Here's a goofy one for ya.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

T-1000
Padawan Learner

Post by T-1000 »

Btw, this is off topic but what is with those stars that are above my avatar. Don't get me wrong, they are totally cool looking but what do they mean? Did I post above a certain number for the day or something?
Look not to the hands of God for the keys to your salvation, but to your own hands. And if they are not there, search your pockets, or the kitchen table. Think. Where did you leave them last?
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

T-1000 wrote:Btw, this is off topic but what is with those stars that are above my avatar. Don't get me wrong, they are totally cool looking but what do they mean? Did I post above a certain number for the day or something?
The more stars you have, the earlier you've joined in this board's history.

[/End hijack]
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

T-1000 wrote:Btw, this is off topic but what is with those stars that are above my avatar. Don't get me wrong, they are totally cool looking but what do they mean? Did I post above a certain number for the day or something?
You know some people read the Announcement forum... Having said that 1 star for every 3 months you have been registered. :wink:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

Also, (assuming they start off standing some distance apart) seeing as G & G can physically go to Palpy and Vader and physically punch their brains flying across the continent in the time it takes for them to start their TK... :roll:

And a normal energy blast from G&G, no charge-up at all, can blow up Earth... :roll:
Busily picking nuggets out of my well-greased ass.
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

Well, I think you can see that went to the wrong thread :D
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

No, that's in the right thread :oops:

My eyes... :? :shock:
T-1000
Padawan Learner

Post by T-1000 »

JodoForce wrote:No, that's in the right thread :oops:

Really, it's your face that's killing me. :D

I'm just joking. I couldn't resist. Nothing personal, I just had to say it.
Look not to the hands of God for the keys to your salvation, but to your own hands. And if they are not there, search your pockets, or the kitchen table. Think. Where did you leave them last?
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

JodoForce wrote:Also, (assuming they start off standing some distance apart) seeing as G & G can physically go to Palpy and Vader and physically punch their brains flying across the continent in the time it takes for them to start their TK... :roll:
Well lets see, SSJ Gotenks, lapped the earth 7 to 8 times in one panel, Which more or less means that he moved at or near light speeds. SSJ3 Goku is above that, and Chou Gohan is so far about that, that it isn't even funny. So lets see, we have 2 beings that can go at least speeds aprroaching the speed of light, which is faster than the impluses in our brains. Charging at two people with well TK as their only chance. And those two TK rely on impluses in their brian which travel far far slower than the speed that Gohan and Goku are traveling at. Yea, I'd bet on Goku and Gohan tagging Palpatine and Vader before they even got it off.
And a normal energy blast from G&G, no charge-up at all, can blow up Earth... :roll:
Think about this. In earily DBZ, Piccolo blows up the moon without any visible charging of his Masenko senpu (Special Beam Cannon). Now Buu saga Goku, that Gokou being at least several thousand times stronger, if not a million times stronger, should be able to do the same to a planet (the earth is only 6 times larger than our moon, and our planet is one of the larger solid planets around too).
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Has anyone noticed how many DBZ supporters have signed up in the last 2 days?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Well don't make a topic that so absurbly lop sided and say that the underdogs slaughter the should be winners.

Really, you might as well have made a topic about human X vs Q from Star Trek for a fight and had people say that human X would win.
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

T-1000 wrote:
JodoForce wrote:No, that's in the right thread :oops:

Really, it's your face that's killing me. :D

I'm just joking. I couldn't resist. Nothing personal, I just had to say it.
:?
It's killing you how? :D
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Gandalf wrote:Has anyone noticed how many DBZ supporters have signed up in the last 2 days?
Here's a secret.

A lot of them are actually from CBR. A few of us cross-members mentioned this thread over here, laughed their heads off at the Sith suppourters, and decided on a short invasion on this thread.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

Well, that settles that.

If it's any consolation to the warsies, the Culture would utterly rape everyone in the DBZ universe except possibly Buu :D
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Shinova wrote:There's a reason why many say SW will win. That is because, if you remember, Goku went down from a heart diesease and he would've died had it not been for Trunks and his cure. A heart diesease requires forces, pressures, and such that are FAR less than the stuff the DBZ people regularly deal with in fights.

Which means, Vader or Palpatine can simply reach out and mess up the DBZ warriors' hearts. Similarily, they can go after their brains and physically turn them into mush.

Unless you can show us, from DBZ, an example of where a DBZ fighter actively resists a ranged telekinetic that targets an actual part of their body like an internal organ, then it stands that a Force user can kill or at least cripple a DBZ fighter by messing with their internal organs.
Even if the Sith could do that, it would mean that Goku and Gohan are just standing around, doing nothing, while the Sith gather the Force and make their attack. Face it, Shinova. Palpy and Vader are going to be dead before they can even lift their arms to and gather the Force.
JADAFETWA
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

Meh. Going by the logic of people here, it seems that Palpy and Vader can crush a god in any story if that story doesn't say anything about telekinesis... :roll: What's worse is that DBZ DOES mention TK :roll:

Looks like we've won though (no help from me :) )
Strider119
Youngling

Post by Strider119 »

SAMAS wrote:
Gandalf wrote:Has anyone noticed how many DBZ supporters have signed up in the last 2 days?
Here's a secret.

