Neo (The Matrix) vs the Justice League (DC Films).

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Neo (The Matrix) vs the Justice League (DC Films).

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Simple scenario- by whatever magic, technology, or divine intervention, the Justice League are transported into the Matrix. Neo believes they are programs/agents of the system, and attacks.

For relative abilities:

Neo

Neo vs Smith: final battle (The Matrix): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNnGXXIPzuo

Neo saves Trinity (The Matrix Reloaded): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVTh396YR90

Neo vs army of Smiths (The Matrix Revolutions):

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EpC2T00PAE
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOTLPVKY-IY
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pn7YiEEkKA

The Justice League

Batman, Superman, and Wonder woman vs Doomsday (Batman v Superman):

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-95pUh4k4o
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3D--I78F7I

The Justice League vs. Superman (Justice League): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr-TY2y_-pw

The Justice League with Superman vs Steppenwulf (Justice League):

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-yCd2386a0
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrKfM6MXyJc

Who wins?
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Re: Neo (The Matrix) vs the Justice League (DC Films).

Post by Tribble »

Since this is taking place in the Matrix itself Neo easily stomps most of the Justice League. Remember that his powers are ultimately a result of his unique coding, which no one else (except for the Oracle and/or the Architect) possesses*. When the Justice League is transported most of them are likely going to lose their powers (since the Matrix would not have coded the average person to have super powers) and at best will only be capable of feats of other redpills like Morpheus. Assuming that they are fully aware of the artifical enviorenment and are not directly plugged into the system as a bluepill.

The big excpetion here is Cyborg, as can probably interface and/or alter the Matrix's programming better than the others. Perhaps even better than Neo if he can hack into the mainframe.

Edit:

*note that this stems from the sequels, which I try really hard to forget. In the original it was heavily implied that Neo's powers were due to him being the first person to fully overcome the Matrix via his will and perspective, and that in theory anyone could theoretically be Neo (hence all the other potentials we see). Much better cinematically than what we got later, but I digress...

Well, I suppose for the sake of a better fight you could say that due to a glitch in hte Matrix and/or because of their sheer will the JL gets to keep their powers. Hmmmm.
Last edited by Tribble on 2019-01-20 11:56am, edited 1 time in total.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

It's a silly take on the scenario to go "and the Justice League lose all their power in the matrix." It defeats the point of comparison.

Now as The One, Neo is supposed to omnipotent in The Matrix but the sequels never show him living up on this. He might be able to go toe to toe with Aquaman or Wonder Woman, but both of them? Plus Flash and Cyborg joining in? Nah.

Is Superman included in the JL line up here? (The title of the last link seems to indicate he's separate but I'd assume him to be a member by the end of the film )Because Neo has no chance against him alone.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2019-01-20 11:56am It's a silly take on the scenario to go "and the Justice League lose all their power in the matrix." It defeats the point of comparison.

Just pointing out that technically most of them would, with the possible exception of Cyborg (who may potentially even be better at manipulating the Matrix than Neo is). :P

IMO the ladder is a worthy fight in itself.
Crazedwraith wrote: Now as The One, Neo is supposed to omnipotent in The Matrix but the sequels never show him living up on this.

Ya, IIRC the last scene has the Matrix having some sort of system failure just by his mere presence. Unfortunately they decided to make sequels and in order to keep him more grounded they had to depower him.

Crazedwraith wrote:He might be able to go toe to toe with Aquaman or Wonder Woman, but both of them? Plus Flash and Cyborg joining in? Nah.

Is Superman included in the JL line up here? (The title of the last link seems to indicate he's separate but I'd assume him to be a member by the end of the film )Because Neo has no chance against him alone.
IMO it's hard to say for sure because so much of what Neo does in the Matrix is based on his will. When Smith killed Neo in the first movie he realised that even death in the Matrix was just an illusion, the brought himself back to life, healed his body and kicked Smith's ass. While Neo may be overpowered by the JL physically I'm not so sure that they could permanently stop / kill him in the Matrix so long as he has the willpower to continue.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Crazedwraith wrote: 2019-01-20 11:56am It's a silly take on the scenario to go "and the Justice League lose all their power in the matrix." It defeats the point of comparison.
Indeed.

