Fantasy Power Animal Fibonachi.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Fantasy Power Animal Fibonachi.

Post by madd0ct0r »

+FIRE

Starting in Switzerland, a strange effect is slowly spreading across the earth. If you fall asleep in the Zone, when you awake you will have a real life power animal, similar to His dark Materials daemons in nature, and pokemon in outlandishness. Your daemon reflects a certain part of your own brain. It is moderetly sympathetic to you, sharing your interests, desires and philosophy, but tends to reflect more hidden or less exercised parts of you. They tend to be of the opposite sex, but not always.

The zone expands by a mile a day, and starts off 17 miles in diameter.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: Fantasy Power Animal Fibonachi.

Post by madd0ct0r »

+NOCTURNAL

It has been found that there are rituals that can be done once you have a daemon, or are silly enough to sleep in the zone and wake with one permently attached to you (they can only travel about 20m away from you).

If you live with your daemon, you will both be able to converse, have an intimate knowledge of the other's emotional state, and live as long as one of you is consuming food. The daemon will have certain magical abilities, and you will have companionship.

if you kill and eat your daemon, you will gain the ability to morph into a human/daemon hybrid (and back) at will. The process takes a few mintutes, and the end result is often simialr to werewolfs in sature, size and power..

If your daemon kills and eats you, they are able to shift fully into this reality. They will appear unchanged, but will now be able to reproduce with any other fully shifted daemon. Their offspring will be a hybrid of their own abilities, and will breed true.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

+FLYING

It has been found that the nature of the daemon you create for yourself by sleeping in the zone, is based on three factors. These are other daemon you have encountered, and your own dreams and psyche. This is represneted here by every post MUST start with a +WORD.

Your daemon reflects the abilites of not only your posted word, but the previous two (hence Fibbonachi). if you have a daemon already, you may generate another and describe it, but it will be attached to some other human.

Unless some other tag superseeds it, all daemons deafult to "+Cat-sized, +Friendly +Furry, +Carnivourous"

So in this case, (and explaining the triple post to start), I have +Fire, +Flying + Nocturnal +Cat-sized, +Friendly +Furry +Carnivourous. The next person will loose Fire, but gain whatever extra tag they supply.

I am attached to a Jappabath. These daemon look a little like bats, but with eight limbs and a body of four furry balls connected by a flexible spine, Each of the four body balls sports a pair of wings. The first pair serve double duty as ears when the Jappabath is at rest, curled around my shoulders. It can wing walk, and looks a bit like a caterpillar bumbling along. It can shoot a burst of flame out of claw tip of each wing - each no bigger then a struck match, but quite unnerving when it does it all the same. it tends to use it to light patches of grass to feed on mice running out, or as a blinding defence mechanisim if attacked at night. It says it chose me because I am scared of my sudden insight.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

+VIVID

I'm attached to a Nocanth. They take the form of dragonflies with crows wings and a beak curved to a sly looking grin. They glow faintly under moonlight and their colors are the most vibrant at sunrise and sunset. Its legs are more than strong enough to walk on and, despite being the size of a medium housecat, the Nocanth can even cling upside to textured surfaces like spackled roofs and broad tree branches. That said they generally prefer to flit about with the agility of an insect and boundless energy that seems excessive for their size. It can hypnotize people and animals with brief visions of blinding colors when threatened or while hunting.

It says it chose me because of how replete with details my dreams can be in spite of my insomnia.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

I think it's probably a forgone conclusion that my daemon has already killed and eaten me. She is fin-typing this now, but is pretty sure that up until the end I loved her. Swim like you mean it, baby sharks.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker