Order of the Pheonix, mini-reviews *possible spoiler*

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Order of the Pheonix, mini-reviews *possible spoiler*

Post by Steven Snyder »

I found these at
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.net/blogger.shtml
Let me just say that I am loving Book 5 so far. I am currently through Chapter 15. I took a short break to eat, use the "facilities" and tell everyone what I thought before I continue reading it. I am a manager at my local Borders bookstore and we just received our shipment today. We received 39 boxes, or 390 copies of OotP. I won't give anything away other than this: Harry's emotions take a drastic change in this book. It's as if he's a completely different person. He is acting quite "rash" to his friends, and they are just trying to help him cope with what's going on. The book truly is an "overstuffed" novel, but it won't disappoint true Harry fans.
And...
Let me just add, this: having read half the book already, I just want to warn everyone that this book is very diffrent from the optomistic and innocent Harry we met in Sorceror's Stone. He's very angry in this book and alienating all those he loves. It's strange.
I am not sure what to make of them, but there they are.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Raging teenage hormones.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Lonestar wrote:Raging teenage hormones.
That and realizing he could probably get nearly any girl :P

Nice to see if this pans out.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

The body count better be rackin' up.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I'm waiting for the SAS team to storm Hogwarts.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Just how would they do that, I bet there is some sort of protection spell on Hogwharts or something, although that would be cool to see, but it would be too much like X2.
Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Post by Steven Snyder »

After mulling over this today...

Perhaps witnessing the death of his fellow student in Book 4 has hardened him. Perhaps Voldemort left a litle more influence in him that we realize and it is now awakening...
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Maybe I ought to read this series.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.