Avengers: Endgame release thread (spoilers)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Avengers: Endgame release thread (spoilers)

Post by LadyTevar » 2019-07-12 12:13am

The Romulan Republic wrote:
2019-07-11 10:11pm
NeoGoomba wrote:
2019-07-11 09:18pm
Although there's no way to tell now, I'm really hoping that Black Widow's film is her passing through some kind of crucible within the soul stone.

She's more than earned a film with some pathos behind it, not a lazy prequel.
Everything I've heard, sadly, indicates that it'll be a prequel. Which I normally wouldn't object to out of hand, but it stings under these circumstances because its a reminder that she's gone, and it means that Marvel only deemed her worthy of her own movie after her story was already over.

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for at least a post-credits scene of Natasha in the Soul Stone setting up further adventures, as unlikely as I know it is.
Hey, maybe we get to see Budapest?
Librium Arcana, Where Gamers Play!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar » 2019-07-12 12:16am

Solauren wrote:
2019-07-10 08:32am
Actually, that begs the question if they did that with Vision 'offscreen'.
Far From Home answers this question.
Librium Arcana, Where Gamers Play!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic » 2019-07-12 12:29am

LadyTevar wrote:
2019-07-12 12:13am
NeoGoomba wrote:
2019-07-11 09:18pm
Although there's no way to tell now, I'm really hoping that Black Widow's film is her passing through some kind of crucible within the soul stone.

She's more than earned a film with some pathos behind it, not a lazy prequel.
Everything I've heard, sadly, indicates that it'll be a prequel. Which I normally wouldn't object to out of hand, but it stings under these circumstances because its a reminder that she's gone, and it means that Marvel only deemed her worthy of her own movie after her story was already over.

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for at least a post-credits scene of Natasha in the Soul Stone setting up further adventures, as unlikely as I know it is.
Probably, but I'd much rather see what present Natasha is up to in whatever pocket dimension exists inside the Soul Stone. Or I guess, since its shattered now, whether she still exists is was unpersoned.

Edit: If I was making the movie, I'd have it start with Natasha and Clint on the cliff in Endgame, then go back to "ten years earlier" or something. Show them meeting up and their first mission or two together (maybe Budapest), and then the final scene/post-credits scene would flash back to the present and be Natasha waking up in the Soul dimension and being greeted by Gamora.
"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"-The Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson, 1776.

A promise never lived up to, but always to be aspired to.

EnterpriseSovereign
Jedi Council Member

Post by EnterpriseSovereign » 2019-07-12 02:05pm

2019-07-12 12:29am
LadyTevar wrote:

Probably, but I'd much rather see what present Natasha is up to in whatever pocket dimension exists inside the Soul Stone. Or I guess, since its shattered now, whether she still exists is was unpersoned.

Edit: If I was making the movie, I'd have it start with Natasha and Clint on the cliff in Endgame, then go back to "ten years earlier" or something. Show them meeting up and their first mission or two together (maybe Budapest), and then the final scene/post-credits scene would flash back to the present and be Natasha waking up in the Soul dimension and being greeted by Gamora.
You'd only be going back to just before the events of Winter Soldier then :wink: You need at least twenty :mrgreen: Certainly any film has to include Hawkeye, wasn't he originally sent to kill her?
It's no use debating a moron; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Just because you have the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't mean the rest of us are so encumbered.

"As you know science is not fact"- HuskerJay
"The Delta Fyler [sic] isn't even a shuttle craft" -HuskerJay69
"The Dominion War wasn't really all that bad"- Admiral Mercury

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic » 2019-07-12 10:12pm

EnterpriseSovereign wrote:
2019-07-12 02:05pm
2019-07-12 12:29am
LadyTevar wrote:

You'd only be going back to just before the events of Winter Soldier then :wink: You need at least twenty :mrgreen: Certainly any film has to include Hawkeye, wasn't he originally sent to kill her?
Yeah, I guess I forgot there was a time skip of five years in Endgame.
"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"-The Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson, 1776.

A promise never lived up to, but always to be aspired to.