Flash (when not like an idiot) vs Yoda (ditto)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Flash (when not like an idiot) vs Yoda (ditto)

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Ok, the Flash should be well be godly if it wasn't for the fact that he acts like an idiot nearly 24/7. And actually decided to do more than charge in and punch.

to keep it fair, Flash is only allowed to go as fast as Yoda can. But he can still use his other speed tricks.

Who wins?
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Limiting the Flash to Yoda's speed? Why even bother using the Flash, then?

Anyway... despite how fast the Flash can move, he still stays in the present. If Yoda is in full concentration and knows what to expect, he can use his ability to cloud the Flash's mind to distract him from the fact that he just ran, at Super-Speed, through Yoda's lightsaber.

If the Flash has the advantage of surprise... well... this is where the argument "Why are you taking away 99% of the Flash's power?" comes in.
The Great and Malignant
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I've got a dumb question? Why do people always say that precog powers will allow a Jedi to always win? I mean, logically, if the enemy is beyond the Jedis ability to fight, wouldn't the Jedis precog show them being defeated?
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

And no, that wasn't directed at you, SPOOFE, just in general.

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Gil Hamilton wrote:I've got a dumb question? Why do people always say that precog powers will allow a Jedi to always win? I mean, logically, if the enemy is beyond the Jedis ability to fight, wouldn't the Jedis precog show them being defeated?
Well, it really helps them in this case.

The Jedi know Flash will charge at him and punch him before Flash moves his foot, and when he does, wham, Flash gets a mouthful of lightsaber.

But then, Flash has light speed reaction.... right?
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Well, it really helps them in this case.

The Jedi know Flash will charge at him and punch him before Flash moves his foot, and when he does, wham, Flash gets a mouthful of lightsaber.

Yeah, but appearantly the thread maker specifically stated that the Flash was limited to how fast Yoda could move, which is 99.999999% slower than the Flash is capable of.

Parallax
Jedi Knight

Post by Parallax »

If Wally still keeps his other abilities then he needn't charge in at all - he can steal any objects speed for instance. Or he can vibrate so he's intangible and run through any given object causing it to explode.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Well, it really helps them in this case.

Yeah, but appearantly the thread maker specifically stated that the Flash was limited to how fast Yoda could move, which is 99.999999% slower than the Flash is capable of.

Hmph, that sucks....

Which Flash are we talking about? The dumb funny one from the Justice League cartoon show?
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Well, under normal circumstances the Flash would win, no contest. Precog would be usless if, even if you know the attack is coming, you still can't act quickly enough to avoid it. With the Flash neutered as he is here, then, well, this whole thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it?
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Flash is way to damn fast for Yoda, sure Yoda's got precog but it's not good enough precog to save Yoda from getting thrown into a wall at about 50% the speed of light. Flash can add shitloads of momentum to objects, if Yoda moves he's fucked.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Dizzy D
Youngling

Post by Dizzy D »

Flash may be allowed only as fast as Yoda can, but that doesn't stop him from lending near-lighstpeed to whatever small objects he can pick up and throw at Yoda.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Yoda could just pick flash up with TK. hold him in mid air and chop him up.
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

theheap wrote:Yoda could just pick flash up with TK. hold him in mid air and chop him up.
Would this be before Flash steals Yoda's speed until glaciers can out-run him, or after.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Yogi wrote:
theheap wrote:Yoda could just pick flash up with TK. hold him in mid air and chop him up.
Would this be before Flash steals Yoda's speed until glaciers can out-run him, or after.
this would be before
Soulman
Padawan Learner

Post by Soulman »

When I saw Flash I thought FLASH GORDON, did anyone else, or am I just crazy?
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Soulman wrote:When I saw Flash I thought FLASH GORDON, did anyone else, or am I just crazy?
I'm ashamed to say, i did. I dunno why, i've never watched it, and am much more familiar with the flash from Justice League.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

theheap wrote:this would be before
Won't happen. The Flash reacts too quickly, even if he can't run any fast than Yoda can in this thread. There is no way Yoda will have the time do do this.

thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
theheap wrote:this would be before
Won't happen. The Flash reacts too quickly, even if he can't run any fast than Yoda can in this thread. There is no way Yoda will have the time do do this.
actually that was more or less just a joke. I don't doubt that flash would win
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Flash when not acting like an idiot:

Able to learn at lightspeeds (he learned how to reprogram a nuclear missle on the spot).

