Go see Turning Red

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Go see Turning Red

Post by Zor »

The Teaser Trailer, best no spoiler introduction to this movie

It's a Pixar movie about a Chinese-Canadian girl living in Toronto in 2002 who, when she gets worked up turns into a giant Red Panda*. It's really good. You should go see it.

*Incidentally one the best animals on earth.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: Go see Turning Red

Post by Crazedwraith »

It's already on Disney+ in regions that have that.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I thoroughly enjoyed it.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

I enjoyed it overall, but the ending/finale felt a bit boring
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

As someone who was in my late teens during this time period -- I FEEL SO SEEN!

I was on the opposite end of boy band culture, but I still remember all those things rather vividly. So much of that time period was perfectly captured on screen it was almost scary.

It also hit my anxiety in the balls a few times, but it hooked me well enough to power on through, which is a damn high recommendation from me.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

I was 26 in 2002, but I still loved the references :)

Good movie. I would have made the same end decision.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.