK one isn't the spiteful asshole from the US, he loves working for Unicron and causing devastation! Not to mention the origin of some groups doesn't mesh..

My assumption that it was after Unicron died, was that 1) It was after Unicron's return arc, and 2) The future point which Galvatron apparantly came from is 2009, a year after the events of Unicron's return on Planet Junk.

Again, I've no idea what would support the idea they're the same run.. There's quite a bit against it, especially when you realize the revelations in the Matrix Quest arc in the US make it downright impossible.

ZShade
Jedi Knight

Post by ZShade »

Uh, the UK Galvatron's first story arc was about his attempt to destroy Unicron by building a massive weapon in his past, and firing it in his present (#78-88 Target 2006, and recently reprinted!). He's never cared for being Unicron's slave.

Anyway, the UK comics were mostly US reprints, with Simon Furman having to work his new material around it. The Underbase saga was reprinted around the Time Wars story arc. I think after Simon started writing the US comic, he continued to work on the UK stories as well. Of course, the UK Earthforce stories are about impossible to work into the US run, which is kinda sad, considering some of those stories are really damn funny.

The Galvatron who appeared at the end of the US comic run was stated to be a Galvatron from an alternate future that Unicron kidnapped to serve as his agent in the present. No reason why the UK Galvy can't be from an alternate future himself. He even was made to believe it at the end of Target 2006. On a side note, Simon's repeating that AGAIN, this time in Armada #14. :?

As for Unicron being out of comission, he never really gets killed. Even after his head gets blown up on the Planet of Junk, he somehow launches a THIRD attack on Cybertron in the future (related in UK issue 227), and Rodimus is forced to absorb Unicron's essence into the Matrix. Again. (UK issue 151.)

Continuity? Transformers don't need continuity! :D

David Deas
Redshirt

Post by David Deas »

theheap wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
Dark Primus wrote: Thats interesting... so how did they beat him?
It took a rift in space/time.
Do you know what I hate most about humans? Nature...war...God...you think you can control it all...I don't know what's larger. Your arrogance or your stupidity. -- Megatron
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Well Apoc should in theory be a threat almost on par with Thanos and Darkseid (before Darkseid became a jobber).

As Apoc is mostly written, he'll get beaten down. Though if written correctly, he should at least stalemate Galvatron, if not plain out beat him.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Yeah, you've gotta decide if it's theoretical Apoc or actual Apoc.

He's written poorly, but his abilities on paper should make him an absolute beast.