Captain Marvel teaser.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Captain Marvel teaser.

Post by LadyTevar » 2018-09-22 06:14pm

EnterpriseSovereign wrote:
2018-09-22 04:00pm
If the meat of the story takes place off-planet it might explain why she wasn't around for IW. Kind of have to assume Fury's device was more than a simple pager to get a signal to her. I suspect the post credit scene will show her receiving said signal- obviously she wouldn't have been on Xandar during Thanos' raid else she would have stopped him before he got a single stone. Perhaps she gets to the planet after the event and we see the carange Thanos left behind, and people disintegrate around her.
THIS. This would make the perfect Mid-Credit scene, followed by an EndCredit with the Avengers.
Librium Arcana, Where Gamers Play!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet

Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 » 2018-09-22 08:36pm

Actual mid-credit scene:

Turns out Carol was working with Thanos ALL ALONG! BUAHAHAHA!

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith » 2018-09-23 06:07am

If the meat of the story takes place off-planet it might explain why she wasn't around for IW. Kind of have to assume Fury's device was more than a simple pager to get a signal to her. I suspect the post credit scene will show her receiving said signal- obviously she wouldn't have been on Xandar during Thanos' raid else she would have stopped him before he got a single stone. Perhaps she gets to the planet after the event and we see the carange Thanos left behind, and people disintegrate around her.

Err.. what? That's the other weird assumption people seem to have about Carol that's she going to be super overpowered and effortlessly solve the Thanos problem.

I mean I know Feige has said she's powerful but she's still only going to be part of the team.
To the brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... sucks to be you - Peter David

EnterpriseSovereign
Jedi Council Member

Post by EnterpriseSovereign » 2018-09-23 01:39pm

Crazedwraith wrote:
2018-09-23 06:07am

Err.. what? That's the other weird assumption people seem to have about Carol that's she going to be super overpowered and effortlessly solve the Thanos problem.

I mean I know Feige has said she's powerful but she's still only going to be part of the team.
Because he'd have been far easier to take out singlehandedly before he was powered up by the stones, unless the infinity gauntlet itself was able to enhance the wielder in some way.
It's no use debating a moron; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Just because you have the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't mean the rest of us are so encumbered.

"As you know science is not fact"- HuskerJay
"The Delta Fyler [sic] isn't even a shuttle craft" -HuskerJay69
"The Dominion War wasn't really all that bad"- Admiral Mercury

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith » 2018-09-23 02:26pm

2018-09-23 01:39pm
Crazedwraith wrote:
2018-09-23 06:07am

Because he'd have been far easier to take out singlehandedly before he was powered up by the stones, unless the infinity gauntlet itself was able to enhance the wielder in some way.
He went hand-to-hand with the hulk and beat him effortlessly without the stones (at least without using the powerstone as far as we can say.)

Plus if you want to stop him at Xandar you have to fight him plus his children plus his armies, all at once. I don't think Carol was there, I don't think she could stop him there either.
To the brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... sucks to be you - Peter David