Only a Little while until the Next Harry Potter Book.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

Let the hokey lineage theroies, BEGIN!

Whoops. Too late......
Hey, what if DARTH VADER is Harry's father? That would explain his affinity for getting evil overlords pissed off! :wink:
Or maybe not.
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Well, I'm looking really forward to see Dumbledore in action a bit more :)

The scene at the end of GoF was quite telling when Dumbledore burst into the room :mrgreen:

Another question begging to be answered is where all that money comes from Harry's got in the family vault...
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

Dahak wrote:Well, I'm looking really forward to see Dumbledore in action a bit more :)

The scene at the end of GoF was quite telling when Dumbledore burst into the room :mrgreen:

Another question begging to be answered is where all that money comes from Harry's got in the family vault...
His lack of action made him lose to Gandalf the Grey at www.gurdge-match.com.

On the other hand, a demigod is cooler than a faculty member, *period*.
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Perhaps you mean:

www.grudge-match.com
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

Lonestar wrote:Perhaps you mean:

www.grudge-match.com
Thank you
Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Post by Steven Snyder »

I put my money on Dumbledore getting whacked in book 5, he is Voldemort's main problem now...
mauldooku
Jedi Master

Post by mauldooku »

While book 4 was quite good, I lost interest in the series when Rowling didn't write another boko for fucking YEARS. I'll probably read it at some point, but there's no driving ambition to ;(

Most likely character to die? No clue ;(
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Steven Snyder wrote:I put my money on Dumbledore getting whacked in book 5, he is Voldemort's main problem now...
As far as information goes, he didn't directly confront Dumbledore even in his heyday, I don't know if he will now.
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Steven Snyder wrote:I put my money on Dumbledore getting whacked in book 5, he is Voldemort's main problem now...
Doubtful, since in one chat session about what she tells actors, she mentions how she tells people of how many movies they'll be in(aside from other nick nack things)...and Dumbledore is in all of them is something she blantantly said.

Though of Rob Coltrane's length(Hagrid) on the other hand was very evasive of how many he'll be in.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I wonder if Harry's recollection is incorrect, though. When Voldemorte's wand was barfing up the old spells, Lily and James were recovered in the wrong order.

In regards to why James and Lily made a stand, I wonder if Dumbledore knew what was going to happen and sacrificed them in an effort to slay Voldemorte.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Master of Ossus wrote:I wonder if Harry's recollection is incorrect, though. When Voldemorte's wand was barfing up the old spells, Lily and James were recovered in the wrong order.

In regards to why James and Lily made a stand, I wonder if Dumbledore knew what was going to happen and sacrificed them in an effort to slay Voldemorte.
in the book yes if u get the tapes it corrects that
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Doubtful, since in one chat session about what she tells actors, she mentions how she tells people of how many movies they'll be in(aside from other nick nack things)...and Dumbledore is in all of them is something she blantantly said.

Though of Rob Coltrane's length(Hagrid) on the other hand was very evasive of how many he'll be in.
My money is already on Hagrid getting wasted.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Master of Ossus wrote:I wonder if Harry's recollection is incorrect, though. When Voldemorte's wand was barfing up the old spells, Lily and James were recovered in the wrong order.
That's the second time I heard that, but in PoA, Harry hears his mother dieing last, and in GoF his mother comes out before his father (as the wand is showing all the spells in reverse), so do I have a later more correct edition or something?
That really depends on whether or not you view Harry as being 'special' or 'important' or just a victim of circumstances (see earlier pages for more explanation). However since Dumbledore flat out volunteered to be the Potter's secret keeper, I doubt that he sacrificed them.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Post by Steven Snyder »

Crown wrote:That's the second time I heard that, but in PoA, Harry hears his mother dieing last, and in GoF his mother comes out before his father (as the wand is showing all the spells in reverse), so do I have a later more correct edition or something?
That is a known goof in the books. There are a few of them and this a big one. I believe it was corrected in the later printings.