Game of Thrones Final Season Predictions/Wishes.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Game of Thrones Final Season Predictions/Wishes.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

With the final season of Game of Thrones due later this year, I thought now would be a good time for people to make their predictions and place their bets.

For me:

I'd like to see Brienne and Davos live (and Tyrion and Arya, I guess), but I have a feeling Brienne is going to bite it. Probably some tragic doomed romance with Jaime shit.

Cersei will die, of course, probably at Jaime's hand with Jaime dying shortly thereafter. Cersei's child will never be born, in keeping with prophecy.

I think either Danny, Jon, or both will die, possibly leaving an offspring to continue the line. However, it is possible that they will leave no successor. They will do their part in the story and save the world, but Danny's empire will collapse, and the wheel will keep turning.

Thoughts?
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Game of Thrones Final Season Predictions/Wishes.

Post by FaxModem1 »

I predict that the ending will be the fall of Westeros, with a few token survivors making it Eastward. Everyone else will die due to not having enough strength to fight against the White Walkers because of the constant deaths from the previous wars.

There will be hope, as they do strike a mortal blow against the White Walkers. But they'll have to live as refugees for the rest of their days.
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2019-01-13 05:15pm I predict that the ending will be the fall of Westeros, with a few token survivors making it Eastward. Everyone else will die due to not having enough strength to fight against the White Walkers because of the constant deaths from the previous wars.

There will be hope, as they do strike a mortal blow against the White Walkers. But they'll have to live as refugees for the rest of their days.
Is that what you actually think will happen, or what you hope will happen?
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

SCRawl wrote: 2019-01-13 05:22pm
FaxModem1 wrote: 2019-01-13 05:15pm I predict that the ending will be the fall of Westeros, with a few token survivors making it Eastward. Everyone else will die due to not having enough strength to fight against the White Walkers because of the constant deaths from the previous wars.

Think. Hence the term predict. It's what would fit in the show's theme of nihilism.
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2019-01-13 05:25pm Think. Hence the term predict. It's what would fit in the show's theme of nihilism.
Oh, I understood the meaning of the terms, I was just wondering if you really meant it. I personally can't imagine the showrunners going in that direction, or GRRM going in that direction for that matter, but that's me.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2019-01-13 05:25pm
SCRawl wrote: 2019-01-13 05:22pm

Think. Hence the term predict. It's what would fit in the show's theme of nihilism.
People often assert that the theme of GoT is nihilism. This is not, in fact, the case. The show has shown repeatedly that while there is a great deal of suffering and injustice in the world, there are also genuinely good people, and they do win at least some of the time, even if the road is a long and difficult one.

Edit: That said, I do think it would be out of keeping with the series thus far to tie everything up with a neat little happily ever after bow, and I don't think that would be satisfying to most audience members either. Hence my prediction that the White Walkers would lose, but that the price would be that Danny and/or Jon would die, Danny's empire would collapse, and the wheel would keep turning.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.