A lot of them are actually from CBR. A few of us cross-members mentioned this thread over here, laughed their heads off at the Sith suppourters, and decided on a short invasion on this thread.

Not just CBR, we got some SHCers here too

piece of the pie:
Strider119
Think you can cook? I got a grappling hook
Let's make this quick cuz I'm really booked
I'm a devious degenerate, defender of the devil
Shut down all the trash compactor's on the detention level

My backpack's got jets
I'm boba the fett
I bounty hunt for jaba hut
To finance my vette
I chill in deep space
A mask is over my face
I deliver the prize but I still narrow my eyes
Cuz my time I don't like to waste.
Nobody
Youngling

Post by Nobody »

Strider119 wrote:
SAMAS wrote:Here's a secret.

Oh Fun! :D
The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Post by The Drunkard Kid »

Okay, while I agree that Goku and Gohan will accidentally kill Palpatine and Vader with the shockwaves from their prefight spar (ala Vegeta and Goku's punches shattering the mountains around them in the Buu Saga), I feel that one minor note should be made: The Shunkan Idou *isn't* light speed. The dub says that Goku turns into a being of light and travels in that form, but that is just a bad translation. It's basically just teleportation. No matter how far you are from him, if he can sense ki in that area (1), he can appear there instantaneously. He's used it to travel interstellar distances and even across dimensions (2), provided he's not in a shielded dimension (such as the inside of Majin Buu).

(1) Within eyeshot, OTOH, he can apparently warp around like crazy without having to focus on the target's ki signature. Witness the battle against Android 19. Goku can easily just warp to Kaiou-sama's planet, charge a full out Kamehameha, then warp back and release it, ala the fight against Cell.

(2) And even if the two Sith somehow manage to make Goku die, *it won't even slow him down*. The Shukan Idou has the ability to warp back and forth between the afterlife and the mortal plane (he teleported Cell to Ano-yo, and Cell teleported himself back; during the Buu Saga, Buu used it to go to the afterlife as well), so he'd just come back and vaporize the Dark Lords if he had to. After all, he and his son are the only ones with easy access to ressurection plot devices, ie: the Namek Dragonballs.
"What's that smear on the wall, Mommy?"
"That used to be Spider-Man, honey."
"What killed him?"
"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Bugle said it was a zipper, and I believe the Bugle."
"Wow, he musta been real stupid, huh?"
"Yes honey, he was."
The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Post by The Drunkard Kid »

Er, not that it matters too much, but which version of the characters are being used, anyways?

Movie Palp/Vader, who never showed anywhere even remotely near the level of power that has been ascribed to them by a few posters, Novel Sith, which *have*, or the comics version, who also have displayed that level of power, from what I am given to understand? Manga Goku/Gohan (I believe that they're the weakest of the various versions, though they have all the same major power feats), Anime Son Family, or the Movie versions (who are considerably stronger than either of the other two, IIRC; Well, Goku is definitely much stronger in mosth of his movie incarnations than he is in the anime, anyways)?
"What's that smear on the wall, Mommy?"
"That used to be Spider-Man, honey."
"What killed him?"
"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Bugle said it was a zipper, and I believe the Bugle."
"Wow, he musta been real stupid, huh?"
"Yes honey, he was."
T-1000
Padawan Learner

Post by T-1000 »

Strider119 wrote:

piece of the pie:
Strider119
Hehehehe. My day just got a whole lot better. :D
Eagle299
Redshirt

Post by Eagle299 »

The Drunkard Kid wrote:Er, not that it matters too much, but which version of the characters are being used, anyways?

Movie Palp/Vader, who never showed anywhere even remotely near the level of power that has been ascribed to them by a few posters, Novel Sith, which *have*, or the comics version, who also have displayed that level of power, from what I am given to understand? Manga Goku/Gohan (I believe that they're the weakest of the various versions, though they have all the same major power feats), Anime Son Family, or the Movie versions (who are considerably stronger than either of the other two, IIRC; Well, Goku is definitely much stronger in mosth of his movie incarnations than he is in the anime, anyways)?
One power feat for the anime that often gets neglected; Goku was traveling to Namek in his modified Saiyan Space pod. His ship was damaged an went a bit off course. Right into a star. Goku used a Kamehameha to blow his ship away from the star's gravity. He was not only fighting the gravity of the star, but also the warp speed velocity of his own ship.
It was tough work, carryng two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers-- The highest spot in the city. The Scream alone is worth it. -Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

And Buu still blew up Earth with a casual quick blast in his original form in the manga and Goku still defeated him.
T-1000
Padawan Learner

Post by T-1000 »

JodoForce wrote:And Buu still blew up Earth with a casual quick blast in his original form in the manga and Goku still defeated him.
Only after gathering one moon sized spirit gathered from everyone on Earth.
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

true... :? He would still be able to blow up the earth with a similarly casual blast though, can't he? :?
T-1000
Padawan Learner

Post by T-1000 »

JodoForce wrote:true... :? He would still be able to blow up the earth with a similarly casual blast though, can't he? :?
Yeah, Buu can blow up a planet without any difficulty.