If you want a reason, the Matrix basically works on "Your mind makes it real". IIRC, it creates your image based on how you remember looking in the Matrix. So its not a huge leap that if the League believe they have superpowers, then they will.

And they might actually get a power boost over time, or at least Batman will- because if willpower has anything to do with it, he'll be gaining Matrix powers himself eventually.
Now as The One, Neo is supposed to omnipotent in The Matrix but the sequels never show him living up on this. He might be able to go toe to toe with Aquaman or Wonder Woman, but both of them? Plus Flash and Cyborg joining in? Nah.
Omnipotence was never explicitly stated, IIRC, but perhaps heavily implied. But let's keep it to observed powers.

Note that he has gone toe-to-toe with multiple superpowered opponents (the army of Smiths and the Merovingian's guards in Reloaded, which I should probably post as well). Albeit none of them were individually as strong as Superman, Wonder Woman, or probably the other League members (sans Batman).
I mostly included the League vs Superman scene because it was a good demonstration of how the various League members, including Supes, fought. Feel free to debate either scenario- League with Superman or League without Superman.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Indeed.

If you want a reason, the Matrix basically works on "Your mind makes it real". IIRC, it creates your image based on how you remember looking in the Matrix. So its not a huge leap that if the League believe they have superpowers, then they will.

And they might actually get a power boost over time, or at least Batman will- because if willpower has anything to do with it, he'll be gaining Matrix powers himself eventually.
Again, I was just pointing out that technically the sequels (unfortunately) made it clear that Neo's powers largely stemmed from his unique coding rather than solely due to his willpower and an understanding of how the Matrix worked.

Anyways, this does raise the question of whether or not Neo can duplicate the Justice League's powers after viewing them directly. They are just code in the Matrix after all, and he can literally see that.

The Romulan Republic wrote:Omnipotence was never explicitly stated, IIRC, but perhaps heavily implied. But let's keep it to observed powers.
Hmmm, we'll still have to split this into "first movie vs sequels" IMO since IIRC at the end of the first movie we see Neo doing things like literally bending reality around him, jumping into Smith and causing him to explode from within, causing a system-failure by his mere presence etc. IMO Neo at that point could beat the entire JL, especially if he attacked immediately before they had the chance to figure out what was going on.
The Romulan Republic wrote: Note that he has gone toe-to-toe with multiple superpowered opponents (the army of Smiths and the Merovingian's guards in Reloaded, which I should probably post as well). Albeit none of them were individually as strong as Superman, Wonder Woman, or probably the other League members (sans Batman).
Hmmm... well based on what we see of "sequel Neo's" fights, we know that he's fast enough to out-fly an explosion and cause tornado-like winds, withstand punches that could break concrete with little sign of injury (hell even his glasses didn't break in the Smith Army fight) and survive being slammed into asphalt with enough force to generate ~20 foot-deep crater. I'd say one-on-one he's probably a match for anyone save for Superman.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

That's about my estimate- he could handle any of them one on one save Superman (well, maybe not Batman v Superman Diana-I think they kind of nerfed her in Justice League), but if they all came at him at once he'd have his hands full. The smart move would be to try to separate them somehow, so he could focus on one at a time.

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Could Neo even comprehend the speed the Flash moves at? Hell, could the Matrix's software itself?

Anyway, my thought is that...
Batman will lose to Neo
Aquaman will probably lose to Neo, but it would be an interesting throw down.
Cyborg would lose to Neo, but it would be an interesting throw down.
Flash as he stands in the movie has limited combat training, and can't fly. Neo and him will be an interesting fight, but it will probably go to Neo.
Wonder Woman kicks Neo's ass.
Superman kicks Neo's ass so hard, it crashes the Matrix.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.