Zombieland 2 Trailer.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Zombieland 2 Trailer.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRFTKVDi6dw

I was a fan of the first one. I'll definitely see this. Hopefully its at least as good as the first.

In the trailer, there's what appears to be an Obama campaign poster in the White House. That's a nice touch. Given when the first film came out, its a safe guess that in the Zombieland universe, the apocalypse preempted Trump's Presidency, rather than being a result of it. :wink:

Also:

"I have nothing against hippies, I just want to beat the shit out of them." :lol:
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Zombieland 2 Trailer.

Post by FaxModem1 »

I have long had the fan theory that the Zombieland crew are on the path to becoming the equivalent of Fallout style Raiders that the PC has to fight off while scavenging the wasteland. This is mostly due to both their needless destruction of everywhere they go, killing of people they meet along the way, and their personalities as former con artists, violent leader, and one rather meek follower who doesn't do much to curb their baser impulses, such as utterly destroying a gift shop for the hell of it.

In the non-canon TV show pilot, they also shrug off the fact that they're responsible for every person they run into over the course of the episode.

Their taking over and trashing of the White House and trashing it in the trailer does not detract from that theory.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Zombieland 2 Trailer.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2019-07-28 09:47am I have long had the fan theory that the Zombieland crew are on the path to becoming the equivalent of Fallout style Raiders that the PC has to fight off while scavenging the wasteland. This is mostly due to both their needless destruction of everywhere they go, killing of people they meet along the way, and their personalities as former con artists, violent leader, and one rather meek follower who doesn't do much to curb their baser impulses, such as utterly destroying a gift shop for the hell of it.

In the non-canon TV show pilot, they also shrug off the fact that they're responsible for every person they run into over the course of the episode.

Their taking over and trashing of the White House and trashing it in the trailer does not detract from that theory.
Yeah, none of them are exactly moral paragons, but to be fair, they met all of one living, non-zombie person who wasn't a part of their group in the first film, and that person's death was an accidental friendly fire incident due to an (admittedly stupid) prank. Its not like they go around murdering random travelers and looting the corpses.

The random vandalism isn't particularly noble, but they're basically blowing off steam in a world with very limited options for recreation by trashing stuff who's owners are dead and that no one is ever realistically going to use again.

Haven't seen the TV pilot, so no comment.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.