Able to give speed. Aka Yoda going from 1000m/s to 1,000,000 m/s. Kinda hard for yoda to adjust to that in the spot. Also can heat up items because he can also give/steal KI. So he can speed up the atoms in the lightsaber or Yoda's body.

Can steal speed, to where Yoda is a statue. Or the electric impluses in Yoda's body to where he can't even think. Also can steal KI, so if something hot comes his way he can make it a nice 70 degrees F.

He has outran instant teleportation (with loads of help of stealing a planets worth of speed).

Time Travel.

Intangability

Infinite mass punches E=mc^2 right

And probably a few others that I'm forgetting at the moment.

now due to the limitation that he can only move as Yoda, that takes out Time Travel and outrunning instant teleportation (aka being in 2 places at the same time).

Assuming that Flash isn't acting like an idiot (as per the thread here). He could slow down the items Yoda tosses at him via TK, slow Yoda down so he's a statue. Land one infinite mass punch, make Yodas temp close to absolute zero, or make Yoda burn on the spot (giving and/or taking KI). Go intangable through all of Yoda's blows, or stop Yoda from even thinking thus being unable to use TK, or much less anything else.

Course this is why they make the flash an idiot in the comics, if they didn't then only godlike beings could beat him, and that makes for bad stories. Heck, Flash should in all right defeat Superman (it doesn't matter if its Prime, 1 million, Sun Dipped, Pre Crisis or whatever) with ease.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

And amazing the guy who creates the thread ignore the one thing that he LIMITED Flash to.

I don't see Yoda quite able to go c speeds :roll: .

Also I'd like to point out Yoda has other avenues of attacks that every Flash has shown great vulnerabilty to(in fact one of his major villains have and still use it, and most of the times is the greatest vulnerability he has).
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

You know what, I usually like limited versus threads but shinji, you have got to be the stupidest fucking moron in the world. The flash is the flash because he moves at rediculous speeds. Stop being a stupid fuck and learn to make acceptable versus threads. You hiko vs. yoda one was ok, but you defended it so ungodly idioticly that you looked like a troll. The yoda vs. zodd was just fucking stupid. And somehow you have managed to outdo yourself again. Hang you head in shame you little idiot. you give a bad name to anime fans everywhere with your name and you style and generallly piss everyone off. Including myself, and i rarely talk unless really fucking pissed, or poking fun. Look at my post count versus join date.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Coming up next: Darth Vader versus Superman in a straitjacket made of kryptonite.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Slartibartfast wrote:Coming up next: Darth Vader versus Superman in a straitjacket made of kryptonite.
Yeah im not sure why everyone insists on lowering said hero/villian/god powers. It doesn't make the debate very fun
Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Post by Cosmic Average »

To be fair, I think the main purpose of this thread was to show that Flash has more powers than just moving very quickly. Such as his ability to redirect kinetic energy, normally when he adds or subtracts speed, mostly to himself, but occasionally he lends speed to other JLA members.

Really, if they were placed in front of each other about five yards apart, and Flash could move at the exact speed as Yoda, he'd be able to steal Yoda's speed, stopping his brain and heart.
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Ghost Rider wrote:And amazing the guy who creates the thread ignore the one thing that he LIMITED Flash to.

I don't see Yoda quite able to go c speeds :roll: .

Also I'd like to point out Yoda has other avenues of attacks that every Flash has shown great vulnerabilty to(in fact one of his major villains have and still use it, and most of the times is the greatest vulnerability he has).
I listed the powers of the flash, and I said which ones wouldn't be able to be used due to the limitation. How does that make me an idiot? Flash has more powers that just run really fast and punch a buncha times.