Dragonball Z, Ssi-ruu entech and Matrix human generators

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Post by The Drunkard Kid »

consequences wrote:I'm arguing for chi/ki here, not series that claim to use magic, Samas, please don't do that.

I am not talking about Calories, I'm talking about near total energy conversion. Think energy results from matter/antimatter detonation.

Think about it, when have ytou ever seen a character in these series taking a dump? :D
Er... We have seen Mutenroshi recieve a telepathic communication from Goku while he was sitting on the can...

But to get back onto the main point, I also haven't seen them spontaneously lose limbs from the amount of mass that they'd have to burn off, considering the amount of damage they do (barring Hinako, who's a special case). Not to mention that in Ranma 1/2, Ranma, Ryouga and Herb can apparently toss out ki-blasts over and over without getting even remotely tired. If ki/chi really *is* based on the amount of food that you eat, then Herb shouldn't be anywhere near as strong as he was shown, since he doesn't seem to eat much more than Ranma, considering their relative sizes. Not to mention that there would be no reason why he'd be so much weaker in his female form. Heck, Ranma's major endurance feat for his speed was when he was in his girl form and starved to the point that her hips had become thinner than her waist was at the start of the training (showing that she actually *lost* mass), and had been collapsing from exhaustion and hunger before the fight started.

With DBZ, I think that ki's recoil effect has basically been shown as something that's controlled completely by the user, assuming they are skilled enough (which fits in with the *other* factors that they can control, including but not restricted to, speed, power, range, locking, effect, etc...). If Goku wants to get a speed boost, he can fire a Kamehameha from his feet and blow himself foreward. If he doesn't, then if he's beaten to the point that he can't even stand up, he can put all his remaining power into a blast strong enough to blow out Oozaru Vegeta's eye without being budged one inch. Heck, IIRC, we see this flat out shown in Kuririn's battle with Jackie Chun, where he tried to use the Kamehameha, but didn't have enough skill to keep from blowing himself out of the ring.

And of course, there was that other point I made: You're main argument against DBZ ki/chi is that it doesn't even vaguely obey the concepts of conservation of momentum or conservation of energy, yet you seem able to suspend disbelief when it is mentioned that the *entire* SW *universe* doesn't have enough power to make a turnip go FTL, much less the entire friggin' Death Star. Which, coincidentally, would be exactly the same, ie: infinity.
"What's that smear on the wall, Mommy?"
"That used to be Spider-Man, honey."
"What killed him?"
"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Bugle said it was a zipper, and I believe the Bugle."
"Wow, he musta been real stupid, huh?"
"Yes honey, he was."