Godzilla 2: King of Monsters

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Godzilla 2: King of Monsters

Post by tezunegari »

Who knew "Somehwere Over the Rainbow" could work this well as background music for a Kaiju Movie...

I have to admit I'm looking forward to this.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Re: Godzilla 2: King of Monsters

Post by Majin Gojira »

I am as well, obviously.

They seem really into the whole package.

To demonstrate this, they paid for the rights to use Godzilla's theme, Mothra's Song, and Blu Oyster Cult's "Godzilla!"
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

It took three goes, but America looks like it might pull off a really good Gozilla movie, a good anime adaptation and a good video game movie in the same year.

Who are you and what have you done with the real 2019?
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Vendetta wrote: 2019-04-26 06:10pm It took three goes, but America looks like it might pull off a really good Gozilla movie, a good anime adaptation and a good video game movie in the same year.

Dude, SHUT UP, or we might have to get the real 2019 back!

But, seriously, I think it was just a mater of the right people getting a hold of the rights to the francise, and then PAYING ATTENTION to what made the original franchise work.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Majin Gojira wrote: 2019-04-25 06:16pm I am as well, obviously.

They seem really into the whole package.

To demonstrate this, they paid for the rights to use Godzilla's theme, Mothra's Song, and Blu Oyster Cult's "Godzilla!"
I didn't know that.

It keeps getting better and better. :D
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Vendetta wrote: 2019-04-26 06:10pm It took three goes, but America looks like it might pull off a really good Gozilla movie, a good anime adaptation and a good video game movie in the same year.

Yeah, I saw the Sonic the Hedgehog trailer too
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Solauren wrote: 2019-04-28 11:41am
But, seriously, I think it was just a mater of the right people getting a hold of the rights to the francise, and then PAYING ATTENTION to what made the original franchise work.
the Godzilla reboot is brilliant because it replaces the original analogy of nuclear holocaust with the idea that an eschaton event can occur - one wherein the divine is supplanted by man-made climate catastrophe, in this case represented by primordial, elemental monsters awakening from the earth and taking the place of gods and angels and demons. And the trailer is pretty explicit in keeping that going in the new one - Ghidorah roaring to the heavens in the background, overshadowing a foreground cross is about as subtle as a brick to the head
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est