Trese - Netflix Supernatural Horror series

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Trese - Netflix Supernatural Horror series

Post by Majin Gojira »

This came out recently and it's a really solid series. I'm all for Urban Fantasy series not relying on Europe, and the rich folklore and mythology of the Philipines is a gold mine.

Trese herself is a good break from the standard Urban Fantasy protagonist. She's not a 'rebel', she's not snarky. She's direct and even polite in comparison.

The animation is smooth, the action is well-paced (got people from Star Wars: Clone Wars working on it, so that tracks), and the character design is on point. But the lip flaps are geared towards Tagalog and that can be a little distracting if you watch it in English.

I should have watched it first in Taglog.

Also, Episode 3 genuinely creeped me out.

I really hope this gets a second series.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/3IhCjxVjM-A[/youtube]

Here's the trailer:
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran