Hulk movie

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Hulk movie

Post by thecreech »

how many of you are excited about this movie? I don't know why but i can't wait. I think it looks bad ass.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

I hope it'll be good. Looks alright from the trailers and commercials. And part of it was filmed here. :D
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Hulk looks........nice.

Seriously three things in the preview just made me go bleh.

1. Banner like being the Savage Hulk(something I enjoyed about the comics...Banner is this pretty much anal bastard while the Hulk is the exact opposite and them despising each other).

2. Hulk Dogs....the things just look dumb.

3. The dad bit.

Cool things.

Hulk bashing tanks and stuff...seriously the desert scenes look awesome.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Ghost Rider wrote:Hulk looks........nice.

Seriously three things in the preview just made me go bleh.

1. Banner like being the Savage Hulk(something I enjoyed about the comics...Banner is this pretty much anal bastard while the Hulk is the exact opposite and them despising each other).

2. Hulk Dogs....the things just look dumb.

3. The dad bit.

Cool things.

Hulk bashing tanks and stuff...seriously the desert scenes look awesome.
I agree with you on the hulk dogs. I love the the preview of him jumping, it looks sweet. As far as banner like being savage... I don't have as much of a problem with it as you do. If i were banner i would like it to.
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

When I first saw the trailers I was really disappointed. Hulk just looked poor. Somewhere along the way though they must have redone the CGI. I saw the trailer again and he looked ten times better.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Mark S wrote:When I first saw the trailers I was really disappointed. Hulk just looked poor. Somewhere along the way though they must have redone the CGI. I saw the trailer again and he looked ten times better.
You know what i thought the same thing. He looked like crap and then all of a sudden he looked awesome.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Mark S wrote:When I first saw the trailers I was really disappointed. Hulk just looked poor. Somewhere along the way though they must have redone the CGI. I saw the trailer again and he looked ten times better.
It seems like they weren't done with the CGI when they released the first trailers, like during the Super Bowl. Kind of a work in progress.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

And for those paying attention.

There are M1A2s as well as F/A-22s and RAH-66s in the movie.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Throwing a tank in circles by holding onto the main gun hurts my brain in many ways.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Howedar wrote:Throwing a tank in circles by holding onto the main gun hurts my brain in many ways.
yes yes, we all know that the turrent'd pop off... But DAMN don't it look Cool!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

LadyTevar wrote:
Howedar wrote:Throwing a tank in circles by holding onto the main gun hurts my brain in many ways.
yes yes, we all know that the turrent'd pop off... But DAMN don't it look Cool!
Amen to that.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

It looks horrid. I hate it.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Howedar wrote:It looks horrid. I hate it.
Calm down no one says you have to watch it. Just close your eyes durning that part
Joe Momma
Jedi Knight

Post by Joe Momma »

Just remember that all superheroes have the same power: they can ignore the laws of physics in selected ways. So it's okay if they do the impossible. :)

BTW, here's a related question for somebody who's not a physics 'tard like I am: for him to spin aorund with the tank like that wouldn't he have to be heavier than it was to stay in place?

-- Joe Momma
It's okay to kiss a nun; just don't get into the habit.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Technically no, but he certainly couldn't spin like that as he is.
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Howedar wrote:Technically no, but he certainly couldn't spin like that as he is.
No, no, no, this is a Marvel adamantium tank, made out of one giant solid piece of metal. Trust me, it works :wink:
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I'm pretty psyched about it. It lookes bitchin'.

But Utsanomiko and I will still have to see X2 first...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The way Hulk jumps reminds me of the Agents in Matrix2, and the commercials have cool sounds and effects.

Hulk looks like a fat ass muscle bound monster creature.

I'm gonna watch it, let's hope it pwns Spiderflop and DeadDevil.
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Jesus its a movie, click your brain off and enjoy it. :roll:

Anywho, that thing looks totally awesome; in nine days me and the boys are definately going to go see it. The Hulk was just totally ripping up those tanks, and jumping around that canyon running from the choppers. I can't wait.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Joe Momma wrote:
Just remember that all superheroes have the same power: they can ignore the laws of physics in selected ways. So it's okay if they do the impossible. :)

BTW, here's a related question for somebody who's not a physics 'tard like I am: for him to spin aorund with the tank like that wouldn't he have to be heavier than it was to stay in place?

-- Joe Momma
Hey if they can make three puny female "Charlie`s Angels" do superhero stuff then a real superhero can do much better. :wink:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

Was it just me, or was one of the Commanches in the Hulk trailer flying backwards even though it had it's nose pointed down?
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Tragic
Padawan Learner

Post by Tragic »

I heard that in the first hour of the movie you don't see the hulk. I wonder if thats true.

If it is true that movie better be 3 hours. :twisted:
"The point of war isn't to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" Gen. George Patton.
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I'm gonna watch it, let's hope it pwns Spiderflop and DeadDevil.
Where do you get off calling Spider-Man "Spiderflop"? It made gazillions of dollars, and kicked ass to boot.

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Temjin wrote:Was it just me, or was one of the Commanches in the Hulk trailer flying backwards even though it had it's nose pointed down?
I just watched it, and one of the helicopters does indeed turn around and move backwards a bit with its nose pointed down the entire time.

Joe Momma
Jedi Knight

Post by Joe Momma »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:The way Hulk jumps reminds me of the Agents in Matrix2, and the commercials have cool sounds and effects.
A friend of mine baked my noodle the other day with this little tidbit:

"No normal person jumping on a car would look like it did in the Matrix. I can't wait until they show how a real guy would do it in the Hulk."

-- Joe Momma

(No, he's never seen the Matrix movies, just the trailers...)
It's okay to kiss a nun; just don't get into the habit.