Luke Cage S2 Out Now

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Luke Cage S2 Out Now

Post by Crazedwraith »

Netflix has reason Season 2 of Luke Cage.

I just watched the trailer and it seems cool. No Iron Fist though, I'd hoped they might go a Heroes For Hire route.

Still so behind on Netflix's Marvel series, ain't watched Punisher or Jessica Jones S2 though I assume this series would make sense without them?
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Re: Luke Cage S2 Out Now

Post by PREDATOR490 »

Punisher should have nothing to do with any of the other series with the exception of Daredevil S3 if it happens and its likely to be a trivial affair.

Jessica Jones, still likely to have minimal effect on Luke Cage Season 2 unless they pull off a reference to what happened to JJ or she makes a cameo. I would find both extremely unlikely.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

I saw the trailer a while ago. It featured someone who could hurt Luke Cage. Given that season 1 went downhill when bullets that could hurt him showed up, I'm not likely to watch season 2 unless I hear it's good.
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

4 Episodes in - So far it is extremely slow and padded heavily to fill time. Lost count of how many scenes are filled with watching a band and singer getting exclusive time to do a full song.

I kinda get this is meant to be bottom basement street level action and the budget will not let them pull off anything special but huge sections of episodes watching everyone from good guys to bad chewing up screen time for relatively nothing is really bad.

If this is the way things are going to go in individual series then it might just be better to scrap the individual series and make the Defenders an on-going thing. Not necessarily teaming up every episode but covering all of the heroes separately within the same series as they actually do things. At the very least it might improve the cross continuity and combine the budgets of all of the series into one so they can actually do more with it rather than spread a paper thing plot arc over 13 episodes.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I liked it. Not perfect, bit fun nonetheless. It went to some ugly places, but also some fantastic ones.

Oddly, there's a young black man in the show called DW Griffith, who makes money from selling footage of Cage doing stuff. I found that odd, especially considering that it wasn't really paid off.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

One thing I noticed while watching this, is that multiple references are made to Barack and Michelle Obama. Which is very odd, as this is supposed to be the MCU, and there's been no reference to Barack Obama being president before this. Which either means the writers didn't care, or the people of Harlem really love their Illinois senators.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2018-07-01 05:26am One thing I noticed while watching this, is that multiple references are made to Barack and Michelle Obama. Which is very odd, as this is supposed to be the MCU, and there's been no reference to Barack Obama being president before this. Which either means the writers didn't care, or the people of Harlem really love their Illinois senators.
This is not the first time that's happened. Obama got a reference in Runaways, where Nico says her parents haven't been on a date "Since the Obama Administration."

Which implies that in the MCU Obama was a one-term president.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran