Marvel's Secret Invasion (spoilers)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Marvel's Secret Invasion (spoilers)

Post by Crazedwraith »

Or rather spoilers to come when I actually watch it.

Anyone else interested? It's SLJ, the skrulls from Captain Marvel, Daenerys Targaryen and that oscar winner from Hot Fuzz, Olivia Coleman, in a marvel alien spy story thing.

And the latest controversy is they used AI art in the opening titles. Shock horror.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: Marvel's Secret Invasion (spoilers)

Post by Crazedwraith »

Watch the first episode. I guess from the inspiration and general theming I should have known it was would be grim but it feels like a complete disconnect from the characters and the skrulls we've seen before.

The reason Fury was on that space station was he's lost his edge since the blip. He only comes back because Talos asked for help with a skrull terrorist movement, but it seems to be the main skrull government not renegades and he's the one who's outcast.

His wife died in the gap between Far From Home and this and then Maria Hill is killed off at the end of the episode. So one episode in and two fridgings which is absurd.

The only person even vaguely interesting or entertaining is Olivia Coleman by dint of being Olivia Coleman in a Marvel production.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: Marvel's Secret Invasion (spoilers)

Post by Crazedwraith »

Half way through. It's just grim and unentertaining. People keep telling Fury and Talos how much they suck. They even tell each other how much they suck. They also repeatedly talk about Fury's going away after the blip and Fury just has no reaction and nothing interesting to say about it.

They are trying to deconstruct Fury by saying all his success was based on his skrull network. (who were all entirely off SHIELD books?) so i assume they will try and reconstruct him in the second half.

But I kind of don